Only them

Ice Cream & Bubble Tea

 

 

" Where is his house again?" I looked at the paper he gave me. Honestly I can't really read his style of writing, like what, is he a doctor? 

" I'm so stupid, we didn't even exchange our phone number, how long have we been friends?" I think to myself.

" Right, almost a month." Long enough.

" Ouch." I accidentally bumped into someone.

" Watch where you're going, idiot." 

" Hey-heyyyy Luhan!" I was happy to see him at first but frown when I remember the things he said afterwards.

" Well, I mean jerk," I lightly punched his shoulder." Hey jerk."

" Ouch, you can't punch me, I'm-I'm hurt." He put his hand over his arm and feign the pain. Oh god, what is wrong with him?

" Softieee"

" You mean you?" 

" I'm a mirror today." So are we going to shoot each other comeback now? 

" Oh god, Ji Eun, you're unbelievable."

" I know, I tell that to myself too." I rolled my eyes, as if I don't know about that already.

" Let's go, I knew you couldn't find my place anyway, lucky girl I wait for you." 

Girl? GIRL? Is it me or is it just me getting butterflies when Luhan called me lucky girl? My stomach feels so sick right now. This need to stop.

" Yah, move, do you need me to hold your hand?" He walked back to reach my hand, but I was taken aback and quickly hide my hands into my pocket. The stomach sickness just went away awhile ago, why do I feel like it almost came back. 

" It's fine, I'm fine."

 

_________________

 

"Welcome, to my humble home!" 

How do I put this into word? 

His house is simply simple. It's big though, I can tell he comes from a rich family, but how do you say, it doesn't speak arrogant or any hint of pretense, his house is simply welcoming, so warm, just like what a house is supposed to be. 

" It's warm."

" So you like it?"

" Yeah, I do. I like it." Luhan was taken aback, he did not expect Ji Eun to be this nice, but he saw that genuine face of yours, he just couldn't bear to break it off. So he did not say anthing. 

 

" We can just be here, there's no one anyway, plus I'm sure this living room is enough to fit us." He went upstair after finish his sentence.

I tried to ignore the fact that there's only 2 of us here. I'm extremely disturbed. Still, I have not found the reason why.

" Do I look that hot right now?" He came down with just a short and a singlet, um what??? Is that appropriate.

" You wish." I looked away. Why am I feeling this way.

" I don't need to." He raised both of his arms." I already am."

Annoyed, I threw the pillow that was nearest to me at him. 

" Stop it, Mr. Dreamerrr!"

 

" Shall we start~!!" After trying to reach for an agreement with each other, we've finally settled with some decent solutions. 

" We'll see whether Mr Kim likes my idea better or yours~" I smiled cheekily at him. 

Luhan smiled. He does that always, I noticed that, but I dont' know why.

To ignore the awkwardness that's going to fill in the air, I tried to look at my phone. 

" Ah, what time is it I wonder.."

" Pabo, it's been 4 hours, remember you just asked my awhile ago, it's already 6." He chuckled and ruffled my hair again. AGAIN. Not that I'm against it, but my stomach is doing some roller coaster trick! 

" I'm hungryyyyy" I ignore his action and rub my thigh against the carpet, like what you normally do in the snow. 

" Hungry?" He asked me.

" Verrrry." I vigorously nod my head to show my hungerness. It's real. 

 

Hence, we're now in restaurant that serve all kinds of food.

" I'm grateful that we've finished our work, and I'm grateful that we-ah I mean I can eat freely today, cause food is alwayyys good when it's free!" I clasped my hand together to show my gratefulness. It's just something what Jae Mi and I do. It's just our thing.

" Do I have to do that too? Cause it would look weird if only you do that." He rubbed the back of his head.

" Aniya! It's fine." My chopstick find it's way to the grilled beef." But, don't you have anything to be grateful for? Like maybe right now? No?" I munched the beeef away. Ahh, it's so delicious.

" I see.." 

I'm too happy to care about him now.

" I'm grateful to have the people that's with me right now. I'm grateful that I was be able to meet so many wonderful things and people these days. I'm grateful that I can be Ji Eun's friend. I'm grateful that she accept me for who I am. Lastly, I hoped she and her friends won't leave me like other people did." 

I stopped eating, more like I couldn't bring myself to eat after his long speech. I don't want to be cliche but there's a hint of sadness in the speech that he gave. I'm aware that he's a jerk, but I guess everyone has the story that is kept inside them. My heart nearly soften upon hearing what he said. Does he really like to be my friend? Am I that great?

" I don't like people leaving too, my parents abandoned me when I was 15, they still give me money, but they're happier with their own respectives family, my only family is my grandmother, jae mi, and kris gege, also other members. That's probably why I always bring up this matter whenever I argue with gege, or anyone, I just feel like they will grow tired of me and throw me away one day. I don't like that, I don't like it."

_________________________

 

" Oooh, Ji Eun, tough girl~~" I lightly his hair, hoping she would be consoled. I don't even know a bright girl can have such horrible past.

" Look who's speaking." She winked at me. Oh god, this girl.

" We're friends, right?" She chugged down a glass of water.

I nodded.

" I won't leave you," Her hands rested on her chin." As long as you do the same." She smiled sheepishly, then her forehead hit the table real hard. Ouch. 

I felt something fishy. I took the glass and smell." Ughh, sojuu!" Since when did she order this? And I thought it was water.

After paying the bills, I piggyback Ji Eun on the way home. 

" You knoww..I thought our friends are coming, but it was only us the entire day, why? Why didn't they come?" I could feel her breath in my neck, it tickles. 

" Ah, right, I kinda forgot to tell them, so yeah.." I mean I do intend to call them over, but when she came, the thoughts went to neverland, they never come back until now. 

" Idiot.." She tighten her arms around my neck. 

" Says you."

" You're..so-warm..heheh--" My feet stopped, is my hearing okay? Why do I feel so hot suddenly. I could feel myself sweating, and the fact that Ji Eun is so close to me is not making things any better, oh god. Luhan control yourself. I thought to myself.