Chapter 3

The Boss's Daughter

 

Gayoon's POV

We got to the class a little early. He sat down next to me and we talked a little bit.
 
"So..is this class as boring as the last one" he asked.
 
"Ugh Mr. Kang is so boring and such a prick. This class is better. Mrs. Dong is a lot nicer and more interesting."
 
"Cool." He replied.
 
"So..Doojoon, where did you transfer from?" I asked.
 
There was a pause and I wondered if he heard me.
 
"I transferred from a college in the states." He said.
 
"Why'd you move back?" I asked.
 
"I...just felt like it." He replied cryptically.
 
Some students started walking in. Doojoon was watching the doorway intently. 
 
"Do you know anybody here?" I asked. Maybe he knew someone from the school that he was looking for. 
 
"I have some family in Korea, but I don't know anyone in Seoul, well except for you." He said.
 
I blushed at his statement. 
 
Damn, the effect this guy had on me. I normally wasn't this nervous around guys. I was typically pretty cold towards people I didn't know.
 
"That girl that was in the last class, she your friend.?" He asked
 
My face probably fell a hundred stories. Of course he was asking about Hyuna. Hyuna was hot and she knew it. Guys were always hitting on her.
 
"Yea that's my friend Hyuna." I replied.
 
"You guys been friends a long time?"
 
Hmm he didn't ask for her number or if she's single..maybe I misjudged his question.
 
"I've known her for about 2 years, but she's one of my best friends. We live together with our other friend Jiyoon." I said.
 
About 6 months ago my mom died in a nasty car crash. It was a hit-and-run and the cops never caught the driver that hit her. I was, and still am, devastated. My mom was the only family I had and now she's gone. 
 
Jiyoon and Hyuna were two of my best friends. I met Hyuna when I was a freshman in college and then we both met Jiyoon in our English class. We all became fast friends. 
 
I asked Jiyoon and Hyuna to move in with me because I was so depressed and lonely. I live in this huge house and it's just too big for one person. My mom was a business woman and she made a decent living, but no way could she afford that house, or our lifestyle.
 
I've asked my mother where the money came from before, but she always told me not to worry about it. She said I'd always be taken care of. 
 
I had a multitude of credit cards at my disposal. However, the bills were never sent to the house. I've tried to figure out where the bills go, but for some reason it always leads to a dead end. 
 
When my mom died I thought I'd be on my own. I expected the mysterious financial provider to stop paying. I thought I'd need to get a job and find a place to live. This was not the case. Apparently I inherited a huge amount of money and my bills were still being paid for. 
 
For awhile I thought that my dad was the one paying, but when I asked my mom about it she said that he died a very long time ago. He was a business man like my mother and my mom loved him very much. She always got emotional when talking about him. I never asked her to go into details, she always looked so broken when talking about him. I didn't want to make things harder for her.
 
"That's cool. I used to live with some friends back in the states." Doojoon said. He then looked over at me. "Hey are you okay?"
 
The pain from my mother's death must have been written on my face. He rested his hand on my shoulder and was looking into my eyes.
 
"Yeah. Sorry, I was just thinking about something." I replied. The way he was looking at me made me shiver. It was just so...intense.
 
Just then Mrs. Dong came in. Perfect timing, I needed to distract myself from my feelings about my mother. The class became quiet and everyone got in work-mode.
 
 
 
 
After class was finished I asked Doojoon what class he had next.
 
"I'm actually off right now. I have 2 hours before my next class, which is marketing." He replied.
 
"I'm off too..and marketing is my next class. Our schedules are like identical ha-ha." Looks like I'd be seeing Doojoon a lot..not that I minded. "I was going to go meet my friends for lunch at a cafe near the school. Do you want to join?" I asked.
 
"Sure." He replied and smiled. His smile really made my heartbeat speed up. Damn, this guy.
 
We walked over to the cafe. Everyone was already waiting for us.
 
"Yah! We were waiting for you!" Yoseob cried. "I'm starving!"
 
I walked over to the group and smacked Yoseob on the arm. "Quit your whining."
 
"Guys this is Doojoon. He's new here." I said to the group. Everyone said hi.
 
"Doojoon , you already met Hyuna. Then this is Jiyoon, Jilhyun and her boyfriend Kikwang, Sohyun and her boyfriend Illhoon, and Yoseob." I said.
 
"Yeah he's got it. Now can we eat already?" Yoseob whined.
 
I just glared at him and took a seat. 
 

Doojoon's POV

When we got the the cafe Gayoon's attitude instantly changed. When I was talking to her one-on-one I thought she was fragile and delicate. However,with her friends she was talkative and didn't take crap from anybody. She already hit that Yoseob guy a couple of times.
 
I didn't really know how I would interact with Gayoon. On my drive over to the school I debated whether I'd try and talk with her or just creepily watch her from afar. When we bumped into each other in the hallway, I decided it would be easier to try and be her friend.
 
I've been observing the other students, but it was harder than I thought. Nobody seemed out of place. A found that a lot of guys were constantly looking at Gayoon, but nothing that seemed out of the ordinary. The girl was beautiful. Even in simple clothes and no make-up she still stood out. I didn't like all the guys staring at her though. I guess I was being protective in more ways than one.
 
