Getting Connections

Oppa's Little Sister

( ten )

 

“So what do you plan on doing after class?” Miyoung asked, tapping the table melodiously with her nails, with the side of her face resting on her palm of the other hand.

“I don’t really have any idea. Perhaps, going straight home”, she said as she bit her apple.

Miyoung shrugged and stared into space until Ara’s vibrating phone on the table caught her attention. “Ara!” She nudged her friend’s arm. “Your phone.” She pointed at the lit up screen as it slightly move sideward every time it vibrates.

Looking up at the caller ID, Ara saw Chanyeol’s name flashed. Her eyes grew bigger. She hurriedly stood up, fixing her things in her bag and running to where she last left him. He might think she ditched him for the long time interval. It would have appeared like it took her long inside the restroom, which was quite questionable since she wasn’t the type to apply make up – and that’s what she found as a reason for staying long in there.

“Chanyeol!”, she called his name, unwilling to answer the phone call from the same guy. He was holding onto his phone beside his ear and turned immediately upon hearing his name.

Seeing her made him smile unknowingly. “Ara.” His face seemed to lighten up at the sight of her. “I thought you left.”

Ara scratched her head feeling the slight guilt. “I honestly went to a friend for awhile and forgotten about you.” She looked down, not wanting to meet his gaze. “I’m sorry.”, she muttered.

He placed his hands on each side of her shoulders. She looked up and saw a bright grin plastered onto his face. “It’s okay. I’m totally cool about it.”

---

Luhan cooked for dinner. It was because Lay had an appointment with an old friend. “Oh, what’s this?” Sehun approached the kitchen counter while the two stuck their eyes into the bowl of seafood noodles.

“Jjambbong.”

“Is it? It doesn’t look like it’s edible.” With a face of disgust, Sehun examined the food they are about to fill their stomachs with.

“Really?” Luhan was shot tremendously. It is true he doesn’t do household chores, but he cares for the food he had made for the four of them. He immediately grabbed utensils and dug deep down the bowl.

Sehun was curious about his reaction. “What?”, Luhan asked. “It’s good.”, he pushed himself to eat all what’s in his mouth, but his eyes kept searching for water. It’s really spicy. After a few tastes, Sehun seemed to be pleased. “Just be sure.”, he made it to the living room and opened the television. When his figure wasn’t visible to Luhan’s eyes, the elder swiftly opened the fridge to cool his mouth. “Whew.”

 

Meanwhile, a familiar sound was heard in the alien’s house – the door chimes. “Seems like Lay and Ara are here.”, Sehun muttered.

“Hi guys.” Ara greeted them warmly. “I got something for you.”, he held two bags with both of her hands. “What’s this?”, Sehun questioned her while motioning to get it.

“Dinner.”, Lay claimed.

“What?”, Luhan, who was at the kitchen shouted.

 

The four of them sat in the dining area where a bowl was placed at the center. “I made it.”, Luhan was cheery after all. He was very proud of himself for making food. But this wasn’t clear to the rest. They weren’t sure if he was joking.

Ara eyed the two other – Sehun and Lay – who meticulously locked their eyes to the food Luhan made. “Wow. Is that how you want it to be? Don’t be afraid to ruin the design. I made it exactly what’s on the menu.”

“Menu? Do you even know what a menu is?”, Lay asked, raising an eyebrow.

“Of course.”

Sehun sighed. “Alright, alright. Let’s eat.” The standing father of the family made the first move to get his part. “Lay.”, he commanded next. “Yes. Sure.”

The room was quiet enough. Ara looked at the two aliens who seemed to be troubled. In some way, the awkwardness among the three of them showed even if it is in fact silent. Luhan smiled, watching the three of them enjoyed the food he made. “Luhan did you-”

“It’s good.”, Sehun cut Lay’s sentence. This put Lay to focus with his plate.

“Really?”, Luhan was very happy to hear that from them. “Does this mean I am going to be the cook for the next few months?”, he damped his hands with a cloth, the apron Lay wears even got dirtier when it is hanged in Luhan’s body. Only saying that he wasn’t experienced enough.

“No.”, the two exclaimed in unison.

---

“Don’t sleep late.”

“Yes Lay oppa.”, Ara went upstairs and was about to enter her room, but something stopped her. While making it to the hallway, she saw Luhan eating food snacks while alone sitting in his favorite bean bag. It was because his door isn’t that closed so she could peer what’s happening in there. Something must have made it for Luhan to have that kind of gloomy face.

“Hey.”, she attempted to surprise him, but Luhan’s eyes was strict enough to the show he was watching. “Lu-han.”, Ara jumped into his bed that created noises which led Luhan to be distracted.

“What do you want?”, he was unnaturally serious. Luhan was Ara’s playmate ever since she was born so she knew Luhan well and what could make him this serious. “So serious sheesh.”, she stopped jumping and settled down to sit in his bed.

She snatched Luhan’s snacks. They ran around the four corners of the room. “You.”, Luhan warned her, but she ate it all. “Empty.”, Ara turned the container upside down which made Luhan see that there were no more for him to eat.

When Luhan and Ara got over with the little play, they laid on the bed, in opposite directions. Luhan faced Ara’s feet, and Ara also faced Luhan’s. “Your socks are weird.”, Luhan commented.

“Your’s too.”, she poked at them, it has an alien design. “I wonder why, but whenever I see aliens, I go crazy.”

“Go crazy?”

“It’s because I always remember you.”, Ara laughed.

“You’re mean.”, Luhan, with her manly strength, attempted to push her body out of his bed. “I’m just kidding!”, Ara pleaded.

After their laughter ceased, Ara smiled while placing her hands over her tummy.

Luhan placed his hands at the back of his neck, between a pillow and his head. It was one of those positions he can get relaxation. “”   

“You know, your cooking wasn’t bad after all.”, Ara squinted.

“Really?”

“Of course. ”, an honest answer from Ara. She was sure it doesn’t taste that bad. After all, it is Luhan’s effort that made the Jjambbong.

“Thanks Bambi.”, he giggled. It was the first time he heard a word of praise in making food.

---

The next morning, Ara placed her ID to the scanner but it doesn’t seem to work. She had found out that it isn’t working so she approached the guards there. “Excuse me. Could you help me? My ID won’t work. I need to get in.”

The guards looked at each other while whispering something. Then one decided to confront her. “I think you need to go to the principal’s office.”

---

 “What? I think you misunderstood.”

“There are rules inside this university Miss Yoo. We are strict about the student’s security and so as the faculty.”

“But he isn’t my boyfriend.” She contended.

 

Soon, a lad entered the office. Ara eyed him as he proceeded to take his seat. She was sure she had seen him before, she just doesn’t know where and how.

“Here’s the owner of the ID.”, the boy claimed.

“Mr. Kim Jong In, sorry for the trouble.”, an officer went to apologize to him.

“You!”, Ara pointed at him.

“You again?”, Kai knew he was going to the office that day. In fact, he planned it all to happen. The switching of the ID and the encounter so as to keep her close to be his target. He was prepared. He was, because he knew he will see her again.