Chapter 5: Competition

2:1 (Two is to one)

Steph's POV

 

Saturday came. I felt somehow nervous and at the same time excited for him. It's his day and I hope they'll win especially for our school.

 

I'm waiting patiently for my bestfriend to come while fixing myself, getting ready for the event. I need to be somehow look beautiful for him. I know I'm not that pretty enough for him. But just for this moment let me look perfect for him. I prayed that this day will be worth it. Oh God I squealed in my thoughts.

 

I am looking myself in the mirror, then the doorbell rang, my best friend is here! I quickly opened the gate and welcome her with a wide smile on my face. "Mary~ah! Come in, come in!" I pulled her to my bedroom.


Mary's POV

 

I arrived at Steph's house and she was still getting ready. She grabbed my hand while happily pulling me. Tsk! This girl. As if she will be going on a date! But I don't care it’s for her Jaejoong look-a-like guy! I smile widely while looking at her back towards her room. I noticed its 6 already in the evening and we need to go. "Stephanie! Are you not done yet? It's almost 6! We need to be there atleast earlier before the event will start." I said. We need to be early to get a proper seat and to watch the program from the beginning. "O! Yeah I'm done already. I just need to look at the mirror and check myself for the last time." She said. I held her shoulder and tell her, “You look good already and besides you're beautiful not just on the outside but also on the inside so don't worry anymore. Okay?"

 

 

Upon hearing that from her best friend, Steph suddenly feel at ease and good about herself. For her, Mary is God sent from heaven. She brings positivity into her life.

 

---

 

We arrived in the university 15 min before the said time. There are lot of people who attended the event to support their respective school's representatives. We went to the stadium where the program will be held and get a nice seat near the stage. After 15 minutes, the program already started.

 

"Welcome everybody to the 73rd Rockdance Competition. Are you all exited?" The MC asked. "Yeaaaaaaahhhhhh!!!!!" The audience shouted.

"Whoa! They're ready now. So let the Rockdance Competition begins!!!"


Chris's POV

 

I am getting ready for the dance competition later. This is it! After all our hardships in practicing, we are now able to perform and aside from that, I can see her later. I'm excited! Wait. I'm excited to see all of them. My girls. Yes that's right MY GIRLS.


Steph's POV

 

I'm excited to watch him. This will be my very first time to see him dancing. I don't know how he looks when he dance but I have a feeling, he will be the best dancer for sure with his determination and all, as well as his dance crew. I can't help not to smile with lots of good thoughts for him. I need to support him. That's all I wanted. I grab my phone and started to text him.

 

"Chris! Good luck and FIGHTING! I know you can do it! Win for our school."

-Steph

 

Then after a minute, I received a reply from him.

 

"Stephie, Thank you! :* :) we will try our best to win for our school. I'll do my best."

-Chris

 

A smile crept up from my face as my cheeks reddened at the same time. My heart skips a beat.  After the performance of the 11 goups, the MC announced for the last group to perform. "Ladies and gentlemen for the last group who will perform for this nights competition, All the way from ___ university! Let's all welcome the five handsome men~ THE D.A.N.C.(E)K crew! (Daniel, Ace, Nathan, Chris, Kevin)

 

The song started to play. (Boyfriend by Big time rush)

 

My eyes started to widen. My blood is rushing through my veins. This is it. I clutched my purse when the excitement got through me. "Steph! THIS IT! Chris is on the stage now! Wooooooooooohoooohooo." Same as me, Mary got hyped up as well. I can't believe what my own eyes are seeing at. Watching to be exact. And hey, is this coincidence? Five. I mean five members of their group? You got to be kidding me. I shrugged out my thoughts because they're just starting to dance. It feels like I'm watching Yunho dancing while his face and body looks like the exact replica of Jaejoong. YunJae? God, I can't breathe and I can't help it anymore. He looks perfect while dancing. Adrenaline rush got me up. "CHRISTOPHER! WoooooooohOooooooooooooooooooooooohoooooooooooooooo!" I screamed on top of my lungs. I saw him look at me and my bestfriend and he tensed up a bit. "GO CHRIS!" Mary shouted much louder than mine. He smirked and started to dance all the way to the music. He and his four other members are so terrific that I felt like seeing dbsk dancing for real. Well except that this only one guy looks like yunjae in one. Sweat starts to form in my neck and forehead as we cheered.   We're almost out of breath and our voice got weaker from shouting out for them. Mostly or let's say we only shout his name. Bias, yeah definitely from what we kept on screaming (which is his name) you can easily determine that we're having bias here.

