Chapter 14

The Boss's Daughter

 

Gayoon's POV

 
"Doojoon where are you taking me?" 
 
"Stop asking. I want it to be a surprise." Doojoon replied.
 
Doojoon was dragging me through the streets of Paris to our mystery location. Not long after my father's funeral Doojoon and I decided to pack up our things and leave Korea. I dropped out of Seoul University and decided to take a year off from school while we decide what our next move would be. With the amount of money I inherited, I wouldn't have to work a day in my life anyway.
 
We traveled a bit, bouncing from country to country. We saw the Colosseum in Rome, Stonehenge in England, and the ruins of ancient Greece. We took in the sights, culture, and atmosphere of each place we went.
 
Doojoon and I were officially dating and going on this long adventure with him was pretty romantic. It felt good to leave my old, hectic life behind for this new life with Doojoon by my side. He was so caring and loving. I feel like once we got away from all the pain and turmoil, we were able to give ourselves to each other wholeheartedly. 
 
I was glad to leave Korea, but I still tried to keep in touch with my friends. They were bummed that Doojoon and I were leaving, but we just couldn't stay. We made up a backpacking-around-the-world story, which wasn't entirely false. 
 
After three months of country-hopping, we finally decided to live in Paris. Doojoon's sister, Doori, lived there, so at least we would know someone in this big city. She was really sweet and was helping me with the native language. We bought a large apartment close to hers. 
 
"You see that bridge up ahead?" Doojoon asked, pointing to a small bridge over one of Paris' rivers. 
 
"Yea, why are you taking me to a bridge?" I questioned. 
 
"You'll see when we get closer." He said. He was grinning.
 
As we got closer, I saw that the bridge contained lots and lots of different padlocks. 
 
"This is the Pont de l'Archeveche. Also known as the lovers bridge. Couples attach a lock to the bridge and throw the key in the river. Symbolizing that their love will be 'locked' forever." Doojoon stated. He then pulled out a lock from his pocket. "I wanted to come here and leave our mark on this bridge too. Each day I fall more and more in love with you and I want to spend the rest of my life with you. I know it's too early for marriage, but I wanted to show to you that I'm committed to our relationship."
 
I just beamed at him. Doojoon always managed to make me feel like a princess. "You're so cheesy, but I love that about you." I replied and gave him a peck on the lips. 
 
We wrote our names on the lock and attached it to the bridge. We then both held the key and kissed it before throwing it in the river.
 
"I love you Heo Gayoon" 
 
"and I love you Yoon Doojoon."
 
We then shared a long kiss. On that bridge we were just another ordinary couple in love.
 

Doojoon's POV - 10 Years Later

 
"Daddddy, mommmy can I please open my gifts?! Pretty pretty pleaseeee." 
 
Gayoon and I both laughed at our daughter, Dayoung. 
 
"Well since you've been a good girl how about you open one. You have to wait for your aunts and uncles before you open the rest though." I replied. I couldn't deny my little angel.
 
"Yayy!!!" She exclaimed. She was bouncing around.
 
Ten years ago I never would've thought I'd settle down and have a family. It was even harder to believe that I was once in the Mafia. The Mafia would always be a huge part of my past, after all I grew up around it, but it was so different from my life now. 
 
Gayoon and I married a couple years after moving to Paris. She was just as beautiful now as the day I met her. Meeting Gayoon was the best thing that could have ever happened to me. My life used to be all about crime and violence, but she showed me that there was more to life than that. 
 
It's still painful to think of the circumstances in which I met Gayoon, but time has helped us both heal. Seeing Gayoon's smile each morning is what I live for. I feel that I've finally lived up to the promise I made to her father before he died. 
 
Four years ago we had Dayoung. She looks so much like her mother. She definitely keeps our life interesting to say the least.
 
"I want to open this one!" Dayoung cried, holding up a present. 
 
It was Christmas morning, and like any toddler, Dayoung was crazy excited. My sister was coming over with her husband and sons to celebrate. She should be here soon.
 
"Okay, let Daddy get the camera, so he can take a picture of you opening the present." I replied. I grabbed my camera and sat next to Dayoung and Gayoon on the floor.
 
"Okay sweetie open your present!" Gayoon said. 
 
Dayoung ripped through the wrapping paper to reveal a small silver locket. Inside the locket was a picture of Dayoung, Gayoon and I.
 
"It's so shiny and pretty!" She said.
 
"I'm glad you like it. Let mommy put it around your neck." Gayoon replied. She clasped the necklace on and then started tickling Dayoung. She was giggling uncontrollably. 
 
