Chapter 6

The girl in the book store

24th October 2013

 

That morning, Myungsoo woke up, quickly going to the box, taking out the ipod, and his first book. He decided to read My sister’s keeper since it was the first book on the list. He made some caramel macchiato and sat down on the sofa, indulging in the book.

 

5 hours later, Myungsoo was weeping, finished with the book. He now understood Soojung’s passion for reading. The writer wrote the book in depth, until he could feel the emotions the writer was trying to relay to the readers. Also, the songs that he had listened in the ipod were all sad depressing songs that fit the mood of the book. When put together both book and songs, it created the perfect mood for him. He then took a sip of his caramel macchiato, and it made him felt a little better, because of the sweet taste.

 

Myungsoo coiled up the earpiece on the ipod and placed both ipod and book back into the box. He hands itched to reach out for the next book, but he told himself no, he had to wait for next year, to be able to read the next book.

 

Myungsoo then headed to university, meeting his group of friends and writing music, jamming with each other.

 

24th October, 2014.


Myungsoo woke up, with a bitter smile on his face. It was the day again. One year had passed, and he still haven’t heard of any news from or of her. He went to the box again, and picked up the next book. The Great Gatsby. He made caramel macchiato, again, and placed himself comfortably on the sofa, plugging in the earpiece.


Another 5 hours passed before Myungsoo closed the book. The ending had been bittersweet. It was great how Gatsby had sacrificed everything for Daisy, only to die in vain. And to think that no one went for his funeral, made Myungsoo think. Would anyone ever go for his funeral, would Soojung be there? He heaved out a sigh and walked towards the box, placing both book and ipod in the box, only to be opened next year.


He brought his caramel macchiato out, and went to his friend’s house. Sungyeol held a housewarming party and he swore he would kill Myungsoo if he didn’t attend. Myungsoo also brought his guitar, knowing that his friends would want to play a few songs and drink a few beer.


24th October, 2015.


Myungsoo didn’t sleep and since 23rd October, so when he reached home, he walked straight towards the box and took out the next book and the ipod. The fault in our stars. Even though in the list, Soojung had written A walk to remember as the next book, Myungsoo had decided to read it last, following his gut feeling.


As usual, he made himself caramel macchiato and sat on the sofa, reading the book. 5 hours later, he finished the book, little tears on the corner of his eyes. It was hard to read a book that had stories of cancer, as he would always think of her. And he couldn’t help but to think of her, to think if she was still breathing and living on Earth. He decided that dwelling won’t do him any good and decided to head out.


He went to the cafe he always played for and met his friends. They were going to perform as one again, since the band that was scheduled to perform had to pull out last minute.


They had played a total number of 5 songs that night and was goofing around after performance when a man came up to them.


“Hello, I am Lee Hyungsoo and I am a director of FJN music company. I see that you boys are very talented and very passionate, so, I would like to offer you boys a record label. I’ll leave you boys my name card and I hope you would contact me soon.”


“OH MY GOD, DID YOU HEAR THAT?!?! THAT DUDE JUST WHAT EVEN I OMFG!” Sungyeol shouted, making the whole cafe turn and stare at him.

With that, Myungsoo left the cafe an hour later, with a bright smile on his face. When he becomes famous, he promise to search for Soojung, to find out more about her.


That night, he slept with a smile on his face, thinking about her.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

DOUBLE UPDATTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

i know i know im supposed to finish all 5 years in one chapter but i guess it was too much and yup, it'll be devided into two chapters instead!! also, i have decided that this fic will be only about 10 chapters or so as I have other ideas on new stories and since this is my first fic, i'd want it to be short and simple! 

comments and subscribers are loved!
 

xoxo