Chapter 3: Knowing You

2:1 (Two is to one)

 

Stephanie’s POV

After my class I went straight ahead in my house. I am full of thoughts regarding what happened earlier and knowing I got already his number. I know I’m a girl and I shouldn’t be the first one to make a move but I need to approach him. I need to talk to him and get to know him somehow, oh if he knows how much he looks like Kim Jaejoong. Ofcourse he doesn’t know him and I feel so pathetic! Will I ever learn regarding about this love. I always end up being hurt and get into situation of having unrequited love more than that I’m such a hopeless romantic kind of girl. I hate being like this! I hate it. But God knows how much I will try hard and love again until I find the one for me. I hope he will find me someday and I will find him.

I sat on the couch and started to think about what I will do about his number. I should tell him the truth. I was so nervous at the same time. I am so attracted to him. But I don’t want to be in love with him knowing that I’ll love him because he looks like my celebrity crush/love. Why is it happening again? This is just the beginning of my crush to crushed heart. I sighed.

I should make a move then. I browse and find his number I texted him “Hi.” It takes so long before he replied. I’m about to fall asleep in the couch when I heard the sound of my cellphone with its message alert tone of Jae’s voice. 'Honey you got a mail~~ ding-ding-ding.' I sat up quickly and started to read the message. I’m so nervous. He replied and to be honest I got excited as well. I blushed all of a sudden remembering how he looks like. O, my God this can’t be happening is he for real. Is he the one for me? Lord I will wait. I read his reply for me “Who is this?” He said. “This is Steph by the way. Uhmm Stephanie. I was the one who wanted to have your number but my bestfriend got it for me instead. The one who talked to you awhile ago this afternoon.” Oh crap I’m being too honest with this man. Why? I don’t want to lie anyway. I hate this feeling I’m too serious which was so not me. I smiled. I hope he will be friends with me somehow. I need to be positive! I said to myself and well my bestfriend always cheer me up and keep on reminding me about being positive besides she wanted me to be honest with him. So here it goes.

We started to talk through text and able to communicate well and it was nice texting him and he was texting me back. His name was Chris and his full name is Christopher. What a nice name! I like it. It was funny too. I dreamed about him before because I don’t know him and it all started the first day I lay my eyes on him. Sure he was perfect like Jaejoong.

I was so fascinated as well because his birthday is the same with Yunho. I squealed with that fact. February 6. OMG! I’m so in my fandom right now. But wait, I thought. With his looks and birthday he’s so like DBSK ehem YunJae. I’m so into him right now I giggled at the same time.


 

Chris’s POV

I'm with my friends right now having some blast this night drinking this, drinking that. O how I love my life. Young wild and free. I mumbled to myself. Together with my current girlfriend I smirked and started to smoke as I glance at her clinging on my shoulder and having some blast too. She was drunk. What the hell. Do I even love her? Hell no. Do I like her? Well I guess. I don’t know. I don’t last with girls anyways. I know I’m a player. I don’t take relationships too seriously. By next week I’ll be with another girl. I’ll dump her maybe tomorrow or later. I finished the whole stick of my cigarette as I started to take off her hands on me which she clasped on me like forever. I started to drink and finish the whole bottle up. My girlfriend frowned and started to furrow her eyebrows and she looks annoyed by my behavior towards her. “Hey, baby what’s wrong?” She suddenly faced me and held my face with her two hands and she caressed it first then she kissed me. I kissed her back. I like what she just did to me but I feel nothing at all. I loosen her grip on me and started to walk away setting aside the bottle that I just finished before she gets cozy with me. “Chris!!!!” She shouted. I keep walking and she ran behind me and hugs me. She started to cry “We’re over.” That’s what the last thing I said to her and released her grip on me before walking away.

I heard something beep in my pocket. I’m expecting someone to text me. I smirked. I guess I’m up for my new girlfriend and I started to text back. It’s just not one message anyway. I got 23 and plus, Exciting! I got some missed calls too. What a great life I had. I look bad but no I’ll just go with the flow with this. “I love my life.” I mumbled once more.