Just then the doorbell rang.
 
"Aunt Doori!"
 
"Haha come on kiddo let's go answer the door." Me and Gayoon greeted Doori and her husband, while Dayoung and my two nephews ran off to go play. 
 
About an hour later we had some more guests arrive. I answered the door to reveal Junhyung, Dongwoon and Hyunseung with their partners.
 
"Merry Christmas man, did you get me something nice?" Dongwoon teased. 
 
"Yeah I got you a pretty pink dress to match your purse." I teased back. Me and the guys hadn't changed a bit.
 
About a year after I moved to Paris I got a call from the guys saying they finally took down the Yakuza and had killed Mr. Hong. Although I had left the Mafia, I felt like I had unfinished business with the Yakuza. It was my only regret when I left Korea, not avenging my Boss's death, as well as Gayoon's mother's. I was happy to hear the news.
 
The guys then told me that since the Yakuza were terminated, they were leaving the Mafia as well. They moved to Paris shortly after. The guys and I had grown up together and we didn't really like to be separated. It was nice having them in Paris with Gayoon and I. 
 
Junhyung had met a girl named Hara, and she decided to move with him to Paris. They were now married and had a five year old daughter, whom was best friends with Dayoung. Hyunseung met a girl named Nana in Paris. They've been dating for six years and Gayoon was convinced he'd propose by Valentine's day. Dongwoon spent years wooing french women, and only recently settled down with Nana's friend Hayoung. 
 
"We've only been here for five minutes and the girls are already avoiding us." Hyunseung said.
The girls had all sat down in the living room and were engrossed in conversation.
 
"Eh let them talk. They're probably discussing different shades of lipstick or something." Junhyung replied. We all laughed.
 
The guys then all fell silent as we watched our partners from afar. We were all thinking the same thing: "How did I get this lucky?" 
 
How did we get so lucky? Ten years ago we were four gangsters wielding guns and dodging cops. Now we all had a beautiful woman to come home too and spend time with, without worrying about being watched, followed or in constant danger.
 
It was a good feeling. I love Gayoon wholeheartedly and was so thankful to have her in my life. When I see her it still takes my breath away.
 
Throughout the years Gayoon has mentioned how I saved her, physically and emotionally, but she has no idea how much she's saved me. When Gayoon and I finally left Korea, I was able to be Yoon Doojoon again, someone who I hadn't seen in years. After my father died I took over and I became a cold, calculating robot designed to kill. 
 
Gayoon made me feel human again. Without her I have no clue who I would be. She showed me how to love. 
 
I watched as Gayoon was chatting with the girls and as if she could sense me staring, she looked my way. She smiled and my heart raced. The affect the girl still had on me. She still managed to make me feel like a teenager with his first love.
 
However I never had a 'first love', because Gayoon was the only woman I ever loved. She was my first, last and only, and I wouldn't have had it any other way.
 

Gayoon's POV

 
"Yay you made it!" I exclaimed as I threw my arms around the group at the door. My friends from college were here in Paris for Christmas. A couple years ago we decided to make it a tradition to see one another every Christmas. However, due to nasty weather, I wasn't sure if they'd make it this year.
 
"Oh my god Jilhyun you're huge!" I said. Jilhyun was pregnant with Kikwang and her second child. She looked almost ready to pop.
 
"I know, I can barely fit into any of my clothes. I can't wait to finally have this little one." She replied. 
 
"I can't wait to. I want to finally meet Kikwang jr." Kikwang said as he touched Jilhyun's stomach. Their first baby was a girl. 
 
"Gayoon your house looks so pretty! Did you do some redesigning?" Sohyun questioned. Leave it to Sohyun to ask about the decor. After all she was an interior designer. 
 
"Yea we redid the first floor. Who cares about my floor though, how was the honeymoon?!" I exclaimed.
 
Sohyun and Illhoon broke up when Illhoon went off to medical school in the states. However, when he returned both realized they were still in love with one another and got back together. They got married a year ago, but due to their busy schedules they just took their honeymoon now.
 
"Great! Hawaii is gorgeous! I'll have to show you pictures later!" Sohyun replied.
 
"What you don't say hi to me? I see how it is Gayoon." Yoseob said. 
 
"Geez wait your turn. I was just getting to you. No need to be impatient." I teased. I then gave him a hug before giving his wife IU one too. Yoseob and IU hadn't dated long before getting married. Yoseob had actually been single for years and I was worried that he'd never find love. When he met IU he said he's finally found the one and I was happy for him. When you know, you know.
 