 

---

 

"And now the champion of 73rd Rockdance Competition is..." the MC finally starting to announce who's the winner. All of us stare and anticipating. Me and Mary started to grip the handle of our seats. Mary seems to be much nervous than me. I mentally laugh at my mind thinking of us being nervous. OMO I hope they will win. But I do have a feeling. I have a great feeling about this. I grinned and smile widely.

 

"THE D.A.N.C.(E)K crew!!!!!" And the crowd/audience applaused. I heard the screaming of our schoolmates from the above seats. Me and Mary are separated from them and seated near the stage. I noticed Christopher stared at us and a smile formed in his face. I automatically smiled at him as I feel that I blushed from the sudden action that I made for him. I quickly look at the side and mentally slap myself. 'He looks so cute, how can it be that he look so much like Jaejoong. Wae?' I thought. My face blushed harder thinking of his smile and his dimples being visible. I heard Mary screamed and clap harder as she rejoiced. I just kept on blushing at myself. What did just happened?

 

---

 

Chris's POV

 

When we heard that we won in the competition, my friends or my co- DANCE(K) crew members rejoiced. I also heard all the screams from our schoolmates. Seeing them so proud that we won for our school, it feels so great and amazing. All the hardships of our training were all worth it. Plus she's here to see us and watch us dance. I stared at them and have an eye to eye with her. She's so near that I can't help but smile just by looking at her. I feel so proud and inspired. I showed my pearly white teeth and dimples at her. Yes, at her only. I blushed as I see her smile back at me. She looks pretty with her chubby cheeks and cute expression. I suddenly heard my heart beats. What is this? What is this feeling? Instead of being shy I let out my playboy expression and smile at her more. She suddenly look away at me and I noticed even this far that her cheeks reddened. 'I got you now' I smirk and look at the other way around.

 

Steph’s POV

 

After the competition me and Mary decided to go home. We're almost at the lobby of the place where the event held, and then suddenly I received a text message from him. I blushed. And opened his message

 

“Stephie, thank you for watching us. Uhmm I'm just wondering if you can join us in our mini celebration? At the _ bar. I expect to see you there.”

-Chris

 

He's inviting us?! For real?! Okay I'll ask Mary first. "Mary, look.." I handed her my phone.

 

"OMG! Let's go!" Mary grinned and claps her hands in excitement and grabbed my arms as we headed to the _ bar.

 

---

 

*At the _ bar*

 

Loud music starts to play in our ears as we headed to the place where the celebration is being held. He said to me to go in the particular VIP room.

 

Me and Mary started to enter the room. It's quite a big VIP room. There are number of people we usually see in our school. Some are medical students, HRM students, Tourism students and many more.

 

Then I noticed Chris somewhere near the wine section flirting with a girl, holding her hands while smiling. I frown and glance at Mary.

 

"Why? Is there something wrong?" Mary suddenly looks at where I was looking at. And she suddenly feels mad. "I wish we didn't come." I really feel broken on what I have seen. I hold on Mary's arm. "Forget about it Steph. We’re here to party. Let's just go for a drink and enjoy the rest of the night. Ignore them." I can see Mary's disappointment at the same time she's getting mad. Mary rolls her eyes and grab Steph's arm going to the wine's section.

 

\\\

 

While drinking and chatting with some other stuff, school related stuff, kpop and more, someone suddenly approaches us. His face is familiar. I drink my first glass of wine and the guy sits beside me.

 

"What's with that sad face? By the way I'm Ace. One of the member of D.A.N.C.(E)K. Crew" He smiles and offers his hand for a handshake.

 

Oh. That's why his face is familiar. He's with Chris. His co-member in his dance group.

 

Meanwhile, Mary excuses herself going to the restroom. While walking, she suddenly bumps into someone.


