BUT NICELY...

COFFEE, TEA OR ME?

Junsu was out at the front of the café, waiting for someone, someone who has been a part of his life before and whom he wanted to be a part of his life now… Ri In.

 

He called her late last night, asking her to hang out with him, since it was his day off, Ri In agreed to it and they agreed to meet each other at the café.

 

Junsu was holding a small picnic box, which contains a freshly baked chiffon cake he planned to share with Ri In during their day out.

 

JUNSU (excited tone): Ri In! You made it! I was beginning to think you were going to stand me up!

RI IN (smiling): hahahaha not a chance! So, where do you want to go today?

JUNSU: for starters, let’s spend it as far from the nosy hyungs and maknae as possible, please.

RI IN: hmmmm… okay, how about we go to the park then later go visit the aquarium?

JUNSU (acting like a kid): oooohhhh… sounds good! Do I get to see the dolphins then?

RI IN (laughing out loud): you do remember that your classmates tease you of being a DOLPHIN BOY, because of your high squeak right?

 

Junsu tried it… Ri In laughed. They went inside the café to say goodbye to both Jae and Yoochun, who were busy with the opening shift.

 

JUNSU: Jae-hyung! We’re going already! Chun the pastries are in the ref, there are enough for today… just in case we run out of them there are some in the pantry, okay?

JAE: someone’s going on a date!

YOOCHUN: take care you two love birds! (Giving Ri In thumbs up!)

JUNSU: shut up! Hyung why not ask Dara-noona out so that you stop bothering me!? And as for you Chunnie… you should plan what you’re going to wear for the wedding! Bye!

 

Junsu left the two guys with their mouths wide open, as he walked out of the café victorious. Junsu and Ri In then went off and headed for the park.

 

Yunho entered the café scratching his right eye.

 

JAE (turning his head from right to left, as if looking for someone): YAH! Where’s Changmin?

YUNHO: he dropped Minji off at Chaerin’s studio; she’s practicing for her auditions tomorrow.

YOOCHUN (in a teasing manner): and you know Chaerin has a dance studio because…

 

Yunho stuck his tongue out and rolled his eyes upward as he put the chairs down from the table.

 

At the PARK…

Junsu prepared the mat and the picnic basket and laid out what he prepared for the two of them.

 

RI IN: looks like you’ve planned everything.

JUNSU: well not everything, I let you decide where we’re going though.

RI IN: what is it this time? (Referring to the small box containing whatever Junsu prepared for them, as she sat on the mat across from him)

JUNSU (opened the box and let her take a look at it): here… a chiffon cake, I couldn’t bake something more special cause I lack time… hope you like it! 

RI IN: “anything you prepare is special to me Junsu”

 

Ri In smiled as they shared the cake and the tea Junsu brought with him while they relaxed at the park, watching people passing by, just doing their own thing. A family having a picnic, friends hanging out by the lake, lovers walking hand in hand, a group of friends doing some exercise by the grounds, and kids playing on the playground.

 

Junsu was enjoying the day so far, the two were talking about their everyday things, and the school days they shared. When they finished eating, they decided to head for the aquarium, much to the delight of Junsu. They bought an ALL-DAY pass so they can experience everything the Aquarium has to offer.

 

JUNSU: where are the dolphins?!

RI IN (shaking her head): calm down… you’re acting like you’ve never seen one before!

JUNSU: I haven’t seen a live dolphin before… that’s why I’m so excited!

 

Junsu acted like a kid given his favorite toy on his birthday as they followed their guide towards the tank where the dolphins were. The moment Junsu saw the dolphins swim in front of him, it was for him the most exciting and happiest he has ever been. Unconsciously he reached out for Ri In’s hand and held on tight as he watched the dolphin do some tricks. The trainer of the dolphins saw the two and Junsu’s reaction to the mammal and called out to them so that they can have an encounter with it.

 

TRAINER (waving her hand to the two): c’mon you two love birds! Why don’t you join me here and give them a pat!?

 

Ri In blushed seeing their hands holding together, Junsu just smiled and held onto her hand while they walk towards the trainer. The trainer taught them the commands and they happily did it as the dolphins obediently executed every move. Junsu squeaked at the dolphin, trying to imitate their sound, much to the delight of the trainer who laughed along with Ri In.

 

TRAINER: you’re so lucky to have him as a boyfriend… he’s so handsome and nice… anyone who loves animals are good people.

 

As they looked at Junsu playing with the dolphins, twirling around and around.

 

RI IN: he’s not my boyfriend… (She shook her head vigorously while turning a shade of red)

TRAINER: but you two seem like a couple awhile ago… holding hands.

RI IN: we decided to start off as friends first… take things slow… get to know one another again.

TRAINER: I bet you’ve got yourself so many competitions… he’s good looking no doubt about that!

