My Savior....My Bane

Beauty and the Beasts

HI GUYS. I'M ALMOST DONE WITH THE FIRST 2 REQUESTS, BUT I JUST SAW THE WOLF DRAMA MV AND I HAD TO WRITE THIS. IT'LL BE A LITTLE INSIGHT TO LUHAN and BAEKHYUN'S PAST!

 

 

TITLE: My Savior...My Bane Part 1

Pairing: Hansoo, Baeksoo, slight!Kaisoo

 

 

 

It'd been 2 months since Kyungsoo started to live with his clan members. He'd managed to approach most of them, Baekhyun and Luhan always seemed to confuse him.

Baekhyun was the sweetest pack member, always assisting Kyungsoo and taking him hunting even when he was tired beyond belief. Kyungsoo trusted him with his whole heart and revealed every sorrow, grievance, worry, and happiness, but Baekhyun seemed to refuse to confide in the other. The bi-gene understood that he was secretive, but he still felt hurt and frustrated.

Unlike his elder brother, Kai just outright hated Kyungsoo and even threatened his life a few times. Kyungsoo felt that this was actually better. At least he knew that he was being hated. With Baekhyun, he couldn't tell whether the older disliked him or adored him and it drove him insane.

Luhan was even worse. He flirted with Kyungsoo to the point where Xiumin froze his hind leg in warning. He was touchy feely and didn't seem to be very logical. The clan brothers and insulted him (in good nature), but Luhan took everything in stride, grinning his signature "all teeth, all creepy" smile. However, whenever Kyungsoo even brought up the topic of parents or even family, the mischievious Luhan froze and grew silent.

This made Kyungsoo extremely curious, but he knew better than to pester someone about their secrets. That is, until the night of the silver moon.

 

~

 

"Chanyeol hyung!" Kyungsoo called out, floundering with the kitchen's rudimentary oven, "Some help would be nice!"

Usually Tao or Lay would be the first ones to help Kyungsoo, but since they were off with Kris at a meeting with the Forgues, Kyungsoo had to rely on the rather immature members of their clan for help. As if to prove his point, the fire guardian bounded in, wearing a ridiculous pink, flowered apron.

"I'm ready to help!" he grinned, holding a sharp knife.

Kyungsoo stared at the weapon.

"Drop. Now," he commanded, fearing for his life, "I just called you to light the fire. Not mince meat."

Chanyeol whined but did as he was told, flicking his fingers and creating a spark in the oven. In a matter of seconds, the fire blazed and the kitchen grew warm.

"Enough?"

Kyungsoo grinned.

"Perfect!"

Suddenly, Luhan burst into the kitchen, whining, "Kyunie, I'm starving!" and rubbing his stomach pitifully. Chanyeol laughed at the elder's immaturity and excused himself from the room.

"G' morning, Han hyung," Kyungsoo smiled, as he finished plating the clan's breakfast, "the food'll be out in a minute, so be patient!"

The magic wielder groaned but stopped his whining.

"Are you done yet?"

"No."

A few seconds past and Kyungsoo placed some of the plates on the trays.

"Now?" Luhan whimpered.

"Not yet."

A bird flew past the kitchen's window and Luhan looked hungrily at it.

"Kyungsoo, when will you be d-"

"Done."

Aiming for a particularly hefty portion of food, the wine haired man gulped down his saliva. Just as Luhan reached to grab it a pale hand snatched the plate of grilled beef and rice from him.

"Alpha candidates first, dear Luhan~" Baekhyun sang as he twirled his chopsticks.

Luhan's eyes blazed a cold silver as he felt his dignity bruise. He smiled angelically and the plate levitated towards him, Baekhyun's shocked eyes trailing it.

"Oh, but dear light guardian," he cooed sadistically, "One must respect their elders!"

Baekhyun rolled his eyes in annoyance as Luhan left. A few seconds later, he shot a streak of energy towards the other's direction and a pained yelp could be heard. Kyungsoo shook his head, amused.

"You know, you should be nice to Luhan." he grinned, handing Baekhyun another plate and placing a few additional slices of his own on top of it.

The Alpha candidate clicked his tongue.

"That mutt took my food!" he groaned, "I have a right to be mean!"

Kyungsoo waved his hand, and a large stone hit Baekhyun's side, causing him to whimper.

"You're a candidate! You should know better!" he chided.

