Americano

Only Hope

“Unnie, you’ve been working with them for so long. Don’t you have any feeling for Gary oppa?” Geun Young asked her when Ji Hyo dried her shoulder-length hair with towel. They stayed in the same room after finishing that day filming. Tomorrow they had another one for next week’s episode.

“Hahaha Geun Young ssi. We’re working partner, of course I like him. Besides we’re Monday Couple.”

“Yah unnie! Please don’t be formal with me. Cut it off so we’ll be more comfortable with each other.”

“Arasso Geun Young ah.”

She laughed at the cute little girl. Geun Young reminded her of her little sister, always wanting her big sister’s attention.

“Unnie, you’re not answering my question.”

“What? I’ve already said that.”

“Yah unnie! Just be frank with me. Who do you like the most between these three; Gary oppa, Kwang Soo oppa or Jong Kook oppa?”

‘Okay this is so not like Geun Young. Does she know something?’ 

Ji Hyo maintained her expressionless face. 

“Unnie will be honest with you, Geun Young ah.”

Moon Geun Young waited for her unnie, passionately. If her assumption was right, she should resign as an actress and become a nation’s detective. Okay just kidding. At least she would act more like a spy in dramas. Kkkkkk.

“I…..”

‘Say it, unnie. Say it!’ Geun Young’s heart was beating fast.

“It’s Kwang Soo.”

“Yahhhhh!” She threw a pillow to Ji Hyo.

“Why?” Control, Ji Hyo. Control. Continue your mong face.

“Unnie! Everybody knows your special noona-dongsaeng relationship with Kwang Soo oppa. And everybody knows it’s not love. Don’t bluff me.”

She pouted.

“What do you want me to say then? It’s Kwang Soo that I loved the most.”

“Tell me unnie. It’s Kim Jong Kook, right?”

“Neh Geun Young ah. It’s really Kwang Soo. I promise you. Now you go to sleep. We still have shooting tomorrow.”

Geun Young made her way to the bed, half-heartedly.

‘You don’t want to tell me, Ji Hyo unnie ya. Fine, I still got tomorrow to observe everything. Moon Geun Young, fighting!’

Her detective’s spirit was burning.

-------------

The next day, Ji Hyo was paired with Gary and Jong Kook was the same team with Geun Young.

‘Yes PD! I love you. Now I can know whether Ji Hyo unnie will be jealous if I teamed up with Jong Kook oppa.'

So that’s why she acted all bubbly and very cutely with Jong Kook. From the first photo zone game in the mud up until the final hide-and-seek mission, she’s doing a very good job. Well, she was a very good actress I can tell you.

-------------

“Here, Geun Young. Come here. Why is this door locked? It’s suspicious.” Suk Jin had already tell Jong Kook to be an investigator and serve the nation. His sense was sharp like a tiger hunting for herbivores. Wait, he’s a tiger, wasn’t he?

“I feel something’s not right too.”

“Whoever is inside, come out now before I’ll get you.”

Ji Hyo and Gary looked at each other when they heard the commander’s voice. Anybody who heard this must be freaking scared. It’s….. Sparta!

“Hehehehehe it’s us.” Gary came out followed by Ji Hyo. Without hesitant, Jong Kook ripped off Gary’s nametag. Then Geun Young ripped off Ji Hyo’s.

Even it’s happened in a split second, Geun Young could see how frustrated Jong Kook was to know the Monday Couple were inside that dark room. Ji Hyo didn’t even look at Jong Kook when she passed through him.

‘They are a good combination. Just like him and I when we became the seeking team before this.’

Ji Hyo smirked. She shook her head wanting her sadness to go away. She herself didn’t know why she was becoming so sensitive lately. Is this a part of aging process? She quickly touched the lines at the edge of her eyes. Yes, she was getting older indeed. Ji Hyo sighed.

-------------

The filming had finally ended. Geun Young was so kind to treat dinner for all the Running Man casts and staffs especially because she felt so sorry for her unnie that she acted like that. She asked Jong Kook to sit in front of Ji Hyo at the round huge dining table at Haha’s restaurant.

Someone handed Ji Hyo a mug of Americano, her favorite drink. She carved a smile when she saw what’s on top of the coffee. A ‘SORRY’ made from the foam was there. She giggled. The man who was staring at her now could smile too. He knew she had forgiven him. Their eyes then met even a distance apart.

-------------

‘Ji Hyo unnie, I’m so sorry I have to act that way with Jong Kook oppa. But if I didn’t do that, would you tell me unnie? Kkkkk~ Unnie, kansahamnida for your kind treats and have a nice day!

From,

Your beloved sister, MGY.

“Isn’t Geun Young is so sweet, oppa?”

Ji Hyo was still looking at the box containing a set of couple’s keychain. She smiled at the man besides her.

“Yes, she is. Now let’s go in. It’s cold outside here.”

Jong Kook smiled back at her. They then went into the house, holding hands while walking together.

 

 

------------------

Hye everyone! First of all I am really really sorry because I couldn't update instantly since there's bulging amount of assignments. So here are two chapters for you guys. I am so sorry *bow* And a big thank you for the subscribers and readers! I will work very hard to make this more interesting. Fighting!!

Oh, and I can't promise their relationship will sail smoothly. It's still a long way to go. Hehe XD