Our Savior

Beauty and the Beasts
The full moon brightly illuminated the unnaturally mansion-like cave. In the middle, 9 men sat in stone thrones around a silver altar. The two unoccupied thrones that stood at the head of the circle and were larger than the others. One was made of dark blue sapphire, the other of crimson ruby.
 
"Where are the Alpha and the Beta, Sehun?" one of the men asked.
 
He was lean, but by no means petite. His beautiful face was framed by his striking wine colored hair. His throne was clear, made of crystal, and was decorated with silver balls.
 
The young man, perhaps a boy, next to him shrugged.
 
"I'm not sure, Luhan. Last I saw, they were with the seer at the end of the forest."
 
Sehun was similar to Luhan in build, albiet slightly taller. His cresent eyes were playful and mischievious making it easy to believe that he was one of the two youngest pups. His throne was a light azure sapphire and was decorated by colorful swirling carvings that matched his rainbow hair.
 
Across from him, a small, child-like man gasped. His orange hair clashed with the icy blue of his crystal throne. It was spiked and jagged, like ice.
 
"You mean they went to Luna?" he whispered, "Why? She lives in the most dangerous place, where the humans lurk."
 
Another man scoffed, tossing his dark violet bangs to the side. His eyes glowed yellow and his gold throne followed him.
 
"As if the humans could harm us! You are much too nervous, Minseok." he barked as he caressed one of the suns that decorated his throne.
 
Minseok fidgeted in worry.
 
"I don't know, Baekhyun. They're getting stronger by the day."
 
A dark haired man with an impossibly tall stature nodded in agreement. His throne was a fiery orange topaz, decorated with flames and a carved phoenix on the back.
 
"Yeah," he murmurred, " After all, we won't stand a chance against the mortals if we don't figure out how to have pups."
 
Suddenly, two huge wolves bounded into the pavilion. They quickly morphed into two men: one tall with midnight black hair and cold black eyes. The shorter one had dark red hair and a blinding, angelic smile.
 
"Chanyeol's right," the tall one sighed, sitting down on the ruby throne, "without pups, we'll never last. We must find mates."
 
The other wolf sat on the sapphire throne next to him quietly.
 
"Kris! As Alpha candidate, I refuse to mate with a random female. My partner must be worthy of my loyalty." a chocolate haired young man growled.
 
His throne, pitch black, was onyx and decorated with platinum moons. His eyes flashed silver and black mist surrounded him as his anger grew.
 
"Kai!" a blonde wolf snarled, "control yourself! Know your place. For now, you are merely a candidate. NOT the actual Alpha!"
 
He clenched the sides of his pure white opal throne and his luminescent eyes shone threateningly.
 
Kris held up a hand.
 
"It's alright, Lay. I understand Kai's feelings. As a Beta, my only duty is to serve our current Alpha, Suho, so I should not have spoken so harshly."
 
"But-"
 
Kris shook his head. The one next to him, the Alpha, stood quietly.
 
"As you may all know, my Beta and I spent the day with Luna, our wisest and oldest friend. She informed us of a rather interesting solution that Kai's father, our past Alpha, came up with before his death." he said.
 
A small figure stepped into the cave and walked towards the group. Suho held his hand toward the young man and smiled.
 
"This," he spoke, "is Kyungsoo."
 
Gasps echoed around the altar.
 
A young man leapt from his obsidian throne decorated with hourglasses. His wooden staff fell to the floor with a clatter.
 
"Kyungsoo?! As in the pup that went missing weeks after his birth?!" the raven haired man confirmed.
 
Suho nodded, "Yes, Tao."
 
"Our past leader sent Kyungsoo away after he discovered something that would save our bloodline: that Kyungsoo is a bi-gene. For the pups, Sehun and Tao, a bi-gene is a male wolf that is able to bear children."
 
A grin appeared on Luhan's handsome face. He sautered towards Kyungsoo, who looked frightened out of his wits.
 
"So all we have to do is have with this," Luhan inhaled the other's scent, in delight, "beautiful creature, and we're saved?"
 
Chanyeol smacked the blonde away, growling.
 
"Kyungsoo is a long-lost member of our pack, not a toy. Thank you, Chanyeol." Suho glared at Luhan.
 
"Continuing the Alpha's explanation," Kris coughed, "Kyungsoo was hidden away for his safety until we all reached the age necessary for mating. Since Tao had his first turning a few days ago, we are all ready."
 
Kyungsoo whimpered from the corner, clutching onto Suho's arm.
 
"Does that mean I'll have to bear all your children?" he whispered.
 
Kris shook his head.
 
"No. You will choose who is worthy to be your mate. For now, we will just interact and you can judge us."
 
