GETTING TO FEEL FREE AND EASY...

COFFEE, TEA OR ME?

At the Cafe's Board...

 

ANNYEONG! NEW SCHEDULE!

 

7AM-1PM              YOOSU

12NN-7PM             HOMIN

6PM-12MN             JAEDA

 

FIGHTING!

Chun and Junsu were already up and early baking some pastries and prepping for the morning crowd. Chun was sweeping the floor while Junsu was busy baking pastries and making sandwiches for their breakfast section.

 

DARA: Good morning guys!!!! 

 

Dara suddenly appeared out of nowhere which caught Chun by surprise!

 

CHUN: Noona! Good morning! Why are you here so early? New schedule?

 

DARA: Ani! Nana called me and said that some company is planning to hold their seminar here at the cafe... she's asking me to take care of it.

CHUN: Su-ah! Yah! Noona's here!

 

Junsu was spacing out while preparing the sandwiches in the pastry section.

 

SU: huh? (Looking up, then he saw Dara and smiled his cute angel smile) Annyeong noona!

 

DARA: Aigoooooo!!! So early in the morning and you're so cute already! Kyeopta!!! (while pinching Junsu's cheeks)

 

CHUN: quit spacing out... are you all set in your station?

 

SU: yeh! bring it on!

 

Chun then flipped their board and flashed the OPEN sign. As soon as the board was flipped and the doors were opened, in came the flock of their regular customers who are buying their coffee before going to work, some of them trying to relax after their daily morning exercise or after their morning shift.

 

Morning crowd is one of the huge crowds in the shifting schedule that is why Changmin doesn't want to have the morning shift, cause aside from having to prepare all the ingredients needed for the whole day there is also a great number of crowd rushing to get their morning coffee to go.

 

Dara lend them a hand seeing that the cafe was packed and the two were already having their hands full, she took the order as Chun made the coffee while Junsu was taking orders for coffee and pastry at the same time.

 

Just then their door's bell rang as a sign of a new customer coming in...

 

DARA: Gosh! Is this always like this?

 

CHUN: Yeh noona! That is why no one wants the morning shift kekekeke... maybe you and Jae-hyung would like to volunteer?

 

DARA: No thanks! I'm quite happy with my schedule hehehehehe, I'd stick to it for eternity, I think ^^

 

RI IN: good morning Dara-unnie!

 

DARA: Ri In!!! Annyeong... what can I get you for today?

 

RI IN: a meeting... (Smiling knowingly at DARA)

 

DARA: okay one meeting coming up... wait... a meeting? (she realized that Ri In was the company that wants to rent the cafe) OH, so you are the one... okay can you find a seat over there at the corner... what would you like to drink?

 

RI IN: one caramel macchiato please (she then paid for her order and went to find a seat for them)

 

ALEX: I'd like one Americano please...

 

DARA: Sir Alex! Good morning! 

 

ALEX: Good morning to you too! It's really a good start of a good day! Just call me Alex, neh?

 

DARA (blushing): Neh! You are here with Ri In?

 

ALEX: yes, we are here to talk about the details of the seminar

 

DARA: ok will be with you in a sec... I'll bring your drinks after I finish this line... is that ok with you?

 

ALEX: sure... take your time ^^

 

After Dara finished taking the orders, she then prepared the drinks of Ri In and Alex, while Chun took over at the counter. It was a good thing Jae decided to take a sneak peek at the huge amount of the infamous 'morning crowd'

 

JAE: "Whoa! Cheongmal! We can ask the Guinness Book of World Records for the most amount of customers in the morning then... I should give them a hand... wait! Is that palm-tree over there? What is she doing here? Is it our schedule today...I know our schedule is still at night... why is she here?! AISH! So early in the morning and she's causing some confusion already... better give the guys a hand first... questions later... probably during..."

 

Dara then prepared the drinks on the tray when she sensed another presence in the counter, which she is very familiar with...

 

DARA: ahhhhh, finally the gongju sagwa ('princess apple') is awake to grace us with his presence... good morning!

 

Dara greeted Jae as she walked passed him heading for the table where Ri In and Alex were waiting for her.

 

JAE: What? G-gongju!? Eh? Morning shift? Ri In and that guy...Alex?! Huh? What?!

 

JUNSU: Hyung... palli... are you here to help us!?

 

Jae was still confused while helping out the 2, so after the crowd has subsided he saw Junsu finished restocking the pastry section, removed his apron and went to the table where Dara, Ri In and that Alex guy were.

 

JAE: Chunnie... what is going on?

 

CHUN: Oh hyung... Ri In's company is going to rent the cafe for their seminar, they are going over the details so that they can present it to their company meeting later.