While walking as I went ahead straight to my car I noticed that someone is following me. I held my cellphone tightly then all of a sudden the woman which exactly my ex-girlfriend appears in front of me and snatch away my phone from me. "IS THIS ALL THE GIRLS YOU ARE FLIRTING WITH?!!" She screamed. She's gone insane, I told her already we're over, we're through. Ahh I know she will have a hard time  forgetting about me. As what I always say to myself and to my friends before and maybe even until now. 'I'm easy to get but hard to forget' I grinned. "What are you laughing about?! Okay laugh about what I will do to this bunch of girls of yours." She looks annoyed with hurt and bitterness plastered on her face. what will she gonna do? I started to get alarmed. She started to reply on one of the ‘GirlsFallingOverMe’ list who I was texting with. My eyes widened as I saw her already sent the message she typed. In horror I snatched quickly away my phone from her. "I TOLD YOU WE'RE OVER! Do you think I'm serious about my relationships with girls? Do you think I'm serious with you?! Well you're wrong!" I looked at her coldly as I glared at her. "I never loved you, okay! So back off and don't let me see your face ever again got that!?" I walked away passing her and quickly got inside my car and started the engine and drove away. I called my friend. "Kevin, I left already don't worry I'm not drunk. Augh I hate that woman." I blurted out. "Chris, I guessed it already awhile ago as I observed you two. You broke up with her?? Gawd man you're too fast. I thought you like her? How will you find your true love like that?". I heard my friend laugh as I keep my eye on the road. "Kev, you know me. I got bored already with her and it's been 2 weeks since we hooked up. You know me and we talked about this before." I paused for awhile and take a deep breath "Someday I'll find the right one for me." I turned the wheel of my car. "Anyway I'll go straight ahead to my dorm. Take care guys and don't get too drunk." I told him. My friends are like brothers to me. "Okay man, take care of yourself too." I sighed as I hunged up.


Steph's POV

She felt her heart being crushed as she got her reply from Chris. She was sitting on the couch in the living room. She felt so bad. Not again. I'm so not me right now. I texted him as I asked him straight forwarded questions. I feel so ashamed as well. I texted him if he got a girlfriend already. Unfortunately he has already. And I'm shocked his girlfriend texted me back using his phone.

'You!  Get away from my boyfriend! You're such a flirt saying that he looks great and everything! GET A LIFE !'

I bit my lip as tears started to fall. I immediately answered back. I'm shocked. My heart feels like it was torn apart by her words.

'Don't worry I understand, I'm not what you think I am. I do respect your relationship with him and I'm sorry. I'll not bother you guys'

I quickly deleted his number and put my phone away from me. This is so pathetic as I stared on my phone. I knew it we're not meant to be. From the very first time that I wanted to approach him. It’s just not meant to be. I quickly stands up and entered the bathroom and take a shower. I need to clear my mind. Stupid me. And I'm a ?! I closed my eyes trying to forget what the girl said to me through text.


 

Chris's POV

I lay myself on my bed as I entered my room. I closed my eyes and started to find my phone in my pocket. I opened my eyes and read one of my messages. ! This is the girl I just texted awhile ago. We started to get along with each other actually. I find it amazing how she became too honest with me. I think she was flirting so I ride on it. But hell no as I read her last message:

 

'Don't worry I understand, I'm not what you think I am. I do respect your relationship with him and I'm sorry. I'll not bother you guys'

 

This is wrong. Wait why do I feel wrong? It’s just another random girl but I don't want to leave a bad impression on her. So I texted her back:

 

'Hey uhmm Steph, sorry about my girlfriend. She's drunk and she snatched my phone away from me. Sorry once again.'

 

What?! I remembered her name. I just read her name once when I got her reply and asking who this is. I even told her she's still my girlfriend. I don't usually remember names especially with girls that I just texted randomly for the first time. It just automatically appeared on my mind as my thumb works on pressing the buttons. Weird. I felt this way nowadays since I saw the girl who cried in the restaurant last week. She's weird and this is weird. "Stephanie." I whispered her name one last time before I closed my eyes and fallen asleep.


