I like you

Ice Cream & Bubble Tea

 

" Ji Eun, Luhan wake up! It's already 9am! Aigoo, youngster these days.." You are still dazed, haven't moved on from your dream yet, naturally your mother's nag trails off as you eyelid feels heavier, salivas drooping from your mouth a sign, you've officially gone to the dreamland. However, it didn't last long as a huge wind was blown into your room even when you're semi awake, you could feel the coldness of it sends chill down to your spine. 

" KIM JI EUN YOU BETTER WAKE UP NOW OR I'M GOING TO LEAVE YOU HERE!" 

You groaned in your sleep, not enjoying getting wake up so early even you're not attending school for that day. 

" Aish..." The poor blanket was thrown away to the corner of the room by your powerful strength. " I'm getting up!" You dodge from your mom as you see her hand almost reaches your arm. Yes! you thought to yourself as you successfully got away from her beating.

"Good morning!" Luhan chirped, looking so cheerful in the morning, already.

" Uhh.." Your hands are floating in the air, deciding whether to wave him back as you remember last night's incident. Naturally, a rosy tint climbs onto your cheek, making you look like a newborn baby.

" Guys, we don't have time for lovers moment, go go wash yourselves up already!" Your dad broke the eye contach both of you guys were having which results in an awkward coughs from both sides.

 

" Ji Eun, why don't you show this neighbourhood around to Luhan?" My eyes widen as I look at my mom.

" Why? You used to do that to the people that were new to this town. All of the guys wanted to help you because our daughter is just too adorable aigoo~" She pinches your cheek while facing your dad, wanting to get his acceptance to. You keep picking on your rice not daring to look up, because apparently Luhan is staring at you, if he stare any longer, he might find out that my heart is almost exploding.

"Omonim..was Ji Eun really popular among the guys?"

" Ehhh! Of course, she was playing hard to get!"

" Omma, when did I?" 

" Whatever, anyway you guys can go back by bus, omma need to do something okay?" 

WHAT?

" Have fun, guys!" All of your family members peer over the window and greets you goodbye. What am I going to do with this guy?

" So, what are we going to do?" I turn to the other side, to avert my gaze. I can't look at him right now.

" Well, what do you like to see.." I see myself kicking invisible stones.

" Whatever you like to see." His soft gaze fixed on me. 

" I, normally eat.." He let out a hearty laugh, his voice still husky since it's still in the morning.

" Guide me please, my tourguide!" Luhan hold his hand out pointing to a random direction, signalling me to walk first as he follows behind.

" Alright! I'll surprise you with my talented skills!" You start to loosen up as he jokes and teases you as usual. Luhan sense you were shifting your gazes times to times, after heaving a sigh, he goes back to normal so that you won't feel as antsy as before.

 

" And this one-Oh, Myung Soo Oppa!" Ji Eun has brought Luhan to the last station, he instantly stand straight when you called someone oppa.

Oppa? Heck, she didn't even call me that?

" Ji Eun! What are you doing here?"

" Ahh, well it just happened. Oppa, you haven't gone to college yet?"

" Next week, who's that handsome guy beside you, wow Ji Eun you got yourself a boyfriend while oppa isn't around!" Myung Soo smile at Luhan while tallking to Ji eun, only to earn a scoff from Luhan.

Why is he ruffling Ji Eun's hair? And she's letting it? Wow.

" Come here, oppa's treat, go get the one you like! I need to go to work, see you next time!" He pats Ji Eun shoulder like a big brother and flash a smile at Ji Eun that could make other girls swoon to death.

" Enm, byee!"

" I didn't know you have sooo many guy friends!" Luhan mocked.

" I do, you didn-Wait Luhan were you mocking me?"

" What? What did I do?" He acts innocent.

" Hey that's my catchphrase!"

" Did you buy it? Is it stamp under your name?"

" Jerk!" You angrily grilled the food you're holding, upset that he got so sensitive all of a sudden.

Instantly, Luhan feels guilty for going overboard, he should've known where to stop the line. You aren't talking to him right now, if he says anything, you might kill him on the spot.

" Let's go." Ji Eun said coldly as both of you finish the food, getting ready to leave Busan.

" If you do that in front of the girl you like, she's going to hate you forever you know." Being childish, you just want to push his buttons more. 

" Ji Eun..I'm sorry.."

" Don't be, I just feel bad for the girl you like, I mean she deserve someone so much better-"

" Shut it, Ji Eun." Luhan stared brazenly into your eyes.

" Why, did I -"

" You have goddamn no idea don't you." He tries so hard not to shout at you that he had to clench his teeth and control his tone, be careful not to hurt you if the slightest tone might sadden you.

Luhan fasten his pace so that he walks in front of you. You call him, but he's too caught up with his own thought to listen to you.