From the corner, a man shook his head slowly. He sighed and leaned against his yellow streaked white quartz throne. Its gold lightning bolts flickered and crackled.
 
"Guys, this is ridiculous," he muttered, "we can't just take away his rights like this. He basically has to breed for his entire life!"
 
"Chen, it was his choice."
 
Everyone stared at Kyungsoo.
 
"What?" Minseok crinkled his eyebrows in confusion, "You chose this path for yourself?"
 
Kyungsoo nodded slowly, shuddering at the intensity of the other wolves gazes.
 
"I was raised by Luna at the edge of the forest," he murmured, "She always talked about how I was precious and that my family gave me to her when I was a baby to protect me. She told me I was human and until a few months ago, I believed her. Then, I had my first turning."
 
"When I felt that burning sensation, I realized that I wasn't who I was raised as. I could feel my wolf instincts engulfing me. I felt myself change." Kyungsoo shuddered even more harshly.
 

"After that experience, Luna took me to see Suho. He explained to me that I was a werewolf and why I was so special. Seeing him and Kris made me feel like I belonged. It made me feel accepted. Like I was normal."

He opened his eyes slowly.

"I want to save our family," Kyungsoo stated firmly, "After 20 years of being  alone, I finally found my real home. I'm not going to let it slip through my fingers and I will do anything to ensure our family's survival."

With that, the man shifted into a large, chocolate brown wolf and howled. At that moment, the silver altar shone and the 12 souls pulsed. Kyungsoo gasped as the sensation spread throughout him.

"What's happening?" he whispered.

The rest of the pack members started to shake violently before transforming into their wolf bodies.

"The bonding," Minseok panted, "it's starting."

The cave pulsed with energy  and 11 orbs of light, all of different colors, shot into Kyungsoo. He shouted in pain as 11 different insignias were carved onto skin. The others screamed along as Kyungsoo's symbol was engraved into them.

After a few moments, the pain subsided as the others collapsed to the ground in their human forms.

"K-kyungsoo," Suho groaned, "Are you alright?"

The bi-gene nodded slowly.

"Yes, I think so."

From across the cave, Kai scoffed.

"Great. I'm bonded to a human-raised werewolf. You!" he stormed up to Kyungsoo, "How dare you bond us without my permission?! I'm the future Alpha, you !"

Black mist surrounded them and Kai pinned Kyungsoo against the wall, causing the other to whimper in pain. The others made a move to stop him, but Kai waved a hand, restricting his pack members with chains forged from darkness.

He glared at Kyungsoo and bared his teeth, preparing to bite when a ray of bright energy knocked into him, tossing him against the wall. Kai slid down, unconscious.

"He's my bonded, too, you er," Baekhyun snarled, his eyes and palms glowing with a bright white light.

Everyone's chains dissapated as he shot light into them. Baekhyun slid his arms around the shocked Kyungsoo and helped him calm down.

"What just happened?" Kyungsoo said, chewing nervously on his lip, "What was that?!"

Lay furrowed his eyebrows.

"Do you not know anything about our pack, Do Kyungsoo?"

Suho answered for him.

"He could not have. He didn't even know that wolves like us existed until recently."

"Aren't you guys just werewolves?" Kyungsoo asked.

Chanyeol and Baekhyun laughed from next to him.

"Werewolves are wolves with human blood. They have no special powers. We, the EXO, are wolves with god blood, that is why we are gifted. And because our god ancestor is the most powerful of all deities, the god of the heavens, we are the most powerful pack of all. That is why we must pick our mates carefully. Our blood mixed with that of a human's, meaning a child between one of the pack and a mortal, would be lethal. The child would not survive." Tao explained.

"Is that why all of your powers different?"

"We are all given the title of guardian to an element when we turn 12. That is our power. The two sons of our past leader, Kai and Baekhyun are the most powerful. Kai is the guardian of the night; Baekhyun the guardian of the day. They are our Alpha candidates." Kris said quietly.

"Wait, wait," Kyungsoo waved his hands frantically, "The douchebag that tried to kill me is your brother?"

Baekhyun nodded, "Yep, my younger brother."

"And you'll become Alpha right?"

"Kai probably would. He has the power of the night. Plus," Baekhyun caressed the side of Kyungsoo's face and grinned, "I'd rather just be your Alpha."

Next to him, Luhan snarled.

"Hands off, Bacon!" he shouted as he charged at the other.

"Yeah! Don't touch my bonded!" Chen growled.

"Your 'bonded'? You mean mine?!" Chanyeol joined the fight. 

Kyungsoo groaned.

"God, what am I going to do?!"