Chris' POV

 

I got bored talking to this girl. She seems so into me but me, I just don’t care. So I decided to look for my crew members. When I turn to the wine's section I saw Ace talking to Steph. Wait Steph?! Why is he talking to her and it seems she's enjoying his company. I hurriedly approach them. "Hey! Ace," I tap his shoulder and look at him and then with Steph having an eye to eye contact. "You came." I smirk at her and showed once again my dimple smile. "Why didn't you text me that you're here already?" Steph just smile shortly and didn't answer my question. "You know each other?" Ace suddenly blurted out and smiled. "Yes. She's a Nursing student in our school and I invited her." Steph nodded. "Cool! You both know each other." Ace said. "If you excuse me, I'll just look for my friend." She smiled and turn around being awkward not with Ace but with me? I kept on looking at her as she headed  towards the restroom. I feel that she's been bothered with something. I don't know why.


Steph's POV

 

I breathe hard. My heart seems to explode. My heart beat was increased by 1000000000000000. If it was real I'm dead. I  walk faster and fan myself out.

 

While walking, away in the wine section, I saw Mary talking with a guy. So I approach her. "Mary! Where have you been? And who's him?" I asked. "Sorry Steph. He's Daniel by the way. He's one of the Dancek Crew. We bump to each other awhile ago." Mary answered.

 

---

 

"Ladie's and Gentlemen we are gathering here today to celebrate our victory! Go _ University!" The MC cheered and the music blast up to the fullest and caught our attention. Ace and Daniel flinch. Daniel excused himself and Ace for awhile. We saw them talking and they called out for their other crew members. Now I saw Chris with them and the other two members. What are they talking about? And I saw some staffs even the MC looking excited. I wonder why.  "Now this is all we are waiting for! Girls be ready!!! Prepare yourselves! OKAY?! Let's start the 'Dance with me' with! THE DANC(E)K CREW!!!" The mc cheered the crowd enthusiastically. Me and Mary hold our breath. What?! Why? Dance with me? what do the mc mean? "All the crew, find a girl you wanted to dance with. GOGOGO wooooohooooo" The MC cheered louder and smiled at them then the dancek crew started to spread out. I look at Chris. OMG he's going my way! But suddenly he was surrounded by numbers of girls. I can't see him as I keep on glancing where he is in the crowd full of girls. Suddenly someone so close blocked my view. Ace, he suddenly asks me, "Will you dance with me?" I was stunned by his question. I became nervous. He's asking me. And he's giving his hands for me to hold and go to the dance floor. I can't say no. I don't know. Where is Chris. I glance behind Ace's back. Chris has a partner already. I got sad as I hold onto Ace's hand quite tightly. And he thinks that I accepted it. Oh no. I wanted to reject him and just seat somewhere or probably be gone here. But the thought of it feels bad too. It's not right for me to turn him down so I smiled at him and proceeded to the dance floor going with the flow. He flashes his white teeth at me. He's a very cool and good looking guy. I take a look at Mary. He's with Daniel. OMO she's with him. We're both chosen. I feel my stomach having butterflies. This is embarassing. What are we going to do now? I blush as we came nearer the center stage. Me together with the other chosen girls are at the stage now. I look at Mary. She's far away from me. And what's with the spot light. This is so embarassing. Really. Very. Then the music starts. One by one the danc(e)k crew started to approach us. Chris, Nathan, Ace, Kevin, and Daniel are walking in a straight line coming for us. I feel dizzy as I watch Chris coming. He's looking at me but he just passed me by. He didn't even smile. He was cold. When he glance at me for awhile with expressionless face. I feel bad. He ignores me. I felt my heart crushed. When I felt Ace's hands touched my chin and make me look at him his gesture alarm me. He look straight into my eyes. "Don't be nervous Steph. I got you just watch me. Don't frown. The audience will suspect something is wrong. Okay?” He flashes me again his white pearls. I suddenly felt relaxed. I smile as the dance started.