" Your boyfriend got tired if you?" While trying to keep up with Luhan's pace, you were pulled into somewhere, you believe an alley with a group of boys.

" I really don't want to fight now.." You pretend to look tough but really your hands are trembling, you didn't know what to do, so you grab the hem of your skirt tightly.

" Ooooh, this girl is feisty!" The boys laugh among themselves as they scan me with lust in there eyes. My heart is racing from fear, regretting that I made Luhan mad, now he's going to leave me alone, I'm going to be and no one will find me out because they will kill me and throw me off the bridge. I will be the poor kid that is unfound forever on the newspaper. Both of my parents will mourn over me, clutching my picture as their tears keep coming down, their heart ripped apart-

" KIM JI EUN!"

My whole body shivers as I hear his voice. I thought I will never be able to listen to his angelic voice anymore. I wanted to bawl but I'm too embarassed to do it in front of so many people, despite being in the situation, I'm able to process everything itself was new to me too. 

" Luhan.." My voice fail to come out.

" Where do you think you're going, young lady?" Some guy grab my wrist refuse to let me go.

" Let her go, I've called the cops, just go if you don't want any trouble."

" Why would I? Is she your girl or-"

" Yeah, she's mine why? You have a problem?" I stood there frozen as I watch Luhan in awe at his reaction. My mind was sent in a frozen state, not unable to comprehend what he said. 

" Damn it, it's the cops! Guys, go faster!" They quickly threw you to him like you're a piece of a trash, making you fall to the ground. Your legs are wobbly, trying to digest the fact that something herrendous would happen to you and Luhan calling you he's yours.

Which one gives a larger impact?

" Hey..are you okay.." He went down on his knees to check you. You nod gratefully at him, this time your mind speaks louder than action, he knows you're okay and that's all that matters.

" Aigoo, look at you..you didn't tie your shoelace again!" Luhan scold you in a softer voice, heck it wasn't even a scold. He pulls both of your legs straight so that the shoes are in front of him.

" There you go.." You watch him tying your shoelaces as your toes curl up, your blush sears through your cheek, for a minute you thought your face was on fire. 

" I'm sorry for making you mad." Feeling guilty, you didn't dare to look at him, but one's hand is playing the sides of his shirt. He couldn't help but to chuckle at that scene. Even if he try to hide, his red ears will give him away.

" It's alright, I wasn't mad." He help you stand up.

" I take back what I said! I think you're amazing, and the girl you like is going to like you too, like crazy." Crazily. 

" That's a huge compliment, I'm not sure if I can take it."

" Take it or leave it. My instict is always right, I might be the most dense person in the world, but my consulting skill is no joke man." You spread you arms as wide as possible.

" Really?" I'll trust you, Kim Ji Eun.

" Of course, why, are you doubting me?"

" Hmm, a little bit, like this." He show you a small gap between his index finger and his thumb.

" You'll see, g-go confess see if she likes you!" I joke, while I feel part of me is breaking inside.

" We'll see, what do we do if you win?"

" Hmm, let's see.."

" Ice cream for one whole month?"

" Not bad, Luhan. OK!" 

" Pinky promise~"

" You still do that?"

" Of course, I learn it from you, senpai!" I smile proudly, shoulders held high as he call me senpai.

" Tell me when you want to confess alright, I'll help you." He looks at me strangely, then a smile sweep across his face.

" No problem."

 

You go to school with a gloomy feelings, your shoulders are slump and your eyes cast down in a mournful gaze.

" Aigoo, it's going to rain so heavily! Someone is bringing such huuuugeee cloud with her today!" Baekhyun speak a little louder than usual trying to get your attention.

" Shut up, baek~" You reply sounding sarcastic.

" Ooh, someone's in a mood!" Kai in.

Should I tell Jae Mi about this?

 

You wanted to stay a bit longer, so that you didn't see him. In fact, you didn't see him at all. I mean he's rarely there, with you or your member.

" I bet he's busy rehearsing his confession to that girl.." You kick the stone along the pedestrian road. 

" Gosh, I'm hungry now!" You feel the your stomach and skip to the nearest 7/11 to eat some ramyun. 

" Okay, you put this and then assa done!"  You bought kimbap to eat it with your ramyun, you were going to consume those heavenly food when a familiar voice rings in your ear. 

" It's not good for a young girl to eat ramyun, on top of that alone?"

" Harabeoji?!"

He saw the shock that register my face before I could hide it. A small smile plays on his lips, I guess he gets that a lot.

" Harabeoji, what are you doing here?"

" I'm the one who should be asking you!"

" Ah, my lessons in school just ended a while ago, I got hungry so-hehehe.." I point my ramyun to him as I didn't finish my sentence.