 

Steph's POV

I don't care right now what happened last night. I talked about this to my father. I cried on him as he embraced me and cradled me into his arms. I'm the youngest in our family. I have two older sisters. I'm the only one left studying so they pamper me this much. I remember exactly what my father told me about love. As a father he tells me to prioritized my studies first and forget about being in love. In the end I'll find the right one for me, my true love to be exact but for now I should ignore my feelings because it may cause distractions on my studies. I sobbed hard on his chest. "Papa, my heart really hurts. I don't know why I felt this way but I feel like my heart is being torn apart." Being hurt again once more I needed my fathers’ warmth. He touched the back of my head and caressed it. "I told you, you must not love this kind of man. He has someone else in his heart and you should study first. Arasso?" I feel so sad and depressed. I know I'm not yet in love with him but the fact that it happened again. I'm not yet in love still I'm hurting this much again. History just keeps on repeating itself. I snuggled on my father’s chest and closed my eyes trying to ease the pain I'm feeling just for this night.

 

I ignore his text messages for me and I don't know why but he keeps on sending me various messages or group messages. Maybe he's a player? I started to conclude since he said it already he has a girlfriend and should be ignoring me from the very start.

 

*At the restaurant*

I stared depressingly at my food as I hear my bestfriend talk about dbsk. She's talking about updates and current situation of the boys. I just keep on sighing as she look straight at me and questioned me all of a sudden about Chris. "I knew it Steph! I knew it! You look so down. It's about Jaejoong's look-a-like am I right?" I just look down at the table and started to eat the food. "Steph just give it a chance. Be friends with him! Talk to him or text him atleast. This is a great opportunity for the two of you!" She started to give me advice. Actually I like it when someone gives me advice especially from people who are close to me and this is Mary, my bestfriend.

 

"Mary do you think it will be okay? I mean I'm quite embarrased just by texting him. Besides he has a gf already." I frowned and pouted at the same time. "O~ don't you worry. Just be positive. Nothing is impossible and think about it Steph. It's better to be friends than strangers." She smiled at me and gave me a positive look. "I guess." I smiled back.


Jaejoong's POV

(Japan)

After our 'Stand by You' performance which I heard it will be our last performance as five. We headed all straight back into our changing rooms. I glance at Yunho and Changmin. Both of them are quiet not even speaking to us. As if we're just winds. I know they can definitely feel us but they keep on ignoring us. Not speaking of any words. They keep on nodding. Not even saying 'hi' or 'hellos' to us. Somehow we need to acknowledge our presence to each other but this time it’s different.

Our last conversation when we’re still in the company Sment and we had a great fight, me and Yunho. I felt so bad back then. But I guess our decision is made and we will never go back in that company.  But I want to go back as we used to be together.

We never talked that way again. The time we speak at each other without awkwardness like just we used to before.

This started since we filed lawsuit against SMent. I know we three have to do this in order to protect ourselves.

It's such a long story how we end up filing the lawsuit. I felt so down. My 'Dong Bang Shin Ki' my life, my family. I love them so much. The four of them. It's painful it turns out this way.

This is our last performance as 'Tohoshinki' together and sooner our BigEastation will have its final episode. Our radio program will end soon.

*Flashback*

"Hyung, what's this?" Yunho said while giving me the papers about cancelling our future schedules. It's in the folder with the statement of our lawsuit. I talked with this about my lawyer and also Yoochun and Junsu filed the same with me. I heard Hankyung from Super Junior filed also about this case.

I thought the two of them will be on our side too. I thought they will also file a lawsuit against SMent. I thought we're all in this together. I was shocked and held the papers in my hands clenching it tightly as I stared at it. Yunho intently gazed into me waiting to hear my answer about it. "Jaejoong hyung..." He broke our silence as I keep staring at the papers in my hands. I don't know what to say since the three of us continued filing the lawsuit against SMent. "I never thought of this to come... I thought we will be in this together. The five of us continue to perform and just- Just be together." His eyes piercing at me and gazed at me. As a leader he felt irresponsible to see what will happen to our group, to us if this will go further. Thinking SMent will do anything about this huge chaos thinking it will affect the company badly.

