Chapter 2: MEET THE BAND

ALWAYS BE MINE

Hongki was getting ready for their next performance. Even though they are an indie band, they gathered quite a big number of audience in that fits their small bar owned by Jonghun, their band leader.

The bar was the only thing left to Jonghun after his parents died. His family named it as 'Resto Bar.' It is a restaurant in the morning and a bar at night. The restaurant closes at 5pm which is manage by older people whom still works to Minamoto's family since it was opened and the bar opens at 6pm. The band performs at 8pm till 9pm. It closes at around 10pm. The bar closes early because it was still owned by Jonghun and manage by the rest of the members whom are all students, except Hongki, who needs to be early for school. Seunghyun, the band's guitarist also work at the bar as a bartender and Hongki and Jonghun work as a waiter while Jaejin is the dishwasher. Minhwan always went home early.

Now, the five of them pursue their dreams and continue their love on music. They even had a fanclub who named themselves 'Primadonna' even though they haven't appear in any television programs. It was formed by college students who commonly enter their club after class. Even though the members of the band are only less than 20, they're happy enough that there are still people who listen to their music.

"Big bro, we're going to start in a minute," said by the youngest member, Minhwan. He is the drummer of the group. He is still in high school while Hongki just finish his and did not bother to take an exam for college because of financial instability.

"Ok Minari, thanks," hongki stand up, fixed his clothes and meet Minhwan. The other members are already at the back stage.

"Ready?" asked the leader.

"READY, LETS ROCK!"

They stood infront of a small crowd but the members are glad enough to perform for them. They started from their rock to pop songs and ending in acoustic.

"Thank you, thank you everyone, till we meet again guys, have a good eve to all, bye" said Hongki. He is the vocalist of the band.

Their band's name is BOB. It was Seunghyun's random idea. It was supposedly Boys Over Band at first but Jaejin, the band's bass player did not approve it because he find it corny. But the rest of the members can't think of any other names, so they just change it to B.O.B and promise not to mention its meaning. If anyone would asks what B.O.B stands for, the member will just point at Seunghyun and all the members of the fanclub will now bother Seunghyun that leaves the band members to pity him but was also relieved because no one will bother them. 

Every Saturday morning, the members are gathering inside Jonghun's house which only connected to the bar. This is the place where they will compose their music and write lyrics. Seunghyun and Jaejin are living with Jonghun while Minhwan is with his family and Hongki has his own appartment living with his little sister who is a freshman in a public high school. Seunghyun no longer has parents just like Jonghun while Jaejin's parents are living in Korea. Jaejin and Hongki are full Korean and Minhwan and Jonghun are full Japanese and while Seunghyun is a mixed of many races who is a Korean, Filipino and Chinese that's why he is somewhat crazy. Both Hongki and Seunghyun grew up in Japan when they are 6 years old while Jaejin is a transfer student from Korea when he was entering high school.

"Arggh, I can't find the tone," said Jonghun in an irritated voice. He was sitting infront of his computer, beside him is his guitar.

"Take it easy, we're not in hurry," said Jaejin who is busy with his school projects.

"Wwhat are you doing by the way?" asked jonghun.

"I'm finishing my project, I need to finish it till tommorrow so I'm sorry I can't help you today for our new song," said jaejin who didn't even bothered to look at Jonghun.

"It's okay, i'm also a bit tired now." Jonghun looked at his big sofa which was already occupied by Hongki, "Hongki's already asleep, I'll go to my room now,"

"Okay. Don't forget to close your computer," said Jaijin reminding Jonghun.

"Yes father," said Jonghun sarcastically.

 

After 2 hours, Jaejin heard something outside. Like shoutings and commotion. The door flew open and was shut with a bang which cause Hongki to be awake and Jonghun who hurriedly went downstair.

"What, what?" asked Hongki who is still half awake.

"What's happening are we being robbed but it's still morning right?" asked Jonghun who is the wide awake one. He is still in his kamiseta and boxing short.

"Nothing to worry," said Jaejin who is the most calm of all, "what is it now Hyunie and Minari?"

