The Founding of Ara

Oppa's Little Sister

 

( one )

 

Dark sky, dull streets and uninviting atmosphere – these would depict the night time of this ostensibly abandoned city they stumbled upon their way home. It was not really abandoned. People just seem to be in their own world caring less about almost anything. They set boundaries with other citizens, containing themselves to roam in specific areas only – places where their necessities were provided (homes, schools, hospitals and markets) – and restricting themselves with any societal interaction.

Strange it was. There was indeed no unity among the inhabitants. Living there would mean having no social life. The place seemed gloomy – no, it was really gloomy. The heavy rainfall did not help the situation at all. In fact, it made it worse. This observation bewildered the brothers. In their entire stay on this planet, this was their first encounter of a murky place. Never did it cross their minds that such place existed. Yet, they were fortunate of having resided at a place filled with optimism and hospitality – a place they described as a blissful paradise.

The brothers. One look, they would probably give you the typical perception of three human beings with undeniably extraordinary good looks. But what seemed to be normal turned out to be the exact opposite of it. Humans outside, a supernatural creature within – perfect description for them.

They were out for a party for themselves. The celebration was not of importance. Apparently, they just decided to go out for fun and human activity exploration. They thought of clubbing and having some drinks as they enjoy their stay on Earth. As much as possible, they yearned to learn all human activities. Staying for a total of 365 years was enough for them to fully camouflage themselves as real humans. No one could even tell they were aliens for such perfectly imitated human actions.

 

“Luhan don’t touch it!”, Lay reprimanded him for doing so. But as a little naughty boy, he ought to continue with his desire. That is, to touch the unknown being that targeted his eyes. Their eyes met and he was sure of it. And so he came closer to the stranger that bubbled saliva out of its little mouth.

“It’s alive”, Luhan announces with great amusement but continues to lower his voice so that he will not disrupt the small human being’s sleep. The two at his back were a bit hesitant about approaching the baby but Luhan never did show any amount of fear. Without any uncertainty, he dared himself to touch the baby’s soft skin but the baby was a second ahead of him – locking its small hand around Luhan’s right forefinger. And with that simple action, Luhan found himself smiling aimlessly at the baby.

--

Now to their house, there was a discussion about the poor little kid. “Adoption? Since when did you know about that word?”, Sehun, just observing the expressions in his face, disagrees. “.. and what do you want? …to just let this child to the perils there outside?”

The stranger cried out loud. How many times did they have to talk about this?

Sehun tried to have a good ally with glancing at Lay. “But we can’t just throw her like that. It’s not like it’s a stray cat.. .maybe someone's looking for her, her mother?” , the other made a safe answer.

You know the rule Luhan. We cannot be attached to humans.”, the leader then again concerns. But the three of them know that it’s also for their good.

“Hush. Hush”, Luhan snuggled the baby deep down his chest. He wasn’t sure if it was the right position in handling the little fragile body of the human being in his long arms. Slowly, he put it down to the bed of theirs and tucked it with a cozy blanket to warm itself. “She’s asleep now”, “Since when did you know it’s a girl?”, Lay adhered.

Luhan shrugged. “Well”

“Stop it Luhan. It’s not like we’re going to nurse this child for long”, cold and unwilling, that was in behind Sehun’s deep calm voice. Lay quieted to not make the situation more tensed.   

“So you’re saying that we are just going to abandon this little girl? And what?? Let her die outside this cold weather?? It’s alright for me. But if anything happens to her I know who's going to blame.”