Return of Jong Kook

Only Hope

“Oppa, why don’t grandmother lives with you?”

“After my grandfather passed away, she refused to stay with us. The city was too busy and congested to her.”

“Grandmother must be a nice person. I can’t wait to meet her.”

Ji Hyo imagined a petite and strong figure of an old woman. One distinct feature that was similar with her grandson was the chin. Jong Kook had said that before.

When they almost arrived at Jong Kook’s village, she saw a hunched-back old man walking at the roadside. The old man looked mysterious. He was carrying a big black sack at his back.

At first they hesitated to stop. Trusting her instinct, Ji Hyo asked Jong Kook to stop by and offered him a ride.

The old man had a pair of narrowed eyes and wrinkles filled his face. His hair and eyebrows were white. A scar was on his left cheek. It was still new.

“Good day, sir. Where are you going?”

The old man grinned.

"Oh hello young man. Hehehe." He had a slow and cracked voice. Maybe the sack was just too heavy for him.

"Hello sir. Do you want me to give you a ride?" Jong Kook offered him.

The old man grinned again. He murmured something that both Jong Kook and Ji Hyo couldn't hear. He then put down his black sack and opened the car door.

"I guess that's a yes." Jong Kook said.

------------

"I have never seen you before sir. Are you from here?" Jong Kook tried to break the awkward 20 seconds silence they had since the old man got in the car.

"You may have never seen me but I know who you are. Hehehe.."

Ji Hyo turned to the old man at the back, "By chance, maybe you have seen us on TV?"

"No, not on TV. Hehehe..."

"Oh I guess not then. Sorry for cutting on you guys' conversation. My name is Song Ji Hyo. What's your name uncle?"

"What a polite lady you have, Jong Kook ah. Hehehe....."

The old man couldn't finish his sentence when Jong kook suddenly made a stop. He rolled down his window.

"Grandma! Grandma!"

They were actually passing by one of Jong Kook's family's orchard. Jong Kook thought that he might stop by to see the orchard where he and his brother always played hide and seek back then.

"Excuse me, sir. Do you mind if we stroll around this place a little bit? I want to look for my grandmother." Jong Kook was so excited to meet his grandmother.

"I will wait for you guys here."

"Don't you want to come with us too?" Ji Hyo asked.

Suddenly they heard a sound of broken woods from their back.

"Aigoo Jong Kook ah!"

It was grandmother. She had this big bright smile albeit her teeth were almost gone. And yes, she did had a petite and strong figure just like what Ji Hyo imagined.

"Haelmoni! I miss you!" Jong Kook hugged her so tight that she coughed so hard. They all laughed.

"Aigoo, who is this beautiful agassi you bring Jong Kook ah?" She hugged Ji Hyo tightly. "Aigoo so pretty! Is this your yeoja chingu? Aigoo you are a big boy now Jong Kook!" Grandmother kept patting Ji Hyo and Jong Kook.

"Eh, yeobo! What are you doing here? I told you to wait for me at home." Grandmother walked towards the old man.

"Yeobo?!!" Both Ji Hyo and Jong Kook looked at each other in surprise.

-----------

 

After 3 years finally I have a short update for you guys! I know sorry is not enough

but I have been having a huge transition in my life. I know that's an excuse too but but but...

You can always folllow me on tumblr to see all my updates and reblogs about Spartace!

Stay tune (this is not valid anymore since you guys have been staying in tune for 3 years I'm gonna shoot myself just kidding)