Chaos

Beauty and the Beasts

"Are you feeling better?"

Kyungsoo shook awake. He took in the rudimentary healing room cautiously.

There were racks of herbs and medicines as well as many different types of salves that bubbled mysteriously. A good-looking, dimpled blonde man sat next to his lying figure, tending to him gently.

"W-where am I?"

Lay laughed and wiped the sweat off the other's face.

"Do Kyungsoo, you're in the pack infirmary. You fainted yesterday while everyone was quarreling. Minseok carried you here."

The bi-gene flushed darkly.

"Oh," he said quietly, "what exactly happened yesterday?"

"I believe I can answer that," a tall, raven haired boy said, sitting down next to Lay, "After all, I am the guardian of Time."

His face was handsomely sharp and had boyish charm, but his midnight black eyes were timeless and wise.

"I am Zitao, but the others refer to me just as Tao. I am one of your bonded partners, as is Lay."

"Bonded?" Kyungsoo asked, "Is that the ritual that happened yesterday?"

Tao nodded.

"Yes. Bonding  happens when a female, or in this case, a bi-gene, recognizes her suitor and vice-versa. Then they receive each other's symbols and their souls are bonded. Each time we touch each other and we're affected greatly by it, our symbols glow on the spot that contact was made," the guardian explained, "Do you understand?"

The other shook his head. Lay smiled, obviously charmed.

"It's like being engaged! Promised to be married, right?"

Kyungsoo's eyes grew wide as realization sunk in.

"Is there any way I can reverse this?"

Tao shook his head.

"No, you'll have to mate with one or more of your bonded to break the connection. Even then, it'll be hard to rid yourself of the attraction felt."

Kyungsoo scrunched his eyebrows in confusion.

"Attraction?" he asked.

Lay chuckled.

"Did you not feel a certain pull towards us when you awoke? Did Tao and I seem more handsome to you? More attractive?" the healer questioned, his dimple deepening.

Kyungsoo blushed but nodded.

"That is the result of the bonding," Tao grinned slightly, "in order to discourage infidelity between bonded, the partners' physical pull is strengthened."

"O-Oh," the other gasped as his large orbs widened, "so i-is it the same...for you two?"

Lay cleared his throat and looked awkwardly off to the side. Tao said nothing, but a telltale blush rose up his neck. Kyungsoo laughed and smiled. These wolves that he was so afraid of were in fact, sweethearts. They were quite adorable.

Suddenly, the door burst open and a fuming Luhan burst in.

"The nerve of that insolent pup!" he howled in rage, "How dare he call me, the guardian of the magical arts, useless?!"

"Luhan, right?" Kyungsoo asked, smiling sweetly.

The magic user jumped in surprise.

"You're awake!" he grinned.

"Yeah. What happened? Why're you so mad?" Kyungsoo asked, his head tilting cutely.

"Just Kai being an asswipe. Again. And this time, Chanyeol joining him," Luhan complained, "comfort me, Kyungie."

Kyungsoo frowned in worry and opened his arms, despite Tao and Lay's incessant warnings.

"Do you need a hug...Hannie?"

The wine haired wolf nodded and smirked, stalking closer to Kyungsoo. He swung his lean arms around the bi-gene. Kyungsoo gulped as he saw Luhan's gaze.

"Luhan?!" he shrieked as the other  his neck.

A strange symbol pulsed brightly where his tongue made contact with Kyungsoo's skin.

"LUHAN!!!" Tao and Lay tackled on the tall guardian, pushing him away from Kyungsoo.

Lay grabbed a dark blue potion off the wall and threw it at Luhan. It burst and sapphire colored mist surrounded him. Tao waved his hand around the poor man and immediately, the blue mist disappeared and Luhan's body froze in time.

Only able to move his face, the magic wielder looked down at his body.

"GUYS, TURN ME BACK HUMAN!" Luhan shouted, his eyes blazing with fury as he took in his tiny bluebird body.

Tao glared back at him.

"No."

Lay smirked.

"Ditto."

"Kyungie, help! Fix this!" Luhan whimpered.

Kyungsoo looked at the furious time controller and healer in front of him and gulped.

"Hannie, I have an idea."

Eyes brightening at his bonded partner's response, Luhan grinned.

His grin dropped as Kyungsoo leaned foward. Tao and Lay gasped in unison, clutching their necks.

"Did he just-"

"-Oh my god-"

"Kyungie," Luhan gaped, "When I said 'Fix this' I meant distract them. Not them."

Kyungsoo blushed as 3 pairs of eyes stared at him.

"It's fair now, isn't it?" he smiled.