GETTING TO LIKE YOU...

COFFEE, TEA OR ME?

@ the Café

Bom was drinking coffee in the BOOKLOVER’s Section when she saw a familiar face…

BOM: Ssantokki?!

DARA: Bomtaro?!

BOM: Ssantokki!

DARA: Bomtaro!

The two hugged each other happily and excitedly sat beside each other, chatting and catching up.

DARA: so how are you and Mico? Are you still together?

BOM: Dara-sshi… we were never together… remember… I was just a close friend… sometimes I thought I was just a mere acquaintance…

DARA: what makes you say that?! He hasn’t asked you out yet?

BOM: he is getting married…

(she then sighed and looked at Dara, as she tried to fight off the tears)

DARA: WHAT?! You are getting married to him?! (trying to misunderstand the situation)

BOM: no… he’s not getting married with me… he is getting married to Michelle… remember her… my officemate?

DARA: what happened?

[Dara felt bad… she knew how much Bom liked Mico… she can still see the pain in Bom’s eyes…]

Bom told Dara what went on… she introduced Michelle to Mico when they were waiting for a ride home one night when it was raining. After that night, the two got closer together and were inseparable… Bom knew Mico the longest and yet they only have this platonic relationship, sometimes they are so formal with each other, however Mico only met Michelle about a month ago and then they became close and were more than that in the span of one month… Bom knew Mico loves Michelle and vice versa… though she feels bitter about it… there was nothing she can’t do… but wait for time to heal the wounds.

Just when everything was going fine… Bom was starting to accept that Michelle was who Mico loves another earth shattering news hit her… she received an invitation… A WEDDING INVITATION… to their wedding… and to add insult to injury… they made her the MAID OF HONOR!!!

@ CHANGMIN’S HOUSE, his bedroom

CHANGMIN: “Kiss… her lips on my lips… (touching his lips trying to remember the feel of it), my first kiss… her dancing… she’s really grown now… didn’t get a chance to talk to her after THAT… she avoided me… I don’t want to be awkward!”

He got up from his bed and went out of the room and out of the house and headed straight for the lake… hoping to find her there… he was startled to see someone there, a familiar figure… he knows that profile so well… his first love… his inspiration…

CHANGMIN: Cassie? Is that you?

CASSIE: Min?! Hey!!! (she ran towards Min and gave him a tight hug!) How have you been?

CHANGMIN: I’m fine… what are you doing here?! (finally letting go of her)

CASSIE(looked at something behind the tree and hesitated): I was just… thinking about some things… like how bad Changmin is for not contacting me!

CHANGMIN: I’m sorry! It was just a short trip on short notice… in fact I’m going back tomorrow morning!

CASSIE(she leaned on her toes and kissed him on the cheek): happy birthday Min!

CHANGMIN: thank you!

[he smiled at Cassie and then looked around as if he was waiting for someone or expecting someone]

CASSIE: waiting for someone?

CHANGMIN: huh? Well I guess, she might be sleeping already…

CASSIE: Minji?! She’s (something caught her attention and paused for a while then continued)… she was here awhile ago… she told me she was going to the university tomorrow to settle in and meet up with the administration for some sort of performance…

CHANGMIN: Oh! ( trying not to sound a bit disappointed but failed) anyways… it was nice seeing you. Have to sleep early… I’m going back first okay… good night!

He then waved goodbye and walked away and headed for their house and went in.

CASSIE: why didn’t you want to talk to him?!

MINJI: because I don’t know what to say… after what I did awhile ago… I don’t know what came over me… I don’t know what is going to happen now…

[Minji was just hiding behind the tree the moment she heard Min’s voice as he approached awhile ago… she didn’t want to talk to Min about what went on awhile ago about the kiss, because she too, she didn’t know why she did that!]

CASSIE: then how will you deal with it tomorrow… when you are also going to the university… on the same vehicle?!

MINJI: I didn’t get the chance to tell him that I will be tagging along when he goes back to the city.

CASSIE: Awww… my baby Minji is really a grown up now… starting to fall in love already!

MINJI: Unnie! Stop it! It’s clear that he still likes you okay! Aigoo, I don’t know what to do… if only I could turn back time… I would’ve done it differently and stopped to kiss him on the cheeks only T_T

CASSIE: are you finished packing already?

MINJI: AHHH!!! Not yet! I was so nervous after learning from MOM that I was going to go with Min-oppa tomorrow. Unnie, help me pack, please?!

CASSIE: ahihihihi!!! You really are my little sister! C’mon I’ll help you.