Baekhyun whimpered again.

"Sorry?"

"Say that to Luhan, not me."

The elder was silent for a few moments.

"Fine."

 

~

 

It took Kyungsoo the entire day to finally coax the stubborn Baekhyun into apologizing to Luhan. By the time the Alpha candidate agreed, it was night and the full moon was out and bright. As the two made their way to the magic wielder, they heard him cry out in pain.

"What happened to Luhan?!" Baekhyun panicked as he raced towards the direction of the shout.

The rest of the members surrounded the kneeling Luhan, who was clutching his head in pain. A black barrier surrounded him.

"T-This isn't Luhan's magic." Suho muttered, his eyes not leaving his fellow member's horrified facial expression.

"My powers are going out of control!" he screamed from inside the dome, "Get away from me!"

Onyx columns rose from the air, pushing the members away. Kyungsoo brought his hands up and created his own rock barrier, protecting his friends. Xiumin stood next to him, enforcing the wall with his ice.

"Hurry!" the ice guardian shouted, "Help Luhan!"

Kai hurled a ball of dark energy toward Luhan and it surrounded the elder, trapping him so he couldn't move. Luhan looked at him, his eyes closed tightly.

"GO AWAY!"

Kai's energy exploded, it's power contrasting with that of the magic wielder's. The pack members were thrown against the cave wall. Suho shakily stood up.

"Luhan. Stop." he ordered, his voice stern.

Suho's eyes were kind and understanding, but the water dragon surrounding him said otherwise. Chen stood behind him and sent electric currents through the water animal. Sehun approached Luhan slowly and the water dragon left Suho and Chen to protect him.

"Hyung," he called softly, "Hyung, please stop. You're gonna hu-"

A shield of violet energy was hurled at him. Thankfully, the water dragon tore through it. Luhan suddenly stood up and his eyes glowed an eerie purple.

"His parentage is being discovered," Chanyeol said, "The one you see now is not Luhan the guardian of magic. No. It is Luhan the guardian of the dead. Son of the god of the underworld."

The air around them turned cold and Kyungsoo shivered.

"What does that mean? What's happening?" he asked, eyes warily watching Luhan.

Baekhyun took Kyungsoo's hand and smiled.

"Don't worry. He's just....finding himself, I guess. When Blessed Wolves find out who their real parents are, their powers go berserk." he explained, "All this time, we could never figure out who Luhan's father was because we thought basic magic was his only skill. To think that his father was truly the god of the dead...We would've never figured it out."

Suddenly, Luhan smiled angelically.

"Kyungsoo!" he called, his voice sweet, "Come to hyung, little Kyungie!"

Something propelled Kyungsoo forward, as if Luhan's honey voice was hypnotising him. He took a step toward the other guardian and was about to take another when a hand stopped him.

"Don't go near him right now," Kai panted, still weak from the blast, "The Blessed cannot control themselves during their claimings. Luhan might hurt you without meaning to."

The guardian of the dead directed his smile at the Alpha candidate and waved a hand.

"Kai! Dear Kai, why don't you," he clenched his fist in mid-air, "GET YOUR HAND OFF KYUNGSOO!"

The floor shook and the onyx stones from before erupted from the ground. One of them nearly impaled Kai, but he jumped out of the way and was merely grazed. Kyungsoo stared at them before growling in frustration.

"Luhan, stop this right now!" he shouted.

Kyungsoo punched the ground and the rocks moved toward Luhan, forming a cage around him.

"Get him now!" he cried.

Chen transformed into his wolf form and roared while charging at Luhan, Xiumin on his tail. He collected a ball of electricity in his mouth and shot it at the magic wielder as Xiumin sent ice spikes from his tail. The electricity shocked Luhan into unconciousness and the ice spikes pinned him to the rocks, fettering him. Chanyeol followed soon after, blowing a trail of blue fire around the crystal jail.

The three returned to the rest of their pack members, exhausted, but the fight was not over. Luhan quickly shook awake and growled.

"Underestimated me, little lightning bolt?" he sneered at Chen, "You gave me the voltage that would knock out a normal Forgue, much less the son of one of the powerful gods in the heavens."

An onyx stalagmite shot out from under Chen and Chanyeol. To protect them, Kyungsoo stomped at the ground, pushing the crystal back in. Unfortunately, because of the lack of concentration, the other onyx stones moved away from Luhan and freed him.