First Day of School

Oppa's Little Sister

 

( two )

 

“Ara! Ara! Hurry up! You’re going to be late for school.” Sehun shouted from the bottom of the staircase. Hearing the scream of her so-called ‘father’, she slung her backpack on her shoulders and rushed downstairs. “I’m coming! I’m coming!”, she yelled in her tiny voice.

Ara – that’s what they decided to call her. You never know how fast time flies. One moment, she was only in their arms being cuddled and protected, the next, she was now a grown kindergarten kid who can walk by her own and even prepare for school to play and meet some kids.

She approached Lay, the standing mother of the family. “Lay appa…”, she tugged the hemline of his shirt. Feeling the sudden pull, Lay looked down to its source. Her doe-shaped eyes adorably flashed onto him, making him want to pinch her cheeks for possessing such remarkable features. “Yes?”, he asked.

“Where’s my sandwich?”, Lay looks onto her tiny hands which is turned over as Ara made a grin. He swore, those were the cutest smile he ever saw. At first, he objected to Luhan’s idea of adopting this sweet innocent kid but it seemed that Luhan’s idea was not that bad after all. More so, he can’t believe that it's possible that the three of them will be living with a human being. Although she might trouble them sometimes, they cannot deny the fact how much she filled their lives and added to their happiness.

Lay handed her the lunchbox containing the sandwich he has been working on the past few minutes. He patted her head and gave her a warm smile. “Have fun in school!” His dimple flashed, appearing adorable as ever. Ara nodded and replied with a smile – a smile so sweet he couldn’t resist – so he pinched her cheek.

“Aw. Lay appa..” She whined. Lay noticed that he had hurt her because of his intense urge to pinch her white and fatty cheeks. “Oops! Sorry.”, he grinned while traveling a hand to rub the back of his head.

 

“Luhan! Sehun!”, he yelled. The two other ‘men’ were in charge of sending her to school. Sehun happened to work at the same school which Ara will be attending. He was a Physical Education teacher but was not the type of teacher that’s good with kids, a misopedist kind of. Note:  He doesn’t hate kids. It’s just that he couldn’t afford to build up the level of patience needed to teach and play with kids five-year old to ten years of age, so he taught students on higher year levels instead – high school.

 

After living for more than three hundred and sixty five years, it became the daily routine for the four of them. As far as the aliens are concerned, they should be on particular fields so as they won't be suspected by humans. Lay bid his ‘goodbye’ to their little girl. As for Ara, she carried herself to the backseat of their car and enjoyed the heart-melting atmosphere of the morning. Giving a slight glance at her lunchbox, it made her think of Lay. She looked back again without knowing why. Lay gave her a two-thumbs up, assuring her that he’s just okay inside the house.

Worry-free now, she attempted to interfere the chat between her two other dads, Luhan and Sehun, who were sitting in front of her. Her playmate Luhan gave her a smile, an annoying one, and chuckled. “It seems that you’re nervous Bambi.” He patted her head.

Luhan teased Ara by calling her attention using the nickname he created four years ago. Because he’s the one who gave her that pet name, he said that he can only be the person who can call her like that – Bambi. The reason for such was her doe-shaped eyes. But on the counterpart, he also has that same pair of eyes.

“No, I’m not”, the little one argued. “She can’t be. It’s her first day of school.”, Sehun added and smirked while driving out of the lot smoothly. He's been like that ever since. Luhan was the craziest driver among the three. “Well, you said so..”

“I’m not!”. Irritated by Luhan’s words, she pouted her lips and leaned over the backseat while her snowy-white cheeks turned into reddish. She really is and it added more, now that Luhan had brought up the topic.

Twenty minutes or less minus traffic, the three were already in their destination. “Go on. See ya later!”, Luhan pushed Ara’s imperceptible body. “Wait, wait.”, before Luhan could turn his back, he saw Ara going to his direction. 

 

“Okay class, the last one I'm going to call is Yoo Ara. I want you all to greet her and be nice to her, okay?”, the rest of the class responded in unison. There were many different tone of voices reaching the four corners of the colorful room. “Go on, introduce yourself.”, the lovely lady, who came to be the teacher of Ara, presented and left her to the center aisle of the room.

But before Ara could start opening , she spun aroud her doe-shaped eyes to search for remarks of Luhan. It was true that first day of school is the time when a student feels very, very shy. She bit her lips unwittingly. Luhan waved at her and smiled. He's not wearing his cap again in a proper manner. When she figured out where he was, she started talking. “My name is Yoo Ara.. N-Nice to meet ye’all!”

“Nice to meet you too Ara!”, her classmates greeted her warmly and with an admirably uniformity of voice. “You can sit here beside me if you want”, a little boy offered so very randomly. Their teacher caressed her back and smiled. Waiting for her answer, the boy made a remarkable impression, smiling at her so idiotically. “Sure.”

She sat and put her bag and lunchbox beside her chair. “My name is Chan-chan. Nice to meet you.”, he smiled adorkably and with that simple greeting of a little boy with soft brown of shade and curly locks of hair, Ara felt like there will never be a hindrance in going to school and sitting beside him every day.