Right now I was sitting in between Sohyun and Jilhyun. Gayoon was across the table sitting next to Jiyoon and the muscle-y guy whose name I forgot. 
 
I wasn't really paying attention until Sohyun snapped her finger in my face.
 
"Helloooo Doojoon" she said.
 
"Huh what?" I said disoriented. 
 
"I said nice going hurting my poor Gayoonie in the hallway" she replied.
 
"Hey she bumped into me" I replied jokingly. "Not my fault she runs like a crazy woman down the hallways."
 
Everyone laughed at the table, including Gayoon. Her laugh put the biggest smile on my   face. Earlier when Gayoon was telling me about her roommates she seemed to mentally check out for a minute. She looked so upset and I wasn't sure what to do. I knew she must of been thinking about her mom, but she didn't know I knew about that.
 
"I was running late and you saw what an Kang is. I didn't want to get yelled at." Gayoon said.
 
"Good thing Doojoon saved you. He put Kang in his place." Hyuna replied.
 
Gayoon then lightly pushed Jiyoon and kicked Hyuna under the table.
 
"Hey what was that for?" Both asked at the same time. 
 
"That's for not waking me up! It's your fault I was late in the first place." Gayoon cried.
 
"We didn't want to wake you. You're cranky when you wake up" Jiyoon said.
 
I laughed at that statement.
 
Then the group started talking about some party they went to some time ago. I took that time to survey the cafe. Besides an old woman glaring at our noisy group, nobody was watching. Everyone seemed engrossed in reading, typing, talking or eating. 
 
 
 
 
When everyone was done eating we all headed back to school. I was walking with Gayoon, Jilhyun and Kikwang. We all had the same class. 
 
"So Doojoon you play any sports?" Kikwang asked.
 
Does hand-to-hand combat and sharp shooting count?
 
"Uhh I like to play soccer. I used to play in high school." I replied.
 
That wasn't actually a lie. I did love soccer and played during high school. In between drug smuggling and stealing. 
 
I've had to act for my job a couple of times, but pretending to be a college student was definitely my hardest task. My story about moving from the states was pretty lame and I'm surprised Gayoon even believed me.
 
"I used to play soccer too. I do every once in awhile with the guys. You should join us some time." Kikwang replied.
 
"Sure. Sounds good." I said.
 
"You've seemed to hit it off with my friends." Gayoon said to me. She said it quiet enough for the other two not to hear.
 
"Yeah they're chill. Kikwang reminds me of some my friends in the states. Thanks for introducing me to everyone." I replied.
 
 
 
When class ended I was walking with Gayoon to the parking lot. 
 
"Well I guess I'll see you tomorrow!" Gayoon said.
 
"Yeah see you hopefully on time tomorrow." I joked.
 
"Ugh everybody keeps teasing me about that." She whined. She looked cute when she was annoyed. 
 
"Before you go can I get your number...you know just in case." I said. Geez where did that come from? 
 
Surprisingly she agreed and we switched phone numbers. We said goodbye and I watched her get in her car. She didn't know that I was her neighbor just yet.
 
I was going to wait 5mins after she left before I left, but then I thought about her mother and the Yakuza's planned car accident and I got nervous. I decided to keep two cars between us as I followed her home. 
 
Less than 24 hours ago I didn't even know Gayoon existed and now I'm driving home and she's the only thing on my mind. It may be ordered to protect her, but I was genuinely worried about her, not just because it's my job. 
 
When I got there Gayoon pulled into her garage and I remained unnoticed. I pulled up to my temporary home and it looked even bigger in person. I unlocked the door and just gawked. I've been in the Boss's mansion a million times, but I've never lived in a place this nice. 
 
I looked around a bit and found the room where the camera monitors were set up. I noticed Gayoon and Jiyoon in their living room. They were watching TV and talking. There was no sound so I had no clue what they were saying. 
 
I noticed that there was no cameras for the bathrooms or bedrooms. I may be stalking this girl's whole life, but shower cameras would push the creeper factor over the limit. 
I was relieved to see that there weren't any.
 
It was still early so the other guards haven't arrived yet. Guess I'd be watching these monitors for a couple of hours. Watching two girls watch TV wasn't that entertaining and the other monitors showed absolutely nothing but rooms. It was going to be a long next couple of hours.
 
 
 
 

geez I can't believe I posted another chapter so soon. I'm just addicted to writing this story right now haha. Damn Doojoon really invaded Gayoon's life lol.

 While writing this chapter I realized I didn't think out the the other characters very well. I'm sorry for the weird pairings between illhoonXsohyun and jilhyunXkikwang. I would've rather paired sohyun and dongwoon, but dongwoon is a part of the mob so he was out. I chose illhoon because people seem to pair them together a lot too. I wanted to keep Jiyoon and Hyuna single so that left Jilhyun. I paired her with Kikwang because I thought it was a better choice than Yoseob. The pairings are between secondary characters though, so there won't be much on them. 

I just wanted to say thanks for all the positive feedback. I've never written stories before, so I didn't know how this would turn out. Glad you guys like it so far!