 

JUNSU: ahhhhh... sorry it took me a while to join you

 

DARA: Su-ah, have a seat and relax first... you can listen to the details and give me some of your input.

 

Alex then finalized the details of their seminar as follows:

 

3 DAY SEMINAR

TUESDAY, WEDNESDAY, THURSDAY

2PM-7PM

50 PAX

SNACKS AND DINNER

 

DARA: so for this event, the cafe needs to close temporarily from 1pm to 8pm, requiring the help of all the servers of the cafe to be able to serve the amount of people participating in the seminar... Su-ah, any ideas for their menu for the 3 day event?

 

JUNSU: as usual we can offer them free-flowing coffee and as for the snacks for the first day small sandwiches, second day croissant and on the third day probably cake... as for the main courses I have to talk to Jae-hyung and go through it with him... he is much familiar with the main courses... but at least 2 viands and a dessert will do... the dessert is a no brainer since I can take care of it.

 

ALEX: Is it really ok for you guys to temporarily close the cafe in that amount of time?

 

DARA: Nana talked to me about the details ahead of time and she gave the go signal to have it closed for the mean time... at least we are given two days to prepare and inform our regular customers about the sudden schedule

 

RI IN: where can we set up the projector and screen for the presentation?

 

JUNSU (he stood up and gestured for Ri In to follow him leaving Alex and Dara at the table): you can set it up here, to avoid direct sunlight and we can also close the blinds for you... I can help you set it up.

 

RI IN: thanks... that would be great!

 

Meanwhile back at the table...

 

DARA: so... you are Ri In's boss?

 

ALEX: ahhhh, yes... I know I don't look like it... but I can be scary if I need to be... hehehehe (scratching his head shyly)

 

DARA: ah really...

 

JAE: excuse me... can I refill your water sir? ma'am? (eyeing Dara and Alex as he poured water in their empty glasses)

 

DARA: Oh so kind of you to finally grace us with your presence ssssssagwa

 

JAE: Bwo?! Really?! This palm tree is getting on my nerves already... yah, (talking to Alex) yes you... are you really into this weirdo? Have you seen her with her palm tree hairdo... it looks like a feather duster though...(fishes out his cellphone and allows Alex to look at Dara's palm tree, feather duster-looking hair do)... See?! Have a look here!

 

DARA: Stop it! Don't look at it... aish!!!! Fine Fine Fine... I like wearing that kind of hair do cause it gives me good eye line, whut?!

 

ALEX(laughing out loud heartily): It's really hilarious Dara... where did you get the idea that it looks good on you? 

 

ALEX AND JAE: BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!! (after looking at the picture they looked at each other and continued laughing again)

 

DARA: Go ahead! Laugh all you want... Aigoo! (while crossing her arms)

 

After some final instructions and discussions, they finished their meeting with Alex and Jae walking out like they have been friends for a  very long time, much to the annoyance of Dara, they were always making fun of her as they looked at some JAe's candid shots of Dara. While Ri In and Junsu took the time to catch up on things and talk about some of the details of the meeting and equipments needed for the seminar.

 

Time flew so fast and Chun and Junsu's shift was already finished, in came Yunho and Changmin looking fresh and fine while Yoochun and Junsu looked haggard. Jae and Dara on the other hand were full of energy when they learned that Bom will stop by to ask Chun for help with her song for the wedding.

 

Just then Bom arrived and waved at the three sitting on one of the couches.

 

DARA: Annyeong Bommie-ah!!! (she then ran towards her friend and gave her a big hug!)

 

BOM: Sssantokki!!! You are here early? Waeyo?

 

DARA: Had an early meeting.

 

JAE AND CHUN: ANNYEONG! (waving at Bom happily)

 

CHUN: have a seat... would you like something to drink, coffee?

 

BOM: Ani... water will do. Thanks!

 

After they have settled and looked at the lyrics, Chun asked Bom to sing a few lines of the song. After listening, he asked her to sing it again but this time Chun joined her with harmony. Jae heard it and added some of his ideas.

 

JAE: so, if this wedding song of yours becomes a hit... can I have a share of its royalties, then?

 

BOM: Mian... it’s not for public listening Jae... I just decided to arrange a song for them instead of writing them one.

 

DARA: Yah! Yoja! Is that all you think about? How to earn money?

 

CHUN: Stop! Let’s focus and help her finish this. (while raising his hand to stop an impending bickering)

 

BOM: I think I need another voice for the harmony... Dara, can you do it?

