Chapter 6

The Boss's Daughter

 

Doojoon's POV

 
"I swear I don't know anything. I don't know what your talking about!" the man pleaded. 
 
He was lying on the floor begging and half-crying. He didn't look like the big thug they brought in three hours ago. He looked weak and pathetic. 
 
"If you're not going to talk, you are of no use to me." The Boss replied menacingly. He was slowly approaching the man. He looked like a tiger stalking its prey.
 
"Please, please. I'll do anything you want just don't kill me. Please. Don't do this. I don't know about the girl." He whimpered. 
 
Without another word from the Boss he approached the man and put his gun to his temple. The man was hysterical. 
 
BANG!
 
Blood splattered everywhere and the lifeless man fell to the floor. 
 
"Take him and drop him at the Yakuza's doorstep." The Boss said before exiting the room.
 
The Boss was true to his word about killing every Yakuza he came in contact with. If they had no valuable information, the Boss put a bullet in their brain and then left them at the gate of the Yakuza estate. 
 
It was nighttime, so the Boss wanted me to come by once the guards came to watch over Gayoon. He wanted me to see the interrogations and determine if any of the men brought in looked familiar.
 
I was tired and wanted to go back to my temporary home. I knew none of these men and it seemed that none of them had any info. The Yakuza were only entrusting this plot with their most trusted men. These simple foot soldiers were completely unaware of the Boss's family. 
 
I had been watching over Gayoon for a couple of weeks now. It was getting harder each day. I was paranoid that the Yakuza were right under my nose, but I couldn't sense it. I was growing frustrated that every slight lead always landed in a dead end. 
 
Then there was Gayoon.
 
I tried to deny it. Pretend that it didn't exist and bury the feelings down deep, but what was the point? I knew I was denying the inevitable. I was falling for Gayoon. Falling hard.
 
Ever since that night at Jay's, I've found myself thinking about her differently and seeing her in a new light. When she was around, and she was always around, my heartbeat quickened, my palms got sweaty and I experienced an overwhelming sense of nervousness. When ever she would touch me, my skin would get hot and it was as if her touch was burned into my senses for days. 
 
Just watching her on the monitors took my breath away. Seeing her laugh at a joke I couldn't hear would make me smile. I was no longer bored watching those monitors, because just seeing her made me elated.
 
. I hated this feeling. I wish it would go away. This was a job. I wasn't Lee Doojoon. I didn't move back here from the states. And I most certainly didn't fall for some college girl. Once the Yakuza are terminated, I would go back to my real life. I would go back to stealing cash, taking out gang members and smuggling drugs.
 
I was a murderer. A monster. If Gayoon knew who I really was, she'd run. She would want nothing to do with me. I lied to her. I'm not who she thinks I am. I've been keeping the secret that I was sent by her father and she would never forgive that deception. 
 
I need to accept the fact that I will never be with her. I need to accept that this isn't my life, that we don't belong together. Yoon Doojoon get your act together. You've never had a hard time separating your feelings from your job, why is this one so difficult?
 

Gayoon's POV

 
I was sitting on the couch, bored. Jiyoon had a class at 7pm so she wasn't home yet, and Hyuna went to go visit her cousin. I was feeling lonely.
 
Bzzzt. My phone went off. It was Doojoon. We'd been texting the last half hour. He told me he was bored too and that I should come over. I texted back a quick reply said I'd be over in 5 minutes. 
 
I ran over to the mirror to see how I looked. Unsatisfied with my appearance, I quickly ran upstairs and changed out of my sweats. I took my hair out of the bun and luckily it gave my hair some volume and  curls cascaded down. I then put on very minimal makeup.
 
I know it was stupid to pretty myself up this late at night, but I wanted to look good for him. After that night at Jay's, Doojoon and I started hanging out a lot and I had to admit that I liked him. He was so cute and sweet, but then he could also be y and serious. 
 
Everytime I saw him I felt like a little kid with her first crush. I crossed the lawn to his house and he opened the door before I even got there. He was wearing a tee and sweats. I suddenly felt extremely stupid for getting all dressed up. 
 
"Hey" he said and pulled me into a hug. "You look pretty." 
I said hey and hugged him back. When I was with him I couldn't think straight. I couldn't help but blush when he hugged me and complimented me.
 
"I have some movies we can watch. You can pick one out, they're on the coffee table." Doojoon said. "I'll go make popcorn." 
 
I went over and looked at the movies. I decided on a action movie, that way Doojoon would like it too. 
 
I felt like a girlfriend going to hangout with her boyfriend. However, Doojoon wasn't my boyfriend. He had never asked me on a date or made a move and it was frustrating. I started to think he might like me, and Hyuna and Jiyoon seemed so certain, but then why has he not made a move? Was I reading him wrong. 
 
He always teased me and seemed to flirt with me. His body language made him seem interested, but maybe I've been reading too much into it. Ugh. I needed to know if he liked me or not. I was going crazy. 
 
When Doojoon came back he looked at the movie I selected. "Good choice. I don't think I could've watched you fawn all over some guy in a cheesy chick flick." He teased. He was sitting very close. Too close for friends. Damnit, I have to tell him how I feel. I can't keep wondering. After all, isn't it never just a movie?
 
"I like you." I blurted out. Crapppppp!!!!!. I didn't mean to do that! I didn't plan to admit my feelings just like that!
 
"Huh?" He said looking at me. 
 
I know he heard me, but I think he wanted me to elaborate.
 
"I said I like you. I like you a lot Doojoon. I don't know how you feel about me, but I needed to tell you. You're funny, sweet, kind, handsome, and I couldn't help falling for you. Whenever we're together I'm so nervous and-"
 
Doojoon pulled me into a kiss. Oh my god. It was quick, but felt amazing. His lips were so soft and I could feel my lips still tingling after he pulled away.
 
"I like you too Gayoon. I've been going crazy these past few weeks because I didn't think a girl like you would be attracted to a guy like me." He said.
 
"Doojoon how could you not think I'd like you. You are the perfect man." I said. I was so happy that I could scream. I wasn't crazy, he did have feelings for me.
 
"Nobody is perfect, but I'll take it." He whispered and smiled. He then cupped my face and kissed me again. This kiss was longer and more passionate. The way he held me, it made me feel so petite and delicate. That was the effect Doojoon had on me. I let myself get lost in the kiss.
 

Doojoon's POV

I knew I shouldn't do it, that it was wrong, but when she told me how she felt I couldn't help it. I tried to ignore my feelings for her, but I knew that was impossible. As we were kissing, I didn't care about the repercussions. In this moment I wanted to just hold her in my arms and I would worry about the rest later. 
 
When we pulled away Gayoon's eyes grew wide and she screamed. In that same moment I felt hands wrap around throat. 
 
. I was being strangled, and I knew what I'd have to do, but Gayoon was in front of me. She looked terrified and I was about to make it much worse.
 
 

yay D & G kissed!, but I didn't let that happiness last for long. I'm such a bad person lol. Now what is Doojoon going to tell Gayoon when he kicks the crap out of the mystery intruder? Things are starting to get interesting.