Restoration

Oppa's Little Sister

( sixteen )

 

Ara couldn’t handle being in bad terms with Chanyeol. The fact that he kept on ignoring her despite her repeated apologies broke her heart to pieces.

He was a few feet away from her, walking by the hallway during dismissal time. Ara followed him secretly. Although it had become absurd apologizing over and over again, she never gave up at doing so. To her, Chanyeol was a friend to keep. Even if it takes her a hundred years, she wouldn’t stop asking for forgiveness.

Chanyeol made a turn on the corner and Ara knew where he was heading ─ the playground. It was his favourite place, where he made so many memories. The place was empty because of the hour they were there. He sat at the swing and bowed his head, looking at the ground.

He felt a figure sat on the swing beside him and by instincts, he looked up to see who it was.

Ara was looking at him, her head slightly tilted to the right. “What should I do for you to forgive me?”

He faced front and ignored her like she was a nonexistent being.

She sighed and closed her eyes, facing front as well.

With clasped hands, he heaved a sigh, louder than hers and spoke, “Why did you lie in the first place?” He did not feel like looking at her, so he kept his eyes straight to the ground.

She opened her eyes and gazed at him. “Long story.”

He looked up to her, raising an eyebrow. “Mind telling me what it is?”

“You wouldn’t understand.”

“I see. You still don’t trust me.”

“I do. It’s just that…I’m afraid.”

“You don’t have to. You know I’d always accept you.”

Ara was put to silence when he said that. How come she didn’t trust him when they were still kids? It’s not like he’d push her away if he figures out about her little secret. But no, she still has to keep it closed. Knowing might only lead to her brothers’ harm. She loved them more than anyone else, even putting Chanyeol in mind.

“I know,” she breathed.

“Then why don’t you tell me?”

---

“Could you please work faster? If I'm human and you’re my doctor, I'll surely let myself transferred into a different hospital!”, Kai snorted. 

 

“So that's the plan, huh?”, with a little light of joy but more of pain in observing Kai's gradually leveling up of treating her, Miyoung looked at him straight in his eyes. It wasn't the first time she saw those browns that covers his original set of color of the eyes - but she loved them. In fact, she could stare at them for how long without getting used to it. That's if Kai were not to look at a different direction and set his eyes also to her. 

 

A one-sided love. Does he even know what she has for him? 

 

“Hey.”, he lowered his head a little. “Are you alright?”, he observed where her eyes were focused at, and saw his own reflection on those. 

 

“Wow, I never thought you had violet eyes.”, by carefully sitting close to her, Kai peered onto those. He had never seen aliens' of violet color of eyes before. Mostly are yellow, red and blue. Getting a blue is rare, what more for violet? 

 

Miyoung blinked out the thought, realizing Kai's face has become nearer to hers.

 

“Y-Yeah. Many would say its normal black. I'm glad you noticed..” Drifting away from their cheesy-not-so-for-Kai eye contact, Miyoung distracted herself in reading a formula out of a book which has a thick brown, leather type, and dusty cover. It was hard bounded, and it labels front: 'A manual for sick extra terrestials'. Even the title was weird, but Miyoung pushed through it, hoping that it would give her an answer to cure Kai - which is her first patient. 

 

“Anyways”, he guided a hand to scratch his neck. Extending it made Miyoung involuntary look at his wonderful feature. Moments ago, her eyes were already set onto the book he was holding, but Kai isn't helping that much. In fact, she could have worked properly if he weren't there; honestly speaking. 

 

“I guess it's very hard to be a doctor.. “

“What?”

“Nothing.”, she defends. 

“You're saying something.”

“No, I'm not.”

---

“I can’t.”, Ara was puzzled.

“I understand now.” Chanyeol stood up from the swing. “I’m nothing to you.” He began walking but stopped when he felt warm arms wrapped around his waist from the back.

“Please don’t walk away like you did before.”

He held her hands and removed them from him as he turned around to face her.

“I’m really sorry. What can I do to make you forgive me?” She pouted, batting her eyelashes to make the lad feel less angry at her.

“That’s not going to work on me.” He pushed her forehead with his finger.

With that playful act, Ara knew that he was close to forgiving her. She brainstormed on what she should further do to soften his heart and a bright idea popped right away.

She placed her hand forming a letter C near her ear and an inverted one on the other; like when they were kids when they used to tease each other around. She squeezed both her hands twice as she spoke in a cute voice, smiling at him brightly, “Chan-chan!”

That was when he couldn’t really resist her anymore. He could not help but fall for her little cutesy act.

“Chan-chan,” she repeated, twisting her body side to side acting all cute in front of him. Ever since she grew, she never do this, but for forgiveness’ sake, she did. “If I kiss you will you forgive me?”

His eyes grew, startled by her straightforwardness. Was she attracted to him? He asked in his head. Immediately, he blinked as his cheeks began to blush madly. “U-uh.” He was lost for words until he thought of a good idea to settle things. “No! How’s about let’s have a race? A swimming competition? If you win, I’ll forgive you.”

It wasn’t that he did not want her to kiss him. He was just stunned by the suddenness.

Ara smiled with satisfaction. “Okay. Call!”

“Good. I’d better be going now.”