Chapter 8: The Next Step

The Flower Boy Next Door
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chen smiled slightly as he finished the last page of editing Sehun’s new book. He looked through his open window to see the clear skies today and cleaned up his desk while placing the pages in his bag to bring to Sehun next week. He then hummed to himself as he looked to see next door that Joonmyun was up and was playing with his dog, but Chen then smile faltered slightly as he saw the girl enter the room. He wondered if he would ever have the chance…

He sighed softly as he placed his hands in his pockets while looking around on a bright winter day in Seoul. Looking through the small stores and finally he arrived at the nearby coffee shop, where he spotted the man that he bumped a few days before. He blinked as he waited in line and felt a light tap on his shoulder.

“Hello?” The man said softly.

Chen then turned around slightly and nodded. “Oh Hi...”

“Weren’t you the one I had bumped into the other day?” The man asked.

“I think so… May I ask for your name?” Chen smiled softly.

“Oh! How rude of me.” The man laughed lightly and grinned back. “Kim Xiumin. I’m the assistant for the CEO at Wu corporations. And you are?”

“Kim Jongdae or you can call me Chen.” He said as he shook the other’s hand.

“Hmm… how do you get Chen from Jongdae?” Xiumin asked as he chuckled.

“I’m not sure either… just what my high school friends called me.” Chen laughed lightly as he answered. “So umm… do you want to have some coffee with me?”

“That sounds good Chen-sshi.” Xiumin nodded.

“I’ll treat you~” Chen smiled and beckoned the other to go in front.

“Ah! Aniya Chen! I can’t let you do that.”

Chen cut the older off and asked quickly, “What do you usually get?”

Xiumin blinked and thought for a second. “Umm… an Americano is fine. Wait Chen!” Xiumin sighed as the younger quickly went to order for the two of them as he smiled and sat down at a table near the window. “Aigoo…”

 

 

 

 

Kyungsoo placed a book back carefully in place and pushed his glasses up the bridge of his nose slightly. He sighed softly and sm

Please log in to read the full chapter