Chapter 12

The Boss's Daughter

 

Doojoon's POV

 
The Boss and I cautiously walked through the entrance of the place. As soon as we set foot in the room, we were frisked. They took all the weapons on us, as to be expected. What they didn't know was I was wearing a small camera disguised as a button on my shirt. The guys were watching from a secret location and would invade if things started to get ugly.
 
My sight instantly fell on Gayoon. She was sitting on the other end of the place. She was  tied up, blindfolded, and gagged. I curled my hand into a fist, but the Boss put is hand on my arm, indicating to stay calm and quiet.
 
"Hello Mr. Hong, I do believe you called me here." The Boss said. 
 
"Yes, well I think it's time we finally settle this." The Yakuza leader, Mr. Hong, replied.
 
"I agree. However, I will be making no agreement if you continue to hold her in your custody. There is no need to restrain and gag her." The Boss said, referring to Gayoon. He was stern, but professional.
 
"I understand, but I'm afraid I cannot hand her over just yet. After all she is my bargaining tool. I'll make her more comfortable though. Hyuna, Jiyoon please release her from her restraints." He ordered.
 
"But-" Hyuna didn't look pleased.
 
"Do it." He ordered to her. She complied and soon Gayoon was free. However, Jiyoon and Hyuna pointed their guns towards her.
 
I watched as Gayoon's gaze shifted from me to her father. The way she was looking at him, I could tell she knew. Just another thing I felt guilty about. I wish she didn't have to hear the news from these people. 
 
"What is it going to take for you to end this?" The Boss questioned.
 
Mr. Hong just smiled wickedly. 
 
"We've been enemies for a long time. I don't appreciate you taking what's mine and killing my men. You come into my territory, raid my stores, steal my money, and take my rightful jewels." Mr. Hong said. Could he just get to the ing point. Both gangs have been crossing each other's territories for ages.
 
"Well I've had enough of it." He continued. "I've been looking into your personal life for quite some time and I must say, you're a very private man. It took a lot of digging and hacking to find your weak spot." 
 
Mr. Hong walked over to Gayoon and draped his arm over her shoulder. She looked disgusted.
 
"However, when I found your weakness, I knew I could ruin you. Killing your lover, that was just the catalyst. I needed to show you we meant business, but I needed to wait for the right time. Your numbers have been spread out lately as you wage a gang war with the Triads, so it was the perfect time. I must say I'm quite pleased with how things turned out."
 
"I'm sure you are." The Boss replied. "You've given me your motive, but I believe I didn't ask for a one. We wouldn't be maliciously killing your men if you hadn't gone after my family. Now, what exactly do you want?" The Boss repeated. If looks could kill, Mr. Hong would be dead by now.
 
"Someone seems on edge. You have two options. You can surrender to the Yakuza, disbanding all your men and relinquishing all of your money, property and jewels. The Mafia will be no more and you flee the country...or I can shoot you right here right now and your daughter can watch you die a slow death." Mr. Hong replied.
 
Was this guy crazy? The Boss just couldn't walk away that easily. Besides I think this man would be trying to shoot us either way. The Boss looked at me and gave me a knowing look. I gave him a small nod to indicate I knew what he wanted me to do. We thought this would happen.
 
"I'm afraid I can't just surrender to you just like that. That is a radical decision that I can not make at this time. I think you knew that as well as I did, and planned to carry out option number 2 no matter which I chose." The Boss replied. 
 
Mr. Hong just smiled, unfazed by my Boss's response. "Very well then." He replied. "Boys, finish the job." He said to his men. And like that all hell broke loose.
 
The Boss and I dived behind a stack of big metal crates. They served as a good shield between us and the oncoming bullets. "The boys won't get here right away, so were on our own for a few minutes." he said. 
 
The Boss and I peered around the crates to see what was going on. One man was heading our way. The Boss hit him in the stomach and then gave the man several blows to the head. The man dropped to the ground and he confiscated his gun. He shot oncoming men from behind the crate until we finally heard our men arrive.
 
"You get Gayoon. I'll cover you." The Boss said. 
 
I then weaved my way through boxes, crates and other debris to get to Gayoon.
The Boss did a good job of preoccupying the Yakuza. No bullets came my way.
 