 

Just that moment, Junsu walked towards them and grab hold of Ri In’s hand

 

JUNSU: c’mon, join me! It’s fun when they splash the water! (Smiling so happily while he was dripping wet from the playfulness of the dolphins)

RI IN: Junsu! You’re all wet! (Laughing as she pointed out his shirt, which was clinging perfectly on his toned body) You’re acting like a kid… and you look like one!

JUNSU: I only act like this when I’m with you…

 

Junsu then looked at his shirt drenched wet… he took it off and squeezed the excess water from it and wore it again.

 

JUNSU: there now I’m not dripping wet… he he he.

RI IN: but still wet!

 

Ri In the joined Junsu as they played with the dolphins more while the Trainer looked over at the two enjoying the experience.

 

At the CAFÉ…

Changmin arrived from the dance studio owned by Chaerin where Minji was doing her practice for the audition held the next day.

 

JAE: finally the prince has arrived! (Teasing Min in a mocking tone as he threw him an apron)

MIN (noticing Yoochun who was smiling all by himself at the pastry counter): what’s up with Yoochun-hyung?

YUNHO: love struck!

MIN: with whom? (as he tied his apron and joined Jae at the counter)

 

Just then at that moment, MAMA arrived together with Dara.

 

MAMA: ahhh… a busy coffee shop means a good business!

JAE, MIN, HO: good morning MAMA! (As the three approached MAMA and gave her a group hug)

 

Yoochun heard the commotion and broke out of his trance and went and join them on hugging MAMA.

 

MAMA (looking intently at Yoochun): that’s a different smile you’re wearing Chun-ah! You have a good aura around you, that’s nice!

DARA: YAH! Why are you all ignoring me?! I’m here too you know!? (In a joking manner as she pouted)

MIN: Dara-noona annyeong! (Waving at Dara happily)

YUNHO, CHUN: Hello Dara-noona!

JAE: attack of the weirdo (he then made the alien greeting gesture with his hand) I come in peace!

DARA (rolling her eyes upward): look who’s talking! Wait, where’s Junsu? (Shoving Jae’s hand away from her face)

YOOCHUN: it’s his day off today… he has a date!

JAE: again… acting as if you’re close with him… as if Junsu would tell you!

DARA: hah! I am close to Junsu! I know he’s having a day out with Ri In, but he never mentioned they were going out this early… I also know that Yunho is interested in a certain girl named Chaerin, Yoochun is close with my friend Bom and Changmin and Minji are childhood friends! And as for you feminine-looking weirdo, you are still weird, rude and loud!

JAE: you’re talking about weird?! Look at that hair style of yours! Palm-tree, feather-duster! Hmph!

DARA: look who’s talking… you look like an apple with your hair tied up like that! HAH!

 

MAMA looked a bit worried at their exchange of words, she was about to intervene when the boys sat beside her and assured her.

 

YUNHO: don’t worry about them MAMA…

YOOCHUN: the bickering couple has begun already!

MIN: Yunho-hyung… you like Chaerin-noona?

 

Yunho turned red and got tongue-tied…

 

YUNHO: huh? Not really… just interested in her that’s all.

MIN: by the way she reminded me about her invitation for Feb. 28… she told me that it’s a must that we attend it.

YOOCHUN: but then if we all go… no one will be left to man the shop.

 

MAMA smiled after hearing the event and looked eerily at the bickering couple as if she was brewing something suspicious in her head.

 

MAMA: I know what to do… leave those two alone to work… (Looking at Jae and Dara who were still arguing and the topic has now become about cups)

YUNHO: MAMA, I don’t think that’s a good idea!

MIN: they might scare the customers away with their constant quarreling.

YOOCHUN: we might lose our jobs… because of their shouting at each other (looking worriedly)

MAMA: don’t worry boys… it will turn out for the good… they’ll get along somehow…DARA! JAEJOONG!

 

The two stopped shouting at each other and both hurriedly raced towards MAMA acting like a bunch of kids.

 

DARA: what is it NANA?

 

The two were looking expectantly at MAMA, waiting for her to speak.

 

MAMA: I am assigning the two of you… Dara and Jaejoong, night duty starting tomorrow… I will not entertain any questions regarding this matter… no buts, no ifs!

 

Jae was supposed to open his mouth and protest but was silenced by MAMA’s serious and strict stare.

 

MAMA: everyday starting tomorrow… you two alone are going to be in charge of the closing shift… and I am giving you a target sales… you have to reach it by the end of this month… ARASSO? (Looking strict with her brow raised and arms crossed over her chest)

DARA: NANA! Why with him? (Turning her back on JAE)

JAE: MAMA, there’s a party on the 28th (he then pouted) it’s impossible with her… I’d rather work alone. (Turning his back on DARA as well)

MAMA: Dara, Jae is the senior barista here, he has trained under me… working with him is like training under me. And Jae, Dara has studied overseas… you can also learn from her… end of discussion. (She then stood up and patted Min’s shoulder) that was a good brew Min, take it easy on the stirring… c’mon Dara… we have some shopping to do.

