Chapter 1: AN UGLY ENCOUNTER

ALWAYS BE MINE

 

Another day. 

For Mina, it is another unmeaningful day that will end into nothing but lies and boredom. She believes nothing in this world is permanent. She is now entering the so called college life. This is her first day of being a nursing student. She didn't really wanna pursue this course but her mom forced her to take it. She lives alone in a 3 storey appartment away from her family. It is just a few blocks away from Tokyo University. It is a prestigious state university where only students with a very high average from their admission exam can be accepted and she is proud but somewhat annoyed to be one of them. As a matter of fact, even without taking the entrance exam, she can easily enter the university because her family is one of those big names that gives donations to the school but she doesn't want that. She wanted to be qualified like the others. What she really like is to paint. She's been planning not to enter college and just continue painting and going to sell it to earn money.

"I better prepare now."

Mina got up from her bed and went straight to her bathroom to have a shower. She changed into her white uniform. She faced the mirror and combed her hair. She wanted to be just simple but you can still see her being elegant from the way she walk and poise. She accepted to take BSN what her mom wanted but she also told her mom that she wanted to live alone and be independent. At first her mom didn't let her, they didn't even talked for 1 week.

Mina entered her classroom. She didn't recognize anyone. "So i'm alone again," said Mina in a very low voice but there is no trace of sadness from that tone of her. She smiled and somewhat proud. A professor went inside their room, " class, for today, you will only have an orientation that will happen within 45 minutes. Please prepare and after that go to the social hall for the orientation."

Orientation huh? I bet it will just be about rules and reg. to be followed and etchetera, blah blah blah. I Better buy some of my things and have groceries. Mina stand up, get her bag and went out of the room. No one even bothered to stop her. Everyone is new to each other. She happily walked along their corridor and hurriedly went out the building.

She entered the largest mall of Tokyo. For the first time, she felt free. She went to the second floor to buy some clothes. After that she went to the grocery to buy milk, some noodles and biscuits, veggies, fruits and foods for her dinner. She enjoyed the mall so much despite of so many bags she was carrying.

She looked at her watch, oh my, it was already 7 pm and i haven't cooked. She called a taxi and immediately stopped in front of her, she run towards it but was knocked by someone.

"Gomen, i'm really sorry, i'm going to take the taxi first please, gomenasai," said by a not so tall man in front of her, didn't even bothered to help her.

She didn't saw his face because the guy was wearing a cap and a shade. Who would wear a shade at night? Mina moved to get up but her shoulder and hurt. She just realized she was hit in a post.

"You! See what you ---" But the guy was already inside the taxi and was gone.

That man, who does he think he is, my foods are now ruined and body hurts. arggh, when i see that man again, i'm going to ---she was stop from her thought when she heard girls giggling . She looked around and was shocked to see lots of girls in their high uniforms surrounding her.

One of them looked at her, " miss, are you alright?" said the girl offering her hand.

Mina didn't notice she was still at the floor. This was one of those things she hated, someone being nice to her and offering her some help. She immediately stand up ignoring the pain she felt and didn't even accepted the hand of the girl.

"Thank you, i'm okay now." Mina picked her things and was ready to leave when the girl talked again, "you know he didn't really meant it."

"Huh, who?"

"Hongki, the one who bumped you, it was because of us, we chased him, we're an avid fan of him."

Mina just nod, he didn't asked questions anymore because she knows it will be a long talk and she hates having conversation from people even from someone calling themselves friends of her. She turned around and was now able to ride a taxi.

Inside the car, her and shoulder still hurt especially her when she seated.

"Ahmm, Mr. I'm sorry, I'll just walk." She immediately went out of the car. She knew that the driver is annoyed. She can stll hear the driver muttering about calling a taxi but infact not going to ride.

She took a deep breath and started to walk. Haizt, what now? I can't sit. I hope the pain will be gone soon. It's all because of that rude man. "hongki huh? That was his name? I hate that name!"

 

"Achooo!" Hongki sneezed. He is inside the taxi looking anxious, "Mr. Can you drive faster? I have to go home early. It's urgent."

"It's the fastest that  I can do. If I make it even faster, there might be a traffic enforcer that will chase after me," said by the driver.

"Ok. I'm sorry." I hope my sister is fine.

 

Flashback:

"Hello."

"Hello. Big brother, are you finish with your work?

"Almost. We're preparing to close it now. Why? And why is voice like that? Are you in pain?" asked Hongki worriedly.

"I have a fever. Come home quickly."

"What? You have a fever. Ok. I'll be there soon."

 

Present: 

Hongki arrived infront of a 3 storey building. He went to the stairs, his appartment is in 2nd floor. He open the door.

Inside, there is no light.

"Min?" Hongki searched for the switch and turned the light on. 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Hongki was shocked. Infront of him are his little sister Min, holding the cake and his five friends, Jonghun, Jaejin, Seunghyun and Minhwan.

"Guys. You surprised me."

"Big bro. Happy birthday. I love you." Min put down the cake and hugged his brother.

"You silly girl," Hongki flicked min's forehead, "I thought you really are sick. You made me nervous, don't do it again."

"Bleh! Hehe."

Hongki ruffled his sister's hair.

"Yah! You guys."

"Thanks. It's nothing stupid. Let's eat now before all the chickens disappear," said Jonghun looking at Minhwan.

 

Despite of the crisis Hongki and his sister is facing, he is thankful that he has friends who are always there for him.

Suddenly in the middle of Hongki's party, that's the only time that he remembered the girl he bumped earlier.

I wonder how she is. I didn't have time to help her to get up. I hope she's fine.

 

Meanwhile . . .

Mina is deeply asleep in prone position . . .