However, I knew I'd have to deal with the two girls guarding Gayoon. Jiyoon threw Gayoon to the side and lifted her gun towards me. She pulled the trigger and I ducked and slid to the ground towards her. 
 
I was able to throw off her balance as I hit her legs out from under her. I quickly got back up and saw Hyuna running towards me. She went to land a punch, but I grabbed her fist. She wrenched herself out of my hold and swiftly kicked me in the jaw. , that would bruise. 
 
She whipped out her gun. I grabbed her arm and bent it backwards, towards her. We were struggling with one another and the gun. She was trying to point the nose at me, while I was trying to point it at her. I was stronger, but she was giving a lot of resistance. Eventually her stamina gave out though and I was able to point the gun towards her, wrap my finger around the trigger and shoot her arm with her own gun.
 
"Aghh!" She yelled. Her arm was bleeding excessively. She stumbled back and looked at her arm with shock. She dropped the gun and I quickly retrieved it. 
 
I turned around ready to shoot Jiyoon, but I stopped short when I saw her. She had recovered from her fall and was now holding Gayoon in a choke hold and had the gun pointed towards her. 
 
"Do it and we both die." She threatened. 
 
I tried to find a clear shot, but she was fully covered by Gayoon.
 
"Drop the weapon lover bo-" 
 
BANG! 
 
Jiyoon fell to the ground. She was shot in the head. I looked to my right to see Hyunseung. He gave me a thumbs up before shooting a couple more of the Yakuza's men. Good thing the guys were here.
 
I grabbed Gayoon, who was just looking at Jiyoon's broken body, and pulled her towards a couple crates.
 
I crouched down and peered my head out. I shot a man in the back and another in the head. I then hid back behind the crate when I saw shot's coming my way. 
 
"Gayoon we have to move." I said. She didn't reply, she looked like a statue. I grabbed her shoulders and shook her a little bit.
 
"Gayoon we need to move. Now. Just trust me okay, I'm not going to let you get hurt." I said.
 
She simply nodded. We ran from one crate to the next. I was shielding Gayoon's body with mine. We eventually reached the same crate as the Boss, Dongwoon, Junhyung and Hyunseung.
 
"Boss what do we do?" I asked.
 
"We need to get her out of here. More and more Yakuza keep coming, and our numbers are dwindling." He replied. 
 
"We need to get rid of the five men guarding the exit." Dongwoon said. "I can't shoot them from this position." He continued.
 
"We need to get closer. We'll have to move our position." I replied. Everyone nodded except Gayoon.
 

Gayoon's POV

 
 "I'm not walking back out there!" I exclaimed. There were like 30 bullets flying through the air right now! I was going to get killed! 
 
Doojoon came over to me and pulled me into a hug. "It's the only way to get out of this mess. Nothing will happen to you. I won't allow it." He whispered. He touched the cheek Hyuna slapped repeatedly. It was probably bruised by now. When I looked into his eyes he looked hurt. 
 
I didn't want to go back out there, but I knew I had too. I just didn't want to end up like Jiyoon. I heard the bullet hit her skull and felt her blood hit the back of my head. I'll never be able to forget that sight and sound. She may have been lying to me throughout our whole friendship, but I couldn't help but feel sorry. 
 
"Okay." I sighed. "Let's get this over with." 
 
We moved from spot to spot. My father's men were holding off most of the Yakuza, but some bullets still came our way. I was clutching onto Doojoon's arm as if it would provide some sort of safety.
 
I could feel my father's presence behind me as we walked. I didn't get to speak to him yet, and now wasn't the time. Once we were safe I'd have to pull him aside and talk to him. I had so many questions.
 
Each of the guys shot down one of the guards till the exit was right in front of us. I was hiding behind a box while the guys tried to break the lock off the door. I looked around the room and all I saw was red. There were bodies everywhere and people were shooting, kicking, and punching one another.
 
When I looked across the room I saw Hyuna on the ground. She was covered in a pool of her own blood, but she was still breathing. She was holding a gun shakily in her left hand. Our eyes met and she smirked. I followed the direction of her gun and my eyes widened. NO! 
 
BANG!
 
"DOOJOON LOOK OUT!!!!!" I screamed.
 
"AGHH!"
...
...
...
...
 
"Oh my god."
...
...
...
...
 

oh damnnn what just happened? I'm such a bad person with all of these cliffhangers.