Senior

Only Hope

“Next time, can you come and clean my house too?”

Jong Kook whispered to Ji Hyo who was standing beside him. Only a few minutes left before they started today’s filming.

“Yah! Do you want to die?!!”

She pinches his tummy and ran away to Suk Jin’s side. Jong Kook tried to chase her but fortunately, the camera started rolling. She stuck her tongue out to Jong Kook.

-------------

Jong Kook received an image of Ji Hyo’s room at his smartphone. It was so clean and tidy, well, after she cleaned it, of course. As he zoomed in, he saw a male idol poster pasted on the wall.

Instead of praising Ji Hyo, he asked,

“Who is that guy?”

“Which guy?”

“The guy in the poster.”

“Oh, that’s Hyun Bin.”

“What is Hyun Bin doing in your room?”

“He just stands there. I wish he could talk to me oppa, but he couldn’t”

Ji Hyo’s innocent answer made him laugh like crazy. That girl was so something.

“Arasso Ji Hyo ah. Now, can you come and clean my house too?”

Jong Kook .

“Yah! Do you want to die?!!”

And the plain boring Sunday had turned to a cheerful weekend filled with laughter and joy when Jong Kook gave her a call all day long.

-------------

After the filming ended, Haha invited all members and staffs to have supper at his restaurant. But Ji Hyo, as usual, refused to. They would have a drink before they went back home. And that’s why her manager didn’t allow her to join them at late night- she was a horrible drinker! She would get drunk easily and blabbing about anything even about her private life!

After eating, some of them had a drink and karaoke. The others had gone home. Jong Kook quickly thanked Haha and drifted away.

It was eleven and the breeze of the sea was so calming as if it was welcoming the two lovely couple. The wind caressed Ji Hyo’s cheek and sleeveless arm and she shivered, a bit.

“Here, wear my jacket Ji hyo ah”

“Thanks.”

They were holding hands, walking together along the beach. Ji Hyo had waited Jong Kook for an hour after the filming ended. They promised to meet there on every Tuesday night.

The beach was quiet and peaceful. Not many peoples were there and surely, it’s a safe place for celebrities to go out and dating. They both were so deep in silence and just enjoyed the magnificent night.

“Oppa, do you want to know why I was always looked so blank?”

“Why, Miss Mong?”

This was going to be interested.

-------------

“Dear Go Soo sunbae-nim,

I have known you ever since I first admitted in this school. In case you don’t know who I am, remember back the girl you bumped into when she lost her way to class on her first day of school. That girl accidentally dumped her book onto you.  It’s me, oppa. I would never forget your kindness when you lent me a hand to show me my class. And ever since that, I like you. Can we be friends?”

She watched Go Soo reading the letter. She was the one who secretly inserted it into his locker when nobody was around. It took her a week to write such a short but meaningful letter. And of course, she gathered the bravery to send it, finally.

Go Soo was the shining star of the school. His nickname was M.J.J which stood for Michael Jordan Junior. He was the best basketball player in the school and always secured top place for his school’s ranking. He was also one of the talented dancers in the school and even selected to perform in the Asian Dance Competition to compete with professional dancers all over the Asia.

With the looks and credibility, he won the heart of every girl student in the school. Ji Hyo was one of them.

“Should I write him a letter? Or should I not?”

“A letter….for Go Soo sunbae-nim?” Ji Min’s mouth was wide-opened. She was disbelief with what she had just heard from her bestfriend.

“Close your mouth, ahjumma! Haishhhhh!!”

“Kkkkkk. Are you serious, chingu yah? You want to write him a letter? What do you want to tell him then?”

“Oi ahjumma! Can’t you ask me one by one? Your questions bombarded me like bullets you know!”

“Hehehe mianhae, Ji Hyo ah. I was too excited.”

“Cehhhh. Now, listen to me Miss Super Excited. First, it’s only you and I that know about this matter. Second, don’t you dare to tell this to anybody, at anywhere, at any time. It’s a secret. Get it?”

“Heyyy Ji Hyo ah. We are friend like from the ancient times. How can you doubt me?”

“It’s because I already know you that I can’t really trust you!”

“Hehehe. Don’t be like that, chingu ya. Arasso, I’ll keep this promise till I died. No worries, Ji Hyo yah!”

“Now you say it like that make me more worried!”

They then burst into laughter. Friends were like that, they fought and cursed each other but at the end of the day, they remained friends.

But unfortunately, this time it didn’t happened like that.