All of my family had officially arrived.
 
When I married Doojoon I had gained Doori as my sister. She felt like a real sister to me and I looked up to her a lot. She was older and more experienced, so I was always calling her for advice.
 
Then I have the guys. Junhyung, Hyunseung and Dongwoon were definitely some comic relief. They haven't changed since the day I met them. They always managed to make me laugh, and their partners are really sweet too. They also know about the guys mobster past, so it's nice to talk to someone else about it. 
 
The betrayal by my two best friends was heartbreaking, but I later realized that my two real best friends were always there. I've kept in close contact with Jilhyun and Sohyun. Then there was Yoseob, Kikwang and Illhoon who still tease me constantly. 
 
Was my life perfect? No. I still thought about my mother and how I wished she was here to meet her granddaughter and son-in-law. I still wish I could've had a relationship with my father and I still got nightmares about that night I was kidnapped. 
 
Was I happy? Yes. I had an amazing home, loving friends, a beautiful daughter, and a wonderful husband. Time has helped me heal and everyone in my life has helped ease the pain. 
 
Especially Doojoon and Dayoung. They were my everything. 
Dayoung was my little angel who could always put a smile on my face. She was the most cheerful, energetic little girl I've ever met. Doojoon and I would always protect her from the pain we had both faced growing up, and with one another. I never wanted my daughter to go through what I've been through.
 
From the day I met Doojoon he made me feel protected and safe and he still has that affect on me. Whenever I was in his arms I felt at peace. 
 
I used to say I was caught up in some sort of twisted fairytale, but I was wrong. My fairytale wasn't twisted at all. My prince had come for me when I needed him the most. He had saved me from the bad guys and took me to a place where I could be happy. In a sense we did ride off into the sunset and live happily ever after.
 
-------------
 
The party had ended and all of our friends and family had left. Dayoung had fallen asleep on the couch, so Doojoon was carrying her upstairs to her room. We both were tucking her in when she suddenly woke up.
 
"Oh, I'm sorry baby. Mommy and Daddy didn't mean to wake you." I said.
 
"It's okay." She replied groggily. "I didn't get to say goodnight anyway." She continued.
 
Dayoung sat up and gave Doojoon and I each a hug and a kiss on the cheek.
 
"I love you mommy. I love you daddy."
 
Doojoon gave her a kiss on the forehead. "Good night sweetie. We love you too."
 
We then carefully walked out of her room and down the hall to our room. Doojoon was taking off his watch when I spun him around and hugged him.
 
He chuckled. "What's this for?" He questioned. He wrapped his arms around me and put is chin on the top of my head.
 
"Nothing. Everything. Just for always being there I guess." 
 
He tipped my chin up so he could look at me and he smirked. "Aww my wife is blushing. How cute."
 
I was embarrassed by his statement, which only made me blush more. He laughed.
 
"Don't be embarrassed, you know I love when you show your softer side." He replied
 
I smiled. "You know you make feel like the luckiest girl in the world. Like a princess."
 
Doojoon smiled back. We stayed in one another's arms for a while, caught up in each other's feelings of happiness, bliss and love. We both stared at one another and without words knew what the other was thinking. Finally Doojoon spoke. 
 
"I love you, my princess. Always and forever."
 
I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him into a kiss. I tried to convey everything I was feeling through that one kiss. When we parted, I looked at him and replied.
 
"And I'll always love you, my prince."
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

The End! Woo I finally finished! This was the first complete story I've written.

This final chapter was insanely sappy and fluffy and sugary and just insert overly romantic word here. I figured the last chapter should be really sweet, since the story was more intense then I planned. I do cringe as I proofread though. I like to think of myself as my biggest critic and I particularly judge my writing during romantic scenes. That's why it took so long to upload this! haha. Of course I had to add Dayoung! She's practically the long lost child of Dooyoon lol. Dongwoon, Hyunseung and Junhyung's partners were completely random lol (well maybe not Hara). I just didn't want the guys alone. I know some of you wanted some Gaseob in the story, so I put a very, very small hint of it. I think in chapter 4? I had Yoseob tell Doojoon to take care of Gayoon and then Doojoon overhears Yoseob say something about losing a comletition. Yea well he meant the competition for Gayoon's heart and he was telling Doojoon to take of her because he knew she was into Doojoon. The Paris padlock scene came out of nowhere, but I thought it was different and romantic. I chose Paris because it's the city of romance!

thanks so much for reading and subscribing to this story!