Chapter 1

The Boss's Daughter

 Doojoon's POV

 
"Thank you for meeting with us Mr. Yoon. I'd like to make this quick."
 
"Of course. Junhyung, bring the package." 
 
I motioned for one of my men, to bring the package to Mr. Park. He rolled the shipment in. The package was quite large.
 
"I assure you that everything is there." I said to Mr. Park.
 
"While you appear to be a trustworthy man, I always take precaution when dealing with these arrangements. I will just take a look." 
 
Mr. Park opened one section. He appeared please. 
 
"Jong bring the money." Mr. Park ordered.
 
The man named Jong handed a briefcase full of cash to my other partner, Dongwoon. 
 
"Well we will be off. Pleasure doing business with you and your associates. Please pass the good word onto your boss." Mr. Park said.
 
"Yes, well...I think we may have a problem." I replied.
 
"Excuse me?" Mr. Park said confused.
 
Before Mr. Park could further question I pulled out my semi-automatic and blew the bastard's brains out. The shot echoed through the abandoned warehouse. 
 
I didn't need to tell my men what to do. As soon as I whipped my gun out Junhyung and Dongwoon both shot two of Park's associates. 
 
"Grab the money and go!" I shouted. I ran towards the exit. One of Park's remaining men ran towards me, gun in hand. I kicked my leg up and knocked the gun out of his hand.
 
He seemed shocked. I then proceeded to shoot him in the chest. 
 
"Doojoon!" I heard Dongwoon shout.
 
I looked up and maneuvered out of the way of the oncoming bullet. However, I wasn't quick enough and the bullet grazed my left arm.
 
"!" I hissed. Before I could blow the motherer's head off Dongwoon had already taken care of it.
When I got outside, Hyunseung was already waiting for us in the car. Dongwoon, Junhyung and I slid into the car and Hyunseung slammed on the accelerator. We sped off back to our headquarters.
 
"Were there any left?" I asked Hyunseung.
 
"I slit there throats while you were in the warehouse." He responded.
 
"Well that's definitely a different technique coming from you." Junhyung said. 
 
"It's quieter. I didn't want to alert all of you in the warehouse and up the operation." He said.
 
"Good....Open the briefcase." I ordered.
 
Dongwoon opened it. There was piles of cash. I sighed in relief. Everything went as planned, well except for the part where I got shot.
 
I ripped part of my shirt and wrapped it around my arm. The bullet just grazed my arm. It would be fine, I just needed to stop the bleeding.
 
I shoved Junhyung. 
 
"What the hell?" He asked.
 
"That's for not covering my ." I replied.
 
"Sorry man. I was kind of busy. I didn't realize one of those motherers was out of my  sight. You okay?" He asked.
 
"Fine. It's just a small wound. Good thing Dongwoon warned me." I said
 
I watched for cop cars, or suspicious vehicles. We were still in Triad territory.
 
Our mission tonight was to execute Mr. Park, an enemy of my boss. We set up a fake trade-off in exchange for a million dollars. The coke delivered was fake, but it was the best knock-off money could buy. When Park looked over the shipment, he believed it was the real deal.
 
I work for the Mafia in Korea. My father was an associate of my boss. When he died of a heart attack, the boss took me in. He raised me like his own son and trained me how to fight. I was now his most trusted associate and right-hand man.
 
We returned to our Boss's estate, where he was waiting for us.
 
"I trust that you finished the job" he said.
 
The boss was stern when it came to business. We were all used to it.
 
"They're all dead, including Park." I replied.
 
"Good...Doojoon what the hell happened to your arm?" He asked. There was a hint of concern in his voice.
 
"I was shot on the job. It's fine. I'll get one of the nurses to clean the wound and wrap it up." I said nonchalantly. I've dealt with worse wounds. 
 
"Good. Get that arm cleaned up. When your done I would like to speak to you in private.  Dongwoon, Hyunseunf, Junhyung, you're free to go. Deposit the money in the safe down below. We will discuss the Triads tomorrow." The Boss said.
 
Everyone nodded and proceeded to their tasks.
 
After I got the wound wrapped up I walked over the the west wing of the mansion and knocked on my Boss's door. It was where his office was located.
 
One of his servants let me in. He was standing looking out the window at the stars. He had  a of glass of scotch in hand. 
 
"Min please give us some privacy." He said to the servant.
 
"Of course Master." She said before closing the big mahogany doors to his office.
 
"Take a seat Doojoon." 
 
I sat down and he did the same.
 
"What is it sir?" I asked. 
 
"What I'm about to tell you is top secret. Only a handful know about this. You cannot tell this to anybody, not even your friends." He said seriously. 
 
He was looking at me sternly. However, I could see worry in his eyes. Why was he worried? Was he afraid to tell me?
 
"You know you can trust me to keep this between us. What is it that you want to tell me?"
 
"What I want to tell you is not just a secret..it is a mission, if you'd like to call it that."
 
"What kind? Drugs? Money? Power? Assassination?" I questioned. 
"This mission is far greater than any of that." the boss replied.
 
This must be a pretty big task for the boss to be this cryptic. It must be dangerous too. If it was this big though, why would he want me to go in alone? I was curious and confused. 
 
I waited for him to further explain. 
 
"I guess I should get straight to the point." He pulled out his wallet and put a folded piece of paper on the table. He motioned for me to open it.
 