Especially for our group. We were legend as they say and having 800,000 official fans here in Korea. My Cassiopeia. Without them we're nothing. We are truly grateful for their undying love for us. I closed my eyes thinking what will be the great damage and heartache that my Cassies, our Cassies to bear. I kept the pain. It hurts me as well. And I know all of us feel the same way. Thinking about it breaks me. We are legend as they say but we don't think something like that. We performed because of our fans not because of the sake of just performing as if it's merely just a job and nothing more.

This lawsuit will definitely can break us. It pains me even more to think about that. Everything that happened in my life which is painful and unbearing. This one can literally break me. Break me as if I'll die. This is not easy for us. It's not really easy.

Taking in all his pride for our group. Yunho said something that I will never forget. He called our other members as well to come over and meet the two of us as we talked about this matter.

When the three arrives in the room. As they taken the seat Yunho started to speak. "DBSK needs to be protected. Changmin and I talked about this. Since we did not and will never file lawsuit against SMent," Yunho has taken a deep breath closing his eyes as if he doesn't want to open it anymore. He clenches his fist. "We can separate as the three of you wished and leave SMent. We will continue to perform as DBSK. And WE WILL DEFINITELY STAY HERE even if you can't. We will continue performing as DONGBANGSHINKI. Even if it means it’s just the two of us. Only me and Changmin." His tone was hard. His eyes were watery staring and looking at the four of us. We were shocked hearing all of this from him. Our leader who promised we will be together even if it takes forever. He just said earlier he wants us to be together but what is he doing right now. What is this Yunho? Why are you talking about us being seperated?! Why?! I stood up from my sitting position glaring at Yunho both Yoochun and Junsu held me from my arms as I pointed at Yunho and shouted at him. "You, Yunho! What are you saying!? I thought we talked about this before?! We will move out altogether in this SMent hell! this company for treating us so unfairly. Still you want to stand for them rather than us your friends?! Your brothers??! YOUR FAMILY!?" I can't take it anymore. I walked out as I breathed hard saying all this things. Yoochun and Junsu glared at Yunho being disappointed and hurt.

Changmin started to tear up as he kept his head down from seeing us fight. Breaking. Yoochun and Junsu stepped out also with pain in their hearts carrying the memories we've all shared being together. Loving each other as brothers... 

 

The three of us never came back in that company since then.

 

*End of Flashback*


 

 

Yunho stared as the tears fell from his eyes. Clenching his fist tighter. Changmin stood up and patted Yunho's shoulder with his right hand crying as well. Taking in all that happened to them. Looking at the painful sight. Changmin understands Yunho so much that leaving him this moment will be not an option. Yunho has a big pride. He doesn't cry. He doesn't break easily and fall down. He doesn't let his feelings out so easily. He's strong when it comes to problems and unfortunate events or things that will happen but not now. You can definitely see in his eyes. He was hurt also. DBSK is just too important to him. Because of this being one of the member of DBSK, they got reunited. The five of them. Even in hardships like this he just can't let go. "Hyung, I'll stay beside you and I won't leave. Let's be strong hyung. D-don't worry-". Yunho suddenly spoken as his back facing Changmin gazing at his side still sitting. "We'll do this together Changmin. The two of us will work hard. From now on DBSK has only two members." Changmin's eyes widened. "Hyung, what-" Changmin was cutted again by Yunho. "If you want to be with them just leave me." Changmin was hoping this is just a bad dream and wishing he can woke up from this dreadthful nightmare. "No hyung. I'll stay with you." He made up his mind. He can't leave his hyung like this. He don't know what will he do to himself if he will leave him as well. "Remember its just only the two of us now." Changmin responded "I know hyung."

 

~~~~~~

Hello there reader's! Sorry for not updating this fic for almost 1 year. The authors are busy

reviewing because they're taking the Board Exam. This is base on a true story right? Hehehe

I hope you can still support this fic eventhough it was not updated for a long time. :) And btw,

new characters are coming soon! So please wait for it. ^_^

~addictedtotvxq