 

At the AQUIARIUM…

JUNSU: thank you Ri In for thinking of this place… I’ve never had this much fun! Thank you so much! (As he turned around and around in the pathway overlooking different fish tanks)

RI IN: thank you, for remembering me Junsu… thank you… (She said in a low voice as she watched Junsu marvel at the different species of fish displayed in the aquarium)

JUNSU: isn’t it a small world? You are a cousin of Yoochun, who would’ve known? (He then sat beside her)

RI IN: it really was a shock to me too… well more of like a good shock if you know what I mean! I already knew then, I was always waiting for you to remember me. Then a month ago, my mom had a visitor, the visitor showed her picture of her sister who ran away at the age of 16, she saw that her sister had a husband and son. Then she heard the news of her death, she kept looking for him (Yoochun), but no one knew where he was. Then this visitor came and told us that Park Yoochun is her nephew, my cousin. When I got home from work that day, my mom told me about it and I recognized Yoochun in an instant. I mean, who wouldn’t? You’re famous among the female population. That’s when I started sending and leaving him notes and messages on the WALL.

JUNSU: oh I see… and here I though you’re just a er for desserts… I also thought you liked Chun!

RI IN: I know this is a very personal question… but I’ve been dying to find out… how are you now? (Looking straight at Junsu)

JUNSU: I’m fine now really. I have a FAMILY now… composed of 3 hyungs and a maknae. Never have I lived a dull moment since then, and now that I finally met you again, it seems like everything is falling into place. I’m quite happy right now, especially I saw dolphins live! (Started squeaking like a dolphin which made Ri In laugh)

 

At the DANCE STUDIO…

CL: you’re really good Minzy… you have smooth moves… cool, y, and very seductive! You should join the party on the 28th okay… I’ll give you special pass even though you’re under age hehehe. That’s also a birthday party for me!

MINJI: thank you unnie! Are Min-oppa and the others going too?

CL: I do hope so… (She then sat beside Minji who was resting on the dance floor) say… are you close with the oppas at the café?

MINJI: well not really, only met them yesterday, but they are good oppas, Jae-oppa is weird but nice, Junsu-oppa is cute, Yoochun-oppa is sweet…

CL: oh I see… what about Yunho-sshi?

MINJI: hmmm well he’s a hard one on the outside but Dara-unnie mentioned yesterday that he has been practicing really hard… dancing I mean…. But he seems nice. Do you like him?

CL: he seems fresh… so distant… so hard to approach, but there was one time when I saw him with a cute face… the day when Jae-oppa about practicing.

MINJI: hmmm I hope you don’t mind me saying… but I just think you two are compatible or something… I don’t know, it’s just what I feel!

CL: how? We? Yunho-sshi and me? Compatible?

MINJI: uh-huh… because you give off the same feeling I felt when I first met Yunho-oppa; protected, safe… warm… like no one can harm me. That sort of feeling… like a mother or father.

CL: so you feel like… we are your parents? Yunho-sshi and me?

MINJI: somewhat like that… but I have yet to see the two of you together to confirm what I feel.

CL: can I let you in on a secret? (Minji leaned closer looking attentively) I only noticed Yunho-sshi these past few days when he shouted out his name one night. Ever since then, I don’t know… I would frequent the café… even using my event to get to talk to him and invite him…

MINJI: Chaerin-unnie… to put it simply… you like Yunho-oppa!

CL: Aish! You brat! Go back and practice again… you only have an hour to go! (She stated while ruffling Minji’s hair and smile as she pushed her towards the center of the dance floor and put the volume on loud and played her own mix of songs)

 

At the CAFÉ…

Yoochun was busy exchanging text messages with Bom, he found her replies amusing which was accompanied by emoticons and expressions ^^… then

RRRRINGGGGG…. RRRRINGGGGGG…. Yoochun’s cell phone rang… it was Bom calling.

 

CHUN: hello?

BOM: Chun… I need another favor…

CHUN: what is it?

BOM: well… I don’t know how to say this… and it’s a last minute thing… Mico and Michelle…

CHUN: what about them?

BOM: well one of their entourage has gotten the viral flu… they needed a replacement… with the wedding only weeks from now… they couldn’t find someone else… can you fill in?

CHUN: Bom… I’d be glad to but… I don’t even know them… why not other friends of theirs?

BOM: wait okay!? We’ll come to the coffee shop later and talk. I’ll introduce you to them… please… got to go! See you later! Bye!

Then the line went dead.

YOOCHUN: “Huh… not only an at the wedding but also a filler? WAIT?! THEY ARE COMING HERE?!”

=O=O=O=O=O

hope you'll like it...

will try to post another chapter after finishing it...