" I see. Well, my grandson likes to eat this, so I stop by to get him this."

" Whoever he is, he's so luck to have a nice granpa like you,aigoo lucky guy!" 

" Eh, you can meet him! I think he's around your age too, you guys can be friend!"

" Aniyo harabeoji! Aigoo, I have had enough boys to deal with?" I wanted to pose it as a statement, but it sounded more like a question to myself.

" Is that the guy that called you the other day?"

 You didn't want to admit, but the flush in your cheeks immediately give you away, earning a rambunctious laugh from him.

" Harabeojii..." You call him in an embarassing way, feeling that he knows what you thinking.

" He hasn't confessed to you?"

" Eh? He doesn't like me, harabeoji.."

" No way, the way you call him is obvious that he's always with you and disturb you all the time."

" Harabeoji? Are you not a human?" I pretend to gasp, as I cover my mouth with my hands.

" Hahahaha, don't change the topic kiddo. Do you like him?"

" Yeah..I do. I like him, maybe a little a lot.." You head is hung low as you realise that you like Luhan. You're not sure when did it happen, maybe the day he saved you? When he teases you? But it keeps bugging you and the day you finally say it out loud, which is today is the day you finally could accept the truth, that you like that jerk. You like Luhan.

I like Luhan. You thought.

" Aigoo, my poor grandchild, if that guy doesn't know how to appreciate you. Come find me, I think you'd look with my grandson." Oh god, this harabeoji is way too friendly for someone like his level.

" Should I?" Even so, I still try to crack a joke. Harabeoji likes to laugh at whatever you're doing, it reminds you of your halmeoni, which is why whenever there's a chance, you'd love to see him laugh again.

" Of course, my grandson is not bad. Of course he has his flaws, but he got the looks, the brain might be lacking, but he knows who to protect, and too mishievious for his age some times, you'll like him, I'm sure." 

" Sounds like someone familiar.." You thought of Luhan as he described his grandson. 

" Who?"

" Eh, nothing harabeoji! Alright then, I'll see him, next time! Oh harabeoji, you look happier these days, I see you're closer with your grandson these days? Did you listen to my advice? I'm sure it work~" I compliment myself. Hey it's called self love.

" Aigoo, you guessed it right! You're so sweet for someone's your age.." He pats your head.

" Omo, look at the time, we always forgot about other things when we talk!" You jumped as your watch is showing 6 pm. "

Do you need a ride? I can-"

" It's okay, Harabeoji! I need to go back now, stay healthy alright? Good luck with your grandson! Fighting?!" You cheer him and run as fast as possible to your home, you forgot you're supposed to clean the house before your family is back. Your mom even gave you extra money already. I'm so dead!!! Ji Eun thought.

 

" Where did I see her.." And secretary kim continues to find an answer to his question.

Harabeoji is in the car, on the way home. He continues to reminisence the time he talked to you. Surprisingly, you reminded him so much of someone. Maybe that's why he's so fond of you. 

" Aigoo, I forgot to ask for her name! I can't believe I didn't remember doing that?" He spoke to himself, questioning himself whether he's the chairman, when he couldn't do a simple task.

" Secretary Kim, have you found the girl?" He suddenly remembers another task he should be focusing instead of asking for your name.

" Neh, let me check my mail, they said they've found her."

" Okay, pull the car over and check your phone."

" Neh."

Secretary Kim took out his phone and opened his text message that was sent to the reseacher. He click inside the file without any hesitation. His eyes grow bigger and bigger, mouth grow vertically wider, his jaw nearly drop if it wasn't because of Mr Lu's sudden voice startle him from his seat.

" That is why she looks familiar.." He went through your profile once, when he piled up a stack of information of different people. The thing is you leave such a deep impression on people based on your profile, or when people describe you, which is why it stays in his memory.

" Secretary Kim, your face is as white as the paper you're holding, come let me see, who's the gi-" Mr Lu grabs his glasses and adjust it properly at the bridge of his nose.

" Isn't this? Isn't it-Oh lord knows the best, this is unbelivable, how did such things can happen?" He throw out the statement, not hoping anyone to reply.

" It's the girl I've met twice!" " Secretary Kim! I found her. I found Jung's granddaughter. She was in front of me, she was so near to me, yet I didn't able to recognize. Jung ah...." Mr Lu is overwhelmed with the news, he suddenly feels numb, refusing to believe the truth that is in front of him. The corner of his ears start to tear, secretary kim feels the same way as he look at the man he had serve for a long time, finally they found the person he's been searching for. 

" Jung..jung ah.." For the first time, Mr Lu cried as if it could bring your halmeoni's back. The memories he once had with your halmeoni slowly unravel, the threads of every happy memory he could ever recall, he silently quivered, thanking god for letting you appear in front of him before he knows it.