Green-eyed Lady

Only Hope

Ji Hyo stomped her feet, walking in a quick pace. She tried to avoid the muscled man behind her even though she knew she couldn’t. Well, at least she prayed that she could. Jong Kook grabbed her left arm, tightly. Unknowingly, she stopped and Jong Kook could hear her sigh. He actually expected her to forcefully let go of his grip but she just stood still. It lasted for almost five minutes but neither one of them made an attempt to say anything.

Ji Hyo was keeping a mountain of anger inside her but she just didn’t want to let it out now, at least not in front of a bunch of people on the street. Perhaps there were paparazzi among them all. Who knows?

Jong Kook felt guilty. If only he knew she would be as mad as hell, he wouldn’t do it. But it’s for the sake of variety and he knew viewers would like that.

-----------------

The room was set up with round dining table and a few white-covered chairs. There were labels on the chair for each Running Man members’ character that day. Once Jong Kook stepped in, he greeted Jae Suk, Gary and Kwang Soo who were already on each seat. As usual, Kwang Soo was the most excited one and excitedly explaining to his favorite hyung about what they were going to do.

One by one, the members arrived later and each of them was being explained what were their role. Ji Hyo was the last and the first person who she smiled at was han namja, Kim Jong Kook. She then turned into her blank expression when the camera zoom her in.

“Ji Hyo ah, you are Gary’s wife today!”

Jae Suk told her while patting on Gary’s shoulder.

“Neh hyung, we’re already divorce.”

Gary’s words made everybody in the small room laugh.

“What is this? Haishhh, we’re divorced. How come I’m still his wife?”

Reluctantly, she moved towards Gary’s table. Jae Suk gave her some space. They were making fun of the reunited Monday Couple and Jong Kook could see how annoyed she was. He’s trying to make her laugh.

“Ji Hyo ah, you’re Gary’s wife. I’m your brother-in-law.”

“So what?”

Ji Hyo was very annoyed with all the stuffs and now what Jong Kook said made her even more annoyed. He was taken aback.

Any way the show ran smoothly despite Kwang Soo’s team who was lost in their route to the first mission, the heavily rainy season and, well, the fight between Ji hyo and Jong Kook.

The ssireum mission was for Chuseok special. It was where Ji Hyo, the first person in blue team to wrestle with Jong Kook who was the last contender standing from red team.

She was going to do the same thing of what she did to Haha earlier on, but come ’on, you couldn’t fool the brainy Spartakooks easily, could you? Then she thumped Jong Kook’s broad chest but that didn’t even made him letting her down.

‘Yah, Ji Hyo yah! Don’t treat me like this. It hurts’

‘What oppa? Your muscle can’t even stand with these little pokes?’

Ji Hyo was frustrated. As fast as lightning, she then grabbed his hair, desperately wanting him to lose. He then fell purposely so he could win the game. No, he did fall so he could end it faster otherwise Ji Hyo would be poking him harder. She did become stronger now than before, he admitted that.

-----------------

She lost in her deep thoughts on the see saw at the park. Ji hyo went to the park that she saw when she arrived at their last location, after the filming ended.

“Congratulations, Kim Jong Kook ssi. You are the King of Ddakji now.”

Jong Kook who was actually tiptoeing to surprise her suddenly stopped. He stopped not because Ji Hyo knew he was there, the Ace had a sharp sense, no doubt about it, but because of the sarcasm he could sense in her voice. She congratulated him sarcastically.

“Ji Hyo ah, why? Are you still mad?” Jong Kook paused, figuring out on what to say next.

“Listen yeobo, I’m sorry.”

“Yeobo?!! You call me yeobo? Y.E.O.B.O?? Why don’t you just say that to Yeom Jung-ah ssi?”

Ji Hyo finally exploded. She knew she sounded like a jealous green-eyed lady but that word just slipped out of her tongue. Yes, she’s a bit jealous when Jong Kook called Jung-ah yeobo but she was always being professional about that. About Jong Kook’s character as a master of love lines and all that, she never took it into heart. It was all for the sake of the beloved variety show. She was just getting tired about all the unnecessary parts of Monday Couple for the show, how the PDs kept making her into same team with Gary and the fact that she’s trying to keep her relationship with Jong Kook, a huge secret to everyone.

“Mianhae, Ji Hyo ah.”

He then sat down on the other side of the see saw. Jong Kook lifted his arm and showed his biceps like he was Dexter Jackson or something while making funny faces. Ji Hyo couldn’t stand it anymore. They laughed while playing the see saw happily. Yeah, that was Ji Hyo’s weakness, Kim Jong Kook’s funny gestures.