Chapter 2: Welcoming the New Neighbors!

The Flower Boy Next Door
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Jongin!! Hurry up with the basket, will you?!” Minseok exclaimed as he was fanning away the smoke that was coming from the hot oven.

 

“Just wait I’m com-“ The younger stopped mid-sentence as he tripped over a stick causing Minseok’s hand to touch the hot rack in the oven after Jongin bumped into the older during the fall.

 

“Aw !” Jongin said as he rubbed his head and kicked the stick to the side, but suddenly widened his eyes and ran towards the sink to fetch a cup of cold water.

 

“Oh my in’ God, Jongin! Be more careful next time!” Minseok winced as his hand was carefully placed in the cold water and gradually numbed the pain from his hand.

 

“TAO, WHY DON’T YOU EVER PUT UP THAT THING IN YOUR ROOM!” Jongin yelled so the older could hear over the video game sound effects.

 

“IT’S CALLED A WUSHU STICK AND TI NEEDS TO BE OUT THERE WHEN EVER I PRACTICE!!” The older yelled back without pausing his game.

 

As Minseok sat at the dining table in the table in the kitchen, Jongin decided to get the muffins out of the oven. He looked and saw half of the blueberry muffins were black and burnt.

 

“Aw hyung, I guess we can pass the burnt ones as double chocolate muffins instead!” The younger exclaims, thinking it would be a waste to throw half of them away and started wrapping each one in plastic wrap and places them neatly and carefully into the basket as if it was glass. The older just groaned in response and ignored the younger’s comments as he just wanted his hand to heal from the burn already.

 

Tao eventually came downstairs after he finished his game, to see what all the commotion was in the kitchen and gasped at Minseok’s hand; then immediately went to go get the ointment and bandages for the older’s injury.

 

“Are you okay hyung?” Jongin asked as Tao had applied the ointment on the burn and was now wrapping Minseok’s hand after hearing what had happened because of the youngest’s carelessness.

 

“You think I’m FINE, LOOK AT WHAT YOU DONE, YOU DUMB LITTLE PIECE OF SH-“ The oldest stopped mid-sentence and instantly cooled down his temper when he saw Jongin with teary eyes with tears threating to spill as he was on the ground beside the oldest looking up at him with big puppy eyes.

 

“I-I’m s-sorry h-hyung. I-I p-promise t-to b-be c-careful n-next t-time.” The younger stuttered in response. “F-Fine, I’m okay Jongin. No worries.” Minseok replied in defeat as he patted the younger’s head.

 

Jongin’s face expression instantly turned from sad to an excited and happy expression that his hyung forgave him for his carelessness and that he wanted to meet the new neighbors so badly. Jongin then stood up and kiss the older’s cheek as Tao pretended to throw up in the kitchen at the brotherly romance and PDA.

 

“What Tao? It was only a kiss on the cheek for hyung’s forgiveness. Oh! And we better hurry if we want to see the new neighbors in room 35A!” The youngest yelled as he ran to the door with the muffins in tow.

 

“Only a kiss on the cheek, he says. Well you don’t go around kissing your brother’s cheek do you? Oh how naïve our little baby brother Jongin is. Come on hyung, maybe the new neighbors could be cute girls.” Tao said as he grabbed Minseok’s good hand and raced to the door.

 

“Hey Tao, what if they are boys instead?” The older asked.

 

“Well, that’s fine too, maybe cute boys are even better!” The younger replied in response with an even bigger smile as they were trying to catch to the makne of the group.

 

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.

"Kyungsoo-ah, what do you think of this one?" Luhan says as h

Please log in to read the full chapter