I picked it up and opened it. It was a photo. A photo of a baby girl. She had dark brown hair and big dark eyes.
 
Before I could even vocalize my complete confusion the Boss further explained.
 
"That is a photo of my daughter. I carry it with me everywhere I go." He said.
 
"D-Da-Daughter!?...but you've never mentioned a daughter. Hell you never even mentioned having a wife. Do you even have a wife?" I asked.
 
"There was once a woman that I loved very very much. She was and always has been the love of my life." He replied.
 
 The Boss was smiling as he spoke. Smiling! He never ing smiles. At least not like  this. Not even when I brought him a ing diamond as big as my hand.
 
"What happened to her?" I asked
 
The Boss sighed. "She couldn't handle the business. She knew I was a Mob man, but she tried to looked past it. However, it became too much for her. She was constantly worrying if I would come home at night in a body bag. Furthermore, she didn't like living with 4 guards trailing her everywhere she went....so she left."
 
"And you let her?" I questioned. This was the most I've ever heard the Boss speak of his past. Although I practically grew up with the man, he never talked about his past or having a family.
 
"It was hard, but I knew I was..tainting her. She was never meant for this lifestyle. When you find that one love you'll do anything for them..even if it means letting them go." He said saddened. "I found out later that she was pregnant with my child. I begged her to let me watch over her and allow us to be a family. However, she didn't want her child raised around the mafia. I was saddened, but I let her, as long as I could watch over them. I've provided for the both of them ever since. They have been living off my dime this entire time." 
 
"Wow. That's a lot to take in. I never thought you were a family man." I replied.
I rested my elbows on my knees and rubbed my eyes. "What does this have to do with me?" I asked.
 
"Your job is to protect my daughter. Her name is Heo Gayoon."
 
"Wait huh?" I was confused again. 
 
"Six months ago her mother was murdered. It was designed to look like a car accident. However, the Yakuza intentionally went after her." He said.
 
"How do you know it was the Yakuza?"
 
The Boss grabbed the remote on his desk and the large flat screen adjacent to his desk. The video showed a white range rover getting totaled by a large black SUV. The car spun out of control and crashed into the side of a building. The SUV then drove off.
 
"This was delivered to me by the Yakuza. That is clip of them murdering her mother."
 
The video then changed to a different scene. It showed a beautiful brunette walking from school to her car. 
 
"That is my daughter, Gayoon. Those bastards shouldn't even know she exists!" He shouted. "I've spent the last 20 years making sure my enemies never found out who she was! I've covered all my tracks when it came to my family. I don't know how the they found her!"
 
he was mad now. He threw his scotch glass at the wall.
 
"Whoa boss take it easy." I said. I ran over to his side of the desk and tried restraining him from breaking anything else.
 
"I just...how....I'll ing..." He mumbled incoherently. 
 
Pain was written on his face. Clearly he was distraught over the situation. The Yakuza were coming after the only thing that truly mattered to him.
 
After he calmed down he continued. "After seeing this video, I don't want Gayoon alone.  Her mother was the only family she had, and now she is gone. I need someone to protect her. That is where you come in."
 
"You're trusting me with your daughter?" 
 
"You are my most trusted associate. I see you as one of my own and I wouldn't trust anyone else with the task." 
 
"I promise to guard her with my life sir." I said seriously. 
 
"I expect nothing less. Now, I want you to have an eye on her at all times...which means I had to enroll you in Seoul University."
 
"University? I don't do college papers and lectures." I replied.
 
"I don't expect you to try. Get straight D's for all I ing care. The point is that Gayoon attends school there and I want you to have an eye on her where ever she goes. I looked up her classes and enrolled you in all the same ones." 
 
He passed me the sheet of my "classes". 
 
I took a quick glance at the schedule. With everything else going on, I couldn't even process the words written on the paper. I just gave a nod to the Boss regarding my classes.
 
"I've never had to protect anyone before. I have no idea how to go about it" 
 
"Well, Gayoon's mother never told her who or what I was. She doesn't know her mother was murdered or that her bills are paid by me. Under no circumstances can she find out that you're a part of the mafia or that I'm her father. It's just safer for everyone if she doesn't know."
 
So he wants me to watch his daughter I just found out about 15 minutes ago and I have to attend school and pass as a student while trying to protect her without her knowledge. Well this should be interesting. 
 
"You will start your new mission tomorrow. Report here tomorrow at 6. I will run through some details with you tomorrow. Tell no one of what we just discussed. You are dismissed."
 
he drops this bomb on me and then just tells me to leave. I still had so many questions, but the boss spoke as if he was done with the topic. I knew better than to further question him.
 
I walked put of his office and made my way to the parking garage. The guys took our car home so I had one of the Boss's driver's take me home. 
 
I got home and laid on my bed. Tomorrow my life would be completely different. Just think of it as an extended undercover assignmentI thought to myself.
 
Well, no point in dwelling on it. I should try to get some sleep. I need to have a sharp mind for tomorrow. The Boss is really counting on me.
 
I then drifted off to sleep. 
 

wow I updated this way earlier than I expected. The first chapter sort of sets up the rest of the story. I used this chapter to explain the basic plot of the fic. The rest of the story should be told in Doojoon and Gayoon's POVs. There will be the occasional violence and crude language through out, but this will mainly be used during Mob scenes, which will not be as long or as much as the first chapter.