[the two sisters then went inside their house as Cassie helped her little sister pack her things]

@ the Café…

YOOCHUN: have you read the note already? (Junsu shook his head) WTF?! What are you planning to do with it? Keep it in your pocket forever until it turns into dust?

JUNSU: it’s not that! I’m a man… I should be the one asking her out not the other way around… I would feel much at ease if I was the one who asked her out… and it seems like I know her from somewhere but I just couldn’t pin point where!

YOOCHUN(smiling): then now is your chance… cause here come my long lost cousin… Ri In.

[Ri In looked at the display of the pastries, she looked disappointed and headed for the coffee counter instead, ignoring Junsu and Yoochun]

JUNSU: “Why didn’t she say something? Isn’t she expecting me to react to what happened earlier?”

[Junsu then got out of the counter and went after her and tapped her shoulder lightly…]

JUNSU: Um… Ri In-sshi? Can we talk?

[Ri In took her take out and nodded and followed Junsu to the Music Corner, Junsu sat down patted the space beside him asking her to sit beside him… she remained standing… with her face full of mixed emotions… of sadness, frustration, anger and her tears began to water…]

RI IN: before anything else… I won’t tell you anything… not until you remember what you promised me… I’m leaving now… Jun…

[she trailed off and hurriedly walked out of the coffee shop hoping he does not go after her]

JUNSU: “Now why do I get the feeling that I know her really well? Why can’t I remember her? I know her from somewhere!”

=o=o=o FLASHBACK o=o=o=

FIRST YEAR HIGHSCHOOL…

Ri In was the Vice President of her class (section A) and one of the honor students… she’s got the looks and a good head on her shoulders… on the other hand… Junsu was the President of the other section (section B). They meet each other during council meetings. That was the only interaction they had during their first year…

Ri In would get a CAKE on her desk every other day… in the morning before the flag ceremony starts. Different flavor of cake or pastry for each day that she receives it. No one has an idea who the secret admirer was… but deep inside she was wishing it was Junsu, ever since they met each other at the council meeting she already had a crush on him. She would always look forward to every council meeting because that is the only time she gets to talk to him.

Then all of a sudden, in of their council meetings Junsu didn’t show up, it turned out that he didn’t go to school that day, he was absent. And the reason for that was because Junsu was packing his stuffs and was getting ready to move to another location due to his parents re-assignment in a far away place.

The following day, Junsu went to school to request his grades and transcript…he gathered up his courage and walked straight to Ri In early in the morning… he knew that she goes to school early because she organizes the class attendance and reports for the council… with a small box on his hand he went inside Ri In’s classroom, which was still empty… just as he expected, she was there early…

RI IN: Junsu? What are you doing here? Do we have a council meeting this early?

JUNSU: um… no… I came here to give you one last cake…

RI IN: last?! You were the one giving me the cakes? LAST?! WHY?!

JUNSU: my parents were assigned in another place… we’re leaving this afternoon… (he then looked straight into Ri In’s eyes as he said…) I LIKE YOU,RI IN! I really do! I thought I had all the time to tell you this… I guess, time is not on my side… I’m sorry I didn’t tell you sooner…

RI IN: you should be!!! (tears starting to flow from her eyes) cause then maybe we could’ve enjoyed each other’s company then… I LIKE YOU TOO, JUNSU-SSHI!

JUNSU: What?! You like me too?! (he was shocked but then he smiled) I should’ve confessed earlier… this I promise you…

“SOMEDAY WE WILL MEET AGAIN, I’LL MAKE THE SAME I GAVE YOU TODAY AND I’LL TELL YOU ALL THAT I’M FEELING RIGHT NOW… PROBABLY NOT ONLY LIKE BUT LOVE… I LOVE YOU… AND WITH IT ARE MY THOUGHTS AND FEELINGS FOR YOU… I PROMISE YOU WILL ALWAYS BE IN MY HEART…”

Ri In was happy and sad at the same time, knowing that he likes her too… but he’s already leaving… they decided to keep in touch through email… every other day… just like what Junsu did every morning… he would bake a new cake, take a picture of it and send the picture to Ri In through email, this went on for 6 months. Then it stopped.

A month has passed… no email, no reply… no nothing… no news about him… Junsu stopped emailing, Ri In was sad and broken hearted when she didn’t hear or read or received any news from him. Not even through his friends.

A year has passed still nothing… then one of his friends found out that Junsu’s parents’ died in a tragic car accident coming home from work. Junsu was sent to live with his aunty in another place… burying in the past all the memories he had of his child hood… the painful memories of his parents… and the promise he made to Ri In.

=o=o=o=o

i know it's a bit short... but i really want to update sooner than later

thank you for READING...

i'll be updating tomorrow...

mwah <3