 

1. Miss Right by BTS

 

As the music goes on, the crew started to do their own step one by one. But I'm only focused on Ace right now. As what he had said awhile ago, I just need to cooperate with him. He's good in dancing. Really good like Chris. He was dancing moving around at me and I was just smiling. He was touching my hair and touching my face. Caressing it. OMO skinship it is! He even touches my waist as he moves his hands from my back down. Resting his hands on my hips. I'm getting nervous as his breath tingling my cheeks, nose touching my face as he sways with the music. He's stares at my eyes going down to my lips. His lips almost an inch into mine. It feels like he was embracing me. He put my arms around his neck and he grips into my waist as I felt myself being drawn into him. The crowd is crazy by now. Girls scream just like fans. Fangirling. They scream since the music started. Ace embraced me tighter as my gaze saw Chris. My feelings are mixed up right now because of Ace and what's just happening right now.

 

Chris, I hope you’ve chosen me. I came all the way here and in the competition because of you.


 

Chris’ POV

 

When the MC announced that we must choose a girl to be our partner as we planned before this 'Dance with me', there’s no other girl came into my mind. Stephanie. I don’t know why and that shouldn’t be happening! Am I falling for her? No! Do I even like her? I don’t know but her presence makes me happy. She makes me happy. Of all the girls out there she’s different. But my playboy heart speaks. No one is enough for me. But I already choose Stephanie of course. Besides, I invited her here.

 

I was at the point of approaching her and just about ask her to dance with me but a lot of girls blocked my way asking to be my partner. Why am I so handsome? I know I’m very good looking guy. I should be happy that this is happening because this proves again that no one can resist me but, I feel irritated. I want to ignore them and go all the to her  and ask her when I saw Ace beats me going towards Steph. WTF! My eyes widened. Don’t tell me he will go and ask her to be his partner?! Damn Ace! Not her! She’s mine! I know her more than you! I got her first!  I'm even the one who invited her here and in our competition earlier.

 

My mind is  bombarding with everything I wanted to think. I'm mad. My blood is boiling. I suddenly lost my mood. I felt that he stole someone very important to me but I don’t want to ruin the night so I just choose anyone who will be my partner. I don’t care who she is.

 

As we are on our way to the stage, I keep on glancing at Steph. I should be the one who’s beside her! Damn those girls who blocked my way! For the first time I wish I was not this handsome. Feeling angry and jealous, I'M JEALOUS!? This can't be. Be cool and  just walk and pass by Steph, ignore her. Yeah~ I ignored her to the fullest. This is just really not one of the nicest parties in my whole life. WTF Ace. You just have to ruined this night!

 

As the music starts, my mood enlightened up a  bit. My crew started to dance in front of their partner using their own steps and style. I just do my moves, not so really interested to my partner but when I glance at Ace and Steph, my blood goes up to my head as I saw how he dance at her touching her so close. I hate what I'm feeling like now. I want to rip Ace into pieces! I feel like I need to punch Ace's face. DAMN! HE JUST NEEDS TO BE ’N CLOSE WITH HER! 

 

This feeling of being jealous. I really don't like it. 

2. Chris Brown - Party Hard/Cadillac Interlude (Feat. Se7en)

I’m boiling with anger now. As I hear the second song I feel like bursting.  It has to be my favorite song and seeing her dancing with another man instead of me ticks me off more. With my favorite song?! These feeling is so foreign to me. I don’t like this. I started to dance eagerly and started touching my partner. Doing my own unique and seductive moves, all the eyes of the people including my crew and their partners are into me now. I started to touch my partner’s waist, pulled her closer with me and kiss her cheek and close my eyes. Yeah this girl likes what I’m doing to her. The crowd started to shout and that gave me a feeling that I must do more plus the scene on what Ace’s have done to Steph keeps replaying on my mind. I stand on my partners back and started touching her thigh while my other hand is on her waist and my face is on her neck. I look at Steph with a cold look and smirk. I can see her expression that she didn’t like what I was doing to my partner. I just ignore her again and continue dancing. Music is coming to an end; I stand in front of my partner and tease them that I am going to kiss her on the lips. Crowd started to shout again and I just smile teasingly and look at my crews. I look at Steph for the last time I kissed my partner passionately. The crowd becomes crazy because of what I did, my crew gets wild and run’s to me and gave me high five. “Man! You’re totally one of a kind!” Kevin shouted. “Yeah! Those moves are awesome!” Nathan said as they all hug me.

When I glance on where Steph is, I only see her coming down from the stage in a hurry while her friend, Mary chases her.