SUDDENLY I'M BRIGHT AND BREEZY...

COFFEE, TEA OR ME?

 

The following morning, everyone was already at the shop, busily preparing for the seminar of Ri In’s company.

 

They divided the workload, with Junsu, Jae and Dara handling the snack and main dish to be served, Yoochun was in charge of brewing the coffee, Changmin and Yunho arranged the shop for the seminar.

 

JAE (whispering to Dara): is it really true? Chun and Bom are together?

 

DARA(nodding, while slicing some onions): uh-huh, it really is sweet... thinking of it makes me feel giddy inside!

 

JAE: I haven’t had the chance to talk to him these past 2 days because of the rehearsal dinner and wedding...

 

DARA(looking at Chun’s direction): he seems happy... don’t you think? OUCH!!!! AAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!

 

Dara accidentally cut her index finger.

 

JAE: OH SH*T!!! Hold it tight! Yah! Changmin, hand me the first aid kit will you?

 

MIN: neh... (grabbing the kit by the counter and running hurriedly towards the two)

 

CHUN: there’s a lot of blood noona!

 

SU: omo noona! Kenchana!!??

 

DARA: aaaaahhhhhhh!!! It hurts!!!

 

Jae then applied pressure to the cut as he placed her finger under running water. Dara expected it to hurt alot, but the pain wasn’t there, she was shocked, she then saw Jae now applying medicine then bandage on her finger.

 

JAE: there, all wrapped up! (*kiss)

 

THE BOYS: UWAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

 

MIN: hyung! Too much cheesiness early in the morning!

 

SU: does that count as a kiss? So, it’s the third time already?

 

CHUN: go get a room will you!?

 

JAE: yah! I told you to stop it! Stop with the teasing!

 

YUNHO: arasso! Get back to work!

 

Dara was just left there dumbfounded with a heart beating erratically.

 

Dara and Jae were busy helping Junsu with the plating of the snacks to be served.

 

Jae would tease Dara by blowing on her neck, while Dara in turn will stand frozen on her spot. Dara will then get angry and hit Jae on the arm leaving Junsu to shield himself from  Dara’s attack.

 

SU: noona! Hyung! Stop it! we still have plenty of things to do!

 

DARA: mianhae, Su-ah! Boing boing!

 

SU: boing boing!

 

JAE: yah, stop it! Acting childish and all... I want to do it too! Boing boing!

 

DARA: waaaaahhhh!!!! Andwae! Joongie, no aegyo for you... only Su can do it properly!

 

SU: boing boing!

 

JAE: yah! Junsu! Stop that aegyo attack! Dara is mine!

 

Junsu and Dara stopped their playfulness and stared at Jae.

 

DARA: bwo?!

 

JAE(clearing his throat): yes... you are only mine... to torture with my aegyo attack!!!

 

Junsu gave Jae a side glance and hid a smirk.

 

SU: hyung! You can start serving the first ten plates, it’s ready!

 

JAE: arasso! Su, I’m warning you... no more aegyo... no more angel poses in front of Dara!

 

When Jae was heading out of the mini kitchen carrying the tray...

 

WOMAN: Jae... is that you...

 

A very familiar voice greeted him...

 

FLASHBACK...

 

The woman and Jae were lovers even before he started coming to the shop, they were together since high school.

 

Their relationship was surely headed for a walk down the aisle. They were happy and in love with each other. They know each other’s likes and dislikes, their fears and goals were known to each other.

 

After they graduated from highschool and entered college, both of them were juggling their studies and their training under their parents’ company.

 

The woman’s family own a chain of hotels while Jae’s family is in the food industry. The woman was driven to learn and succeed her father’s business, which made Jae so proud of her. He understood the demands of their current situation. So they decided to give each other space to grow and mature.

 

Jae on the other hand, always had the knack to learn things or pick up things easily, so he had no difficulty in learning the ropes of their company. Their business is in the food industry catering more on beverages and Mama was on the board of directors.

 

As Jae was busy with managing the marketing department while studying, he didn’t know and he didn’t have the time to check on how the woman was doing or how has she been.

 

It has been 2 years of no constant contact, just the usual hello’s and how are you’s... no time to talk about anything else.

 

The woman then experienced a minor setback with their hotels and called Jae one night, so that they could meet.