 

DARA: OK!  Music start! (giving her friend the thumbs up)

 

BOM: You take the high part and I’ll take the melody ok? (making an ok sign with her fingers)

 

Bom started the song followed by the supporting vocals of Dara, then Chun and Jae simultaneously added some harmony which surprised all of them, cause they never thought it would have such a wonderful sound.

 

DARA(while looking at Jae): you not only look like a girl... but while you were hitting those notes you also sound like one!

 

JAE(with wide eyes): Bwo?! And this comes from someone whose voice I can barely hear!

 

Dara’s mouth formed an “O” as she clutched her chest and reached for Bom.

 

DARA: Bommie-ah... he’s a meanie (she then pouted pointing at Jae, who was shocked to see Dara’s aegyo side)

 

CHUN: hyung, how can you say that you can’t hear her when we created a beautiful harmony!

 

BOM: Yah, you two! (pointing and looking intently at Dara and Jae) I appreciate the inputs and help, but if you really want to help... stop fighting and help me straighten this out I need this recorded by tomorrow!

 

DARA: Neh! Bickering aside... Chunnie and Joongie’s voice create a very melodic sound... it’s nice to listen to it! (she said after listening again to the recording awhile ago, using Bom’s cellphone)

 

JAE: “Did she just call me Joongie? I sound like a pet! But why do I like it... I find it cute”

Bom and Chun could only look at the two who were excitedly arranging the music for the song, gone was the arguing and pulling of hair, now the Bickering Couple became partners with music.

 

JAE: how about you divide the lyrics for man and woman to sing... and then at the chorus it will be the two singing it as a whole, then we do the harmony then?

 

DARA: that would be great! I think the first verse should be the woman’s part then the second verse the man’s part, the lyrics fit each other like a glove.

 

BOM(looking at Yoochun who was trying to divide the harmony): I thought you’re the only one who is into music?

 

CHUN: Ani... all 5 of us are... it is one of our common denominators... Jae-hyung, Junsu and I write lyrics and melodies, but we all can sing just for fun though... nothing serious.

 

BOM: Cheongmal! That’s new! (surprised to learn a new side to the boys)

 

CHUN: What’s surprising is you! Who would’ve known that you own a recording company?!

 

BOM(wagging her finger in front of Chun): tut tut tut... correction, I don’t own it... I’m just the daughter of the owner, I could never do what my dad does... I’m not at that level yet... I’m not yet confident with my music.

 

CHUN: With the other lyrics and compositions you have... you already have a treasure chest of great works already... it’s just up to you if you are ready for everyone to listen to it.

 

Later that night, Yunho and Changmin’s shift was over, Dara and Jae were left without worries anymore for they already found something in common... other than coffee... other than teasing each other... it is their love and passion for music that brought the two to get along with each other.

 

Yunho and Changmin went to CL’s dance studio to pick Minji from her practice.

 

JI: Oppa! You’re here! I have news for you! (she was excitedly jumping around while Changmin tried to steady her)

 

MIN: What is it?

 

JI: I found myself a job!

 

MIN: A job? Where? (trying to hide his disappointment) “I thought she was going to work for the cafe so that we can share some time... no fair, Jae-hyung gets to work and see Dara-noona huhuhuhu T_T”

 

MINJI: yep! CL-unnie offered me to teach the beginner’s class, isn’t it great?! I get to dance and teach and at the same time earn some money while doing something I really love!

 

MIN: that’s great! (while rubbing the back of his neck) “As long as she enjoys what she does... I guess that’s okay for me!”

 

Meanwhile, Yunho was busy trying to approach CL who was giving final instructions to one of her instructors...

 

CL: OH! OMO! You are here! Annyeong! (she smiled and waved her hand to the blushing fan boy kekekeke)

 

YUNHO: Ah...yeh...so....(while looking around)... this is your studio huh?

 

CL: Yup! This is it! Where I can move freely

 

CL extended her arms and twirled around and around... the turning caused her to lose her balance, it was a good thing Yunho caught her before she hit the mirror.

 

YUNHO: Careful there...(CL was already bushing while she was still held by his steady arms) we wouldn’t want the birthday girl to get injured before the big day!

 

CL then abruptly stood up which made her head in a sudden contact with Yunho’s chin which caused Yunho’s lips to bleed a little.

 

CL: Omo, Omo, Omo... mian mian...kenchana?! Of course you are not ok? What am I saying? Do you need something for it? Of course... Ice! AISH! Mian!

 

CL then ran towards their kitchenette to get some ice as she went back hurriedly and gave it to Yunho who was enjoying the attention.

 

YUNHO: “I can get cut a hundred times more if I can see you worry about me like this... hehehe”

 

=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o

will try to update as soon as I can... your comments and suggestions are love ^^