Playground

Oppa's Little Sister

( three )

 

Dismissal time came out a little quicker than expected. While the rest of the students ran to their fetchers and hand their bags as they give them a hug and tell their stories, Ara was left with a somewhat lonely face. Luhan first insisted that he’d fetch Ara at school but Sehun offered that he’ll take responsibility of bringing her home instead. This was for the reason that he also teaches on that institution and his last class would end by 2pm – 30 minutes after Ara’s class dismissal.

Time took so long to progress when a person is left alone. In fact, it felt like forever while waiting. To take some time off, she thought of strolling within the school’s premises. The field, the tall buildings and the botanical garden – these sceneries fascinated her eyes. However, much satisfaction and amusement was garnered when she saw the nearby playground. Her eyes sparkled at the sight of the slide. There was some force of attraction pulling her close to it. Without her realizing, her feet brought her already to the ladders of the sloped structure.

Having grasp of the cold metals of the ladder, she pulled herself up until she reached the top. She sat on it and glided downwards, letting her feet land perfectly flat on the sandy ground. She let out a small giggle to show her enjoyment. “This is fun! I’ll just play here while papa Sehun is still teaching.”

Her play grew more interesting as she heard someone from the back spoke, “Are you here to play too?”. She tilted her head to see. Her baby bangs fluttered by the sudden breeze of wind that passed into their direction.

“You can call me Channy or Chan-Chan.”

Ara was quiet. She only nodded her head twice. The other moved his head closely to Ara’s face and when his sight shifted to her doe-shaped eyes, he let out a chuckle.

“Wo-oow.”, he prolonged the letter ‘o’ for he was incredibly amazed of such eyes Ara possessed.

In disquisition, Ara threw back a glance to her playmate who’s sitting beside her on the swings as she asked him. “Why?”

“You look like someone from Disney I just forgot-”

“No, I’m not!”

“Right!” He snapped a finger upon recalling. “Bambi! I remember.”, he laughed like he was going out of air that time. “No, I’m not.”, disagreement shone into Ara’s face. She pouted her lips, eyes concentrated to the bully. ‘No way, this kid is like Luhan appa, teasing me Bambi’. She squinted her eyes at the thought while gripping the chains of metal on both her sides and swinging herself back and forth.

Then moments after, little Channy shouted “Bambi”, and ran for his life.

They ran in circles until they went into different areas of the small playground. Ara could not deny the fact that beyond Chan-Chan’s bullying, she also had fun. And by saying ‘fun’, she was exultant that she met Chan-Chan to now consider him her new friend.

 

 “Ara!”, Sehun shouted out of nowhere, interrupting their child play. He raised a hand to signal Ara where he was and Ara saw him. Her appa went to her direction to meet her halfway. High school students giggled as they saw Sehun headed towards the small playground inside the campus. It cannot be controlledthe female students’ feels. Mr. Oh was popular around the school he teaches in. Ara picked up her bag and slung it to her little shoulder so freely.

They only had a short time to play. But they found something in their play that made it treasurable. Chan-Chan curled up his hands above his curly black hair and imitated a deer. “Bye bye Bambi!”

With a turning look before she could vanish into his periphery, Ara formed a letter ‘C’ to her left hand and an inverted to the other and placed it on each sides of her ears. “Bye Chan-Chan!”, she squished it to let him see that he was not the only one who can bully, but also her.

He surely has very big ears almost similar to that on an elf’s. Afterwards, the two of them waved a friendly goodbye to each other and Ara rested her back to the seat in front of their vehicle. Sehun, with a strict face on, looked at her little girl. He examined her face and noticed how ecstatic she was. Without further ado, he asked “How’s your first day?” Holding onto the wheel and stirring it left and right, he waited for her response.

She did not hesitate to answer “It’s good…”, she paused for a moment. Sehun’s eye glanced at her for her sudden pausing. “…very good!”.

As they approached their house’s gates, she turned to him and smiled. Successfully taking off her seatbelt, she leaned forward to Sehun and kissed his cheek. “Thank you for taking care of me appa.” She grinned and exited the vehicle. Sehun was dazed by her sudden action but he couldn’t help smiling at the few words she last said. He felt loved and he knew that she was a blessing given to them three.

--

A few days have passed, while Ara was attending her kindergarten, a mail from the school was delivered to their humble abode. Luhan signed into the paper and swiftly went his way inside.

He opened the envelope with the tips of his long slender fingers that seemed to be perfect. A creased short coupon bond paper laid out a message that was for the parents of Ara – the three of them.

“Lay, look at this.”, Lay stopped all that kept him busy and wiped his hands to the black apron he was wearing. “A parent’s show?”, the two of them shouted in unison.

“Hun. Hun.”, Luhan nudged Sehun, who was busy reading a book  while sitting on his favorite couch in their living room. “Do you know what’s this about?”

They preferred to consult him since he was the one who teaches in a school. “It’s a meeting.”, Sehun proclaimed. “A meeting?”, Luhan was the one who’s curious about it. “The two of you go. I have things to do that day.”, he turned a page of his book while his legs rested on a small table in front of him which showed he’s just very calm to it – nothing more, nothing less.

“No! That’s not fair!”, Lay disagreed. “We, three, are the parents of Ara.”

“Yeah”, a small voice came out. “I want all of you to come.”

The three guys looked at her small figure. They didn’t expect she was going to hear them discussing this. Luhan glanced at Lay, and then shifted his eyes to Sehun.

Sehun could not say no to this little girl.“Sure.”, he replied. With that short response, Ara was pleased.