My Savior...My Bane Part 3

Beauty and the Beasts

The heavens shook as all of the Council gathered. The 11 gods surrounded a giant crystal ball. Only two remained-Zhoumi, the god of Death, and Krystal, the goddess of Time who remained in her temple no matter what. The palace of the gods was in ruins. Fire enveloped the building, constant earthquakes shook, and blasts of energy burst from the core periodically.

Kangta, the god of Heaven, was the only deity that remained calm.

In the crystal ball, a grim scene was depicted. Kyungsoo, Luhan, and Chanyeol were laid out next to each other, their skin blue and cold with death. Kai was on a hospital cot in the infirmary. His eyes were pitch black and dark shadows covered his pale face. It was obvious how close to the underworld his soul was.

The goddess of Wisdom, Boa, and the Earth goddess, Luna, were curled up against each other, tears flowing down their hollow cheeks.

"KYUNGSOO IS GONE!" they sobbed, "The fate of the pack is sealed!"

"Outrage!" Yunho shouted, "My heir is dead because of that brat!"

Minjung shrieked in sorrow and the goddess let loose another stream of dark energy.

"My Kai! My baby was poisoned because of that worthless demon! He won't survive without Henry's help! Let us help our children, please!" she wailed.

Kangta's grip on his spear visibly tensed before he smashed it down on the marble floor.

"SILENCE!"

All of the gods, save Minjung and Boa, quieted. They kept quietly crying for their sons.

The god of all gods waved his hand over the looking glass, which faded into white mist.

"With the birth of the first Blessed wolf, Taemin, it was decided that the Council of gods would have nothing to do with our children. This pact shall stay, even in such times of distress." he said somberly.

Minjung's eyes grew wide as she stood from her fallen place on the floor.

"H-How dare you!?" she asked in horror, "My child-no, our own flesh and blood, are lying on Earth, dead, and you want us to do NOTHING?! No. I won't let it happen. When my Taemin died, I promised to protect our sons. If Kai dies..."

She paused, raising her palms to the sky. The sun dimmed and black clouds covered the sky. All was dark.

"So shall everything else."

Someone snapped, and all the attention was stolen to a sudden presence.

"Please, Minjung, stop being so dramatic," Zhoumi drawled, taking his place on his throne of skulls, "Your child will survive. As will Kyungsoo, Chanyeol, and my own son."

Kangta gaped at his fellow deity while Minjung and the other gods narrowed their eyes.

"I released their souls just moments ago." the god of the underworld hummed, sending a stream of gray mist toward the looking glass, which flickered to life.

Slowly, the color returned to all of the corpses and their eyes blinked open. Kai's fits became subdued and he fell into a peaceful slumber, all signs of poisoning gone. Boa wept in relief, taking her sister into her arms, who let the sun reactivate. Yunho finally extinguished his flames and Luna slowly rebuilt the palace.

The god of Heavens looked nonplussed as he approached Zhoumi.

"You interfered with the natural course of their fates," he hissed, "You went against our oath!"

Zhoumi let out a short laugh.

"It was my mistake to remedy. Luhan is my son and I was the one who knew how crazed he'd become during his recognition. I was the one who didn't warn them," the smirk on his face grew wider, "My friend, don't act as if you've never broken the promise. Why don't you tell the others why Kyungsoo was sent to live with Luna? Why he took the role of the Guardian of the Earth-not of Wisdom?"

Kangta's eyes grew wide, and Boa stared at him suspiciously.

"You told me that it was because he wouldn't be safe with me during my battle against the demons. Was that a lie?" she accused.

Now, the entire Heavens were focused on him. Sighing, Kangta gave in.

"Before Kyungsoo was born, Krystal prophesized that he would be the only bi-gene for a thousand years. If you'd known that and given him your power...she told me that he'd mate with a god and give birth to yet another male Blessed wolf. To continue the clan, Kyungsoo had to be made Guardian of a different element and be raised on Earth. And so, I lied to you and the others and sent him to live with Luna." he said quietly.

"You forced my son into this life because for your own good," Boa spat bitterly, "How despicable. I am ashamed to call you my king. Now, I'm too late. I can't help my Kyungsoo. Only watch."

She her heel and marched out the entrance.

"The council now has 12 gods. I renounce my immortality." she whispered.

A bright light shone around her as the crystal pulsed, drinking in her powers. In another flash, Boa was gone.

 

~~~

 

"Get away from me! Baekhyun, Kai, help!"

The Light Guardian's eyes shot open as he hurled himself out of his bed and into the throne room, where the fallen's bodies were lain.

"K-Kyungsoo?" he panted, a confused frown on his lips, "Kyungsoo!"

Luhan, now awake, was leaning over the terrified boy, and Chanyeol was beginning to groggily sit up. The dark light in Luhan's eyes was gone-this was the real him, not the one entranced by the divine blood in his veins.

"Baekhyun!" Kyungsoo shrieked again, "L-Luhan, he...Is he back to normal?"

The new Death Guardian sat back down on his stone slab. He looked at his hands carefully.

"What...happened?" he asked carefully, "Why do I feel so different?"

Baekhyun leapt forward to take all three of them into his arms and laughed softly.

"Thank the gods! Then K-"

Another shout sounded, but this one of joy. Suho bounded in, a wide grin on his face.

"Baekhyun, Kai's awake! The poison, it's all gone!" he cheered.

Chanyeol shakily stood up and his eyes met his bonded partner's. Kyungsoo hugged him tightly, tears of joy streaming down his cheeks. He opened his arms wider for the clearly confused Luhan.

"We're all back to normal." he sighed in relief.