Chapter 4

The girl in the book store

Friday came and naturally, Myungsoo was really nervous. He had woken up early and have been practicing his songs since then. At six, he had departed from his apartment to get to Cafe Wings.

He had decided to play a few pop songs that he knew was popular amongst people his age as he had found out that Cafe Wings is a cafe that students his age frequently visits.

While he was tuning his guitar on the stage at 6.50pm, he saw a lot of people entering and sitting around the stage, waiting for him to start. Even though there are plenty of people entering the cafe, his eyes only search for a certain girl that had been putting a smile on his face.

At 6pm sharp, he had started his first song. It was a song by popular idol boy band, Infinite.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkQEdYhmDT8

Halfway through the song, he saw her walked in. She was wearing a white dress, that stopped slightly above her knees and a purple cardigan, paired with black converse and a small sling bag. Right when he saw her, he knew that he had to play his best, as he had wanted to show her his passion.


Myungsoo had perform all six songs perfectly, gaining loud cheers and claps when he took a bow. He had met up with Soojung right after he stepped off the stage and the only thing he told her was,


“wait here for me, I’ll talk with the manager for a while and then we can go off.”


Myungsoo was glad that the manager liked his performance and was ecstatic when the manager told him that he could perform here every fridays. Also, Myungsoo would be paid two times of today’s pay if he decided to play again, next week. He had said that he would call to discuss things as he didn’t want Soojung to wait any longer.


The both of them had ended up at a small cafe nearby since the thought of sitting and drinking at cafe wings was awkward to them. Myungsoo had dragged Soojung all the way, making her blush since it was her first time holding a boy’s hand.


“So, did you enjoy the performance?” Myungsoo asked while he rubbed his hands at the back of his neck, shyly looking at her.


“It was pretty good, I didn’t know that you could play that well,” she replied, with a teasing smile on her face.


“Are you saying that you looked down upon of me before?”


“I guess, I mean, I don’t really get why people are into music, it hurts my ears. But when I listened to you today, I had managed to change my perspective, so, thank you.” She said truthfully, while sipping on her hot cocoa.


“Ah, I guess people could think that way, since I’ve shown you the side of my passion, why don’t you show me yours. I'm pretty sure I can handle a thick book,” he teasingly said.

“I’m not gonna give you a thick book, but I’ll give you this instead,” Soojung said while passing him a small  pink notebook.


“Okay, what’s this, can I open it?”


“No, you can’t, only open it when you’re at home, okay,” she said while giving him a small smile.


Myungsoo was curious alright, but he kept his promise to her. They talked and talked, until Soojung’s parents called and ask her to return home. He had insisted to take her home, and luckily, the distance from the cafe to her house was quite near. It only took ten minutes and now, they were standing outside of her house.


“Thanks for sending me home, it’s been a pleasure to see you perform,” she said. With that, she opened the door and went in.


Myungsoo had walked home in bliss that night.

When he reached home, he laid down on his bed and opened the pink notebook. On the first page, it wrote, ‘Jung Soo Jung's first diary’. Myungsoo had been shocked to see it and was grateful that she had entrusted her diary with him. With that, he texted her.


Thanks for sharing with me your diary, I’ll read it tomorrow morning, first thing when I wake up.


Seconds after that, a reply came,


Please don’t laugh at me the next time you see me as my first diary was when I was seven, and I could be a big dreamer back then.


He didn’t reply her, but he knew that was all that he needed that night. With a yawn, Myungsoo fell asleep, with curious thoughts on what the seven years old Soojung must have written.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Since Im on a roll today, I have decided to double update!!!!!!!!! I hope you guys enjoy!! 

xoxo