My Savior...My Bane Part II

Beauty and the Beasts

Luhan grinned as he left his crystal prison.

"Lost control of your own power, Kyungsoo?" he teased, lips curling into a malicious smirk.

He approached the Earth guardian slowly. The other members immediately blocked his path.

"Step away, Luhan," Suho warned, water enveloping him, "We don't want to fight you."

The other snarled in response.

"As if you could!" he cackled, "My powers are at their right now! It would take all of the Blessed to be able to defeat me, much less a mere Divine wolf!"

He transformed into his wolf form and charged at Suho, but Xiumin jumped out and tackled him. The two wolves wrestled eachother to the ground before Xiumin sank his teeth into Luhan's neck. The Blessed wolf howled in pain and sank his own claws into the other's back. Xiumin thrashed about as Luhan's claws went deeper.

"Hyung!" Chanyeol screamed.

He growled uncontrollably and sent wave after wave of fire towards Luhan. He sneered as one of them seared his paw, but managed to levitate above the flames, tossing Xiumin away. Chanyeol transformed and attacked Luhan as Suho and Chen went to rescue Xiumin. Chen created a force field of electricity around them and watched mournfully as the Alpha tried his best to clean the whimpering Xiumin's wounds.

"We need to help them!" Kyungsoo cried, pushing against Baekhyun and Kai, who were blocking his path.

"Do you want to die?!" Kai shook the other, "We're helping them by keeping you safe! If you're hurt, this clan will cease to exist!"

Baekhyun squeezed Kyungsoo's hand.

"Kai's right," he said quietly, "Right now, you're our main priority."

The two brothers then waved their hands around, creating a shield of both light and dark energy. Kyungsoo grew quiet and whimpered as Chanyeol and Luhan dueled eachother.

"Pup, you really believe you can stop me from getting my Kyungsoo?" Luhan laughed.

He clawed at Chanyeol, who winced as one made contact with his hind leg.

"He's not yours!" the fire guardian snarled back, "You're not Luhan! Luhan is my brother, you...you're a demon."

Enraged, Luhan shot violet bolts of energy toward Chanyeol. One hit him directly in the chest and he fell to the ground, still.

"CHANYEOL!" Kyungsoo screamed as he ran out of the protective barrier, "CHANYEOL!"

He raced to his friend before Kai or Baekhyun could stop him and knelt by Chanyeol's fallen body. His eyes were wide open but unresponsive. His skin was cold to the touch.

Luhan transformed back human and smiled to Kyungsoo.

"Come to me Kyung!" he said.

The cave rumbled as Kyungsoo attacked Luhan.

"YOU KILLED OUR OWN PACK MEMBER!" he howled as boulders flew towards Luhan, "YOU KILLED OUR FRIEND, OUR BROTHER!"

Luhan looked surprised for a moment then halted.

"YOU DARE DEFY ME? THE GUARDIAN OF THE DEAD?" he shouted, his voice unnaturally deep.

Luhan's hair turned black and his eyes glowed entirely violet. With a scream, he hurled a charged ball of energy at Kyungsoo. Before it could hit him however, Kai jumped in front of him and shielded the shocked earth guardian. He fell to the ground, bloody and injured.

"K-Kai..." Kyungsoo gaped.

Luhan spat at the fallen Alpha candidate and grasped Kyungsoo's collar. He clawed Kyungsoo's side and the earth guardian screamed in pain. Suddenly, the room started to glow with a white light and everyone stood still, blinded.

"LUHAN. GET YOUR HANDS OFF KYUNGSOO," Baekhyun boomed, his hair white and eyes entirely gold, "YOU HURT MY BROTHER AND YOU HAVE THE AUDACITY TO TOUCH MY BONDED?"

For the first time, Baekhyun released his powers, opening his hands in front of him. All of the light in the room was into them and the light guardian transformed into a huge white wolf with a gold scar down its back. Baekhyun charged at the surprised Luhan and howled as he pinned the other to the ground.

With his razor sharp teeth grazing the death guardian's neck, Baekhyun snarled, "Wake up you idiot! This isn't you! The power is driving you crazy!"

Luhan threw him off and lunged at him, claws spread. Baekhyun howled and charged at him. The two clashed and tumbled down. The light guardian managed to grab ahold of the other.

He sunk his teeth into Luhan's neck and the other shrieked as light shot out of the wound. Kyungsoo fainted from the sudden pain that enveloped his side.

 

~

 

"Kyungsoo?"

The boy stirred awake and stared at the face in front of him.

"Get away from me!" he screamed, "Baekhyun! Kai! Help!"