Chapter 7

The girl in the book store

24th October, 2016.

 

This time, Myungsoo didn’t wake up from his bed, he didn’t wake up to the thought of Soojung. He’s at the studio, with the others, practising. Jamming to old classic rock songs, they were goofing around. He almost forgot the date, if not of Woohyun shouting to the whole lot of them that they were gonna debut one month from today.

 

He had left the studio early, about 8pm that day and decided that he was too lazy to make his own caramel macchiato that day. He walked to the cafe, the cafe that Soojung had bought her caramel macchiato everyday, few years back. After ordering, he had rushed back home, only to pick up the book and ipod, starting his little adventure.

 

After a few hours, Myungsoo had came to a conclusion that a lot of people had been like the main character of this year’s book, The perks of being a wallflower, And to those who have survived through it, he wanted to salute them.

 

That night, he slept while think of her, again. He also didn’t put the ipod back into the box, but instead listened to it until he fell asleep.

 

24th October, 2017.

 

“HYUNG, WHERE ARE MY PANTS?” Sungjong shouted to Sungyeol, confident that the older one hid it somewhere.

 

“I DON’T KNOW, FOR GOODNESS SAKE SUNGJONG, IT'S NOT ME THIS TIME, I SWEAR,” the other had shouted back to the maknae, making the latter pout.

 

“Sunggyu hyungggggggggggggggggggggggg, yeol hyung took my pants and hid it, can you help me take it back? Uh, uh?” The maknae had complained to the leader, with much aegyo.

 

Sunggyu looked at Sungyeol, signalling him to give back the pants. Sungyeol gave a sad puppy face while fishing the maknae’s pants out from his cupboard, shoving it to the younger one.


“Yay, kamsa Gyu hyung, saranghae!” The maknae shouted, while making a heart using his hands, throwing it to the leader, which the latter responded back with a gag face. Myungsoo could only laugh while watching the whole scene infront of him.


Myungsoo had visited the boys at their dorm, on that day. Since his apartment was close to their studio and dorm, the management had allowed him to stay on his own, provided that he was punctual for schedules and practices.


He had brought the final book, and the ipod. He plopped down on the couch and plugged in his earpiece, ignoring the rest. He read the book in peace, because the noise is being blocked by the songs that are playing.


By the time he had finished the story, his eyes had been blotching red, and he had a runny nose. The book, by far, was the saddest he had read throughout the 5 years. It was the book called A Walk To Remember, by Nicholas Sparks. While reading the story, he had imagined himself to be Landon, and Soojung to be Jamie. But when he was reading the ending, he had choked on his tears, regretting imagining him and Soojung as the main lead because of the sad ending.


The members all looked at him with big eyes as big as saucers, as it was their first time seeing the Kim Myungsoo cry. He had put up a strong front all along, since they didn’t know of Soojung. That night, he had told them everything, from when he first met her, too when he had first found out about her illness, to when he had persistently read the books and till today, as he wait for her to contact him.


That night, he had bunked at the dorm, since he was too sad to even go home.

 
+
 
The long awaited chapter 7 is here. I am currently in the midst of writing chapter 8 so I'll post it up as soon as I'm done. Love you guys sooooo much!!!
 
xoxo