 

“Jae...” the woman uttered with a sad look on her eyes

 

“I missed you so much! I haven’t had the chance to visit you or even go to your dad’s funeral... minahae” Jae hugged her ever so tightly while rubbing her back

 

“It’s ok... I understand, Jae... I have something to tell you...” the woman trailed with her words

 

“What is it my love? Ahhhh.... I sure miss hugging you like this... you give me strength to endure it much longer.” Jae was still hugging her, with his chin on her head

 

“Jae... the business, it’s suffering... I don’t know what to do... I’m still new at this... I was still learning from dad and he left abruptly!” the woman stated trying to fight off the tears that were threatening to escape her eyes.

 

“It will be alright... shhhh, just work hard... trust Mr. Jung, your father’s right hand, even though he is a bit young... he is much more experienced than the rest of us... he’ll guide you... you’ll get through this... we’ll get through this... you want me to go with you... I have some free time this month, maybe I can be of some help... moral support?” Jae stated now holding the woman’s head facing him, looking sweetly at her.

 

“Ani... Jae” the woman shook her head and pulled away from him

 

“Mian... mian... I thought I was strong... strong enough... I was weak!

 

“My love... what are you talking about? You’re the strongest girl I know!”  Jae smiled trying to encourage her.

 

“That is what I thought too... but” the woman then looked into Jae’s eyes and continued,

 

“When my father got sick, the board saw that as a sign to try and take over the company... we were all under a lot of stress. Bad publicity about deteriorating quality of service was starting to ruin the reputation of the company. To make matters worse dad’s health went downhill from there. I needed support and comfort... I was so weak and vulnerable... I was drowning... I grabbed onto the first one I could hold onto to keep afloat...” the woman explained with tears now escaping from her eyes.

 

“No... tell me... you didn’t...” Jae was shaking his head, trying to find reasoning and searching her face for answers.

 

“Mian...Jae...Mr. Jung... Kael... he was there, you weren’t... especially when I needed someone the most! I know I was wrong... mian... I am not asking for your forgiveness but understanding... so that we can end properly...” the woman stated with her head hang low

 

“You could’ve called me... you know I’ll come running... you know I’ll definitely come... you just needed to call me. AAAAhhhhhh, Cheongmal! You know what’s funny? During those times when you were finding it difficult and with your dad’s health, I was imagining that another guy was comforting you in my place... I told myself, that I’d even thank him for comforting you since I couldn’t be there that time... I’ll forgive you and willingly turn a blind eye... I love you, you know that?” Jae said with shaking voice, he paused for a moment trying to keep calm then continued...

 

“But you know what hurts really bad? Is that you’re just going to end our relationship like that! Not even batting an eyelash, not giving us a chance to fight for our love... but here you are, ending it... just like that!”

 

“It’s not like that! I’m tired Jae...” the woman sighed

 

“Who isn’t? We both are working our asses off so that we could become worthy to stand by each other” Jae reasoned out

 

“We were so young then... thinking everything was so easy and thinking if we work hard enough it’ll all be enough... “ the woman smiled bitterly then turned to face Jae

 

“Jae... I’m getting married”

 

Jae was shocked, he couldn’t find the words and the voice to speak.

 

“Mian... Jae... I have to do this for the sake of saving our company... Kael and I are getting married to make sure of the merger, between his parent’s company and ours...” the woman stated while crying and kneeling in front of him.

 

Jae just stared back at her coldly...

 

“I’m sorry too... let’s not look for each other anymore...”

 

Jae walked out and left the woman crying... that was when he ended up drinking his sorrows away and was drunk almost every night.

 

His father just let him be until Mama took him under her wing, asking his father for permission that Mama would take care of Jae.

 

Whenever Jae was out cold due to drunkenness, his driver will always send Jae to Mama’s coffee shop as Mama prepares him coffee for his hangover.

 

That was when Jae became curious of brewing coffee. Because whenever he takes a sip of a cup of Mama’s coffee... his pain goes away and all that’s left is a warm feeling of home.

 

END OF FLASHBACK

 

WOMAN: Jae... is that you...

 

Jae stood frozen for awhile then blinked...

 

JAE: Annyeong... Tiffany...

 

 

====o=o=o=o=====

 

kinda short but i just felt like updating... hope you like it 

 

"falling in love... falling in love..."