Chapter 8

The girl in the book store

Myungsoo woke up only to find Sungyeol hugging him like he was a bamboo pillow. He had to push the big giant away so he could stand up and head to the kitchen. He fished out his phone from his pocket, he had a habit of sleeping with it in his pocket, to see that he had received a message.

 

Hello Myungsoo. If you had kept your promise, you would know that yesterday was the last day of the five years we promised. Since you are a star now, I doubt that you can remember me, but just to freshen up your memory, this is Jung Soojung, the girl from the bookstore, the girl with cancer. Five years ago, I left you with five books that I allowed you to read only on my birthday. Since then, I have not contacted you, but I kept my promise. Today, I’ll let you choose, to meet up with me at the bookstore, or to leave me all alone. I don’t mind any, but if you choose to meet, I’ll be at the cafe where we met, 12 noon. Love, Soojung.

 

He had shown s the message and they had all told him the same thing, which is to go and meet her. So he went, sharp at 12 noon, he was sitting opposite her seat, staring back at the girl that had captured his eyes and heart, 5 years ago.

 

She had been seated there 10 minutes before 12 noon, he had observed. He had made sure to hide behind a wall opposite the cafe so that he could see clearly. He had spotted her crossing the street, then going into the cafe. At 12 noon sharp, he entered the cafe, and sat opposite her.


He observed her, took note on how she had grown beautifully in the span of 5 years. How she had a glow now on her face, how she had smiled more, how she dressed up more maturely now. It has been five years, and he had came to a conclusion that he had liked her even more, more than five years ago.


“Hello Myungsoo, I’m glad that you decided to meet me,” she said, voice never changed, since five years ago.


“I decided to come and see how you were doing,” he replied casually, even though he knew that deep down, his heart was trembling in excitement.


“I’m glad that you still care, and I know that leaving you five years ago just like that was a bit harsh, but that was the only thing I could do, I’m sorry.” she had said that with her head looking at her fingers, not daring to look at him in the eye.


“It’s okay, like they say, absence makes the heart grow fonder,”


Shocked, Soojung looked up to see that Myungsoo was directly looking at her.


“Jung Soojung, I’ve liked you since five years ago, and I can proudly say that even after five years, my heart have not changed.” he said, directly looking at her.

 

+

 

It's a little short but I'm just going to post it up since I'm starting school tomorrow and I cannot assure you that I can update the story everyday! but since its going to end soon, I guess I can update slowly. I have a storyline in mind and I think after this story, I will continue writing on other stories.

 

xoxo