Sunday

Only Hope

“Meow…..”

A ginger tabby motioned towards Ji Hyo who was laying around on the white sofa bed. She did purposely buy the sofa bed so whenever she was too tired, she could just sleep in the living room.

It was a plain boring Sunday. Ji Hyo’s mother and her little sister, Ji Eun went to visit her grandfather at the village. They went so early in the morning that she couldn’t come along because you all know why- she’s a sleepy head! Not really actually, she arrived home very late last night because of her CF’s filming yesterday. Her mother wasn’t able to wake her up and decided to leave a note instead.

“What are we going to do today, Ginger?”

She lifted the cat and put him on her lap. Yes, the tabby’s name is Ginger. It was obviously because of his skin color.

“Meow……”

“What? You say you miss your Jong Kook hyung?”

She the back of his head. The commander’s image suddenly appeared. He was smiling at her. She smiled back.

“Meow……”

“I miss him too. How about I give him a call and you talk to him?”

“Meow……”

“Haisshhhh ottoke? I wish you can talk. Wait, I did wish that when Ji Eun’s first milk tooth fell off. We stole her tooth, didn’t we? I again wish that on your third birthday party when I blew the candle’s cake for you. Remember? Fairy tooth unnie, why you are so mean to me?!!”

“Meow….!!”

She was angry with the fairy tooth until she didn’t realize that she was pulling the cat’s ear.

“Mianhae, Ginger. Mianhae!”

Ginger jumped off her lap. Perhaps he was angry too.

Finally, Ji Hyo went to the kitchen. She made herself a simple breakfast- ham sandwich with mustard and ketchup. She poured low-fat milk into a glass. When she saw the low-fat label, she saw Jong Kook again.

-------------

“Let’s try this one, oppa. Excuse me; can I have a vanilla milkshake?”

The lady behind the counter nodded and waited for the man besides Ji Hyo to order.

 “Yah! Ji Hyo ah! Don’t simply choose that.”

“It’s a milkshake, oppa.”

“Yeah I know. But maybe they use whole milk, we don’t know. ”

“But I want this one…”

“Whole milk is not good for you. Try this one, low-fat oreo shake. It's low-fat and very good for you.”

“It’s still milk. And the taste is same!”

 “It’s different. Ji Hyo ah, whole milk is for people like me, to build muscles and all that. For you, you need low-fat because it contains fewer calories. Besides, you want to lose some weight, right?”

“Yah! It’s just a bloody milkshake!! Can you just let me have that bloody high- fat-lots-of-calories drink, you freak health-conscious?!!”

All the people in the café eyed to the woman who just said something that was not-so-beautiful-to-hear words. Ji Hyo’s face reddened when the place suddenly turned silence. Feeling embarrassed, she made her way out quickly leaving Jong Kook who was still jaw-dropping. He then ran after Ji Hyo.

-------------

Well, of course the commander could catch Ji Hyo after that and they lived happily ever after. Except that before they rode on the royal horse carriage, Jong Kook was ordered to do 30 sit ups non-stop by the mad and embarrassed Ji Hyo.

That was about half of the year ago. She laughed when thinking back at the unforgettable embarassing scene. And that was how her fridge was not stuffed with whole milk anymore. Jong Kook was really a commander just like when he was in Running Man.

She had her bath already and decided to clean the house especially her room. As an actress and variety star, she didn’t always have the time to do that. She her music playlist on her Iphone. While dancing to Kim Jong Kook’s Loveable song, she swept the floor and vacuumed the purple rugs.

Wooh maributo balkkutkaji da sarangsurowo

Wooh niga naye yojaranun ge charangsurowo

She saw Ginger came into her room and played the vacuum to scare the cat off.

"Meow.....!!!!!"

Cheeky Ji Hyo!

When Han Namja, which was the last song playing, the room was almost done. Ji Hyo then sprayed an air freshener. The lemon scent overpowered the purple-painted room.

“Perfect.”

She then took her smartphone and messaged someone.