"You see while we are walking, a bus stop in front the two of us, a group of students who had their tour went outside the bus. All the girls went wild and chase us. They know our name. They even keep on saying "you're so handsome or i love your music so much, and keep on calling us bob," said Minhwan.

"But I kept on shouting them it's B.O.B not Bob!" exclaimed Seunghyun.

"That is why he is panting, he can't stop his mouth while running." 

"Eh? Is that real? We're that famous now?" asked Jaejin who can't believe what he's hearing now.

"I think it's the public school, 1 km away from our club, that's where my sister attends, anyway what time is it now Jaejin?" asked Hongki who seems didn't amuse of Minhwan and Seunghyun's story.

"It's 10 minutes before 1pm."

"Oh shoot, i'll be late for my work, why you didn't wake me?" asked Hongki while preparing to go.

"I fgot" said Jaejin who's back to his project again.

"See yah."

"Wait big bro, we'll also come with you," said Minhwan to Hongki.

"But haven't you two just arrived? Aw never mind, then let's go."

"Close the door," said Jonghun who lazily went back to his room.

"Close the door,' repeat by Jaejin.

 

"Well, i'm going this way. Go straight back home you two."

"Ai ai master! Our restaurant is only infront of our house, remember?" asked Minhwan innocently.

"Yeah, yeah. Bye."

"Bye, goodluck with your work big bro," said Seunghyun with his goofy face.

The two youngest in the band went straight to Minhwan's family business. They have a small eatery which they named 'Chicken House' because all they serve are different chicken menu. Seunghyun also worked there at 4:15pm till 6:45pm weekdays so that he still has 15 minutes to get ready for their band's performance and whole day during weekends.

Minhwan also helped his parents. He and Seunghyun are the one's who served food. Even though chicken house is not so big which can only accommodate 25 or less 30 people, still people keep on entering. Minhwan and Seunghyun changed into a white tee shirt. They start their work.

Meanwhile . . .

Hongki just arrived to his work. He is a cashier of a small CD and DVD shop. His co-worker Miss Reiko who is the manager and owner of the shop sit at a corner looking tired.

"Good afternoon Miss Reiko, sorry for not working this Morning. Something was up. Are you alright?" genuinely asked Hongki.

"A bit tired but I'm fine. Many high school students entered this shop and bought your CDs. I was so amaze. Has your band appeared on tv? You've become quite popular these days ah," asked the late 30 but young looking woman.

"No, we haven't appeared on any tv or radio programs. Anyways, Miss Reiko, you can go home now, I can manage this shop till 7:30." hongki proudly said with a big smile.

"Are you sure?"

"I'm pretty sure Ma'am, just leave it to me" said Hongki while posing, his left hand at his waist while his right hand at his chest, stomach in, chin up.

"Okay," Miss reiko stand up, get his bag and said her goodbye to Hongki.

 

Hongki happily stand at the counter while humming their songs. It was already 5pm but even a single costumer did not appear at their shop.

Hmm, I wonder why there's no costumer? Miss Reiko said plenty of the students bought this morning, and it's even our very own CD. Why is that so? Come to think of it, Minhwan and Seunghyun were also chased by high school students.

Hongki was in his deep thought that he didn't notice a girl standing at their glass door for almost 5 minutes. Hongki glanced at the door but the girl already turned around and walked off.

"Eh? I thought there will be a customer at last. Better prepare now, it's almost 7:15 pm."

Outside, beside the shop, the girl was still standing muttering "stupid title of a shop, music can't change one's feelings." Mina turned around and crossed the street while Hongki prepares for their band's performance. He left the shop, taking last glance.

The shop's name: Music Can Change You; Feel It, Hear It, Buy it at One Stop Music Shop.


At first Hongki finds it weird, who would name a shop that long but he badly need the work and Miss Reiko is so kind to accept him.  He hurriedly run to the bar which is just near the shop. He got a glimpse of a girl passing him. Hmm, she's familiar. Arrgg, I'm gonna late.