Chapter 11

Stockholm syndrome

My school starts on Tuesday so I decided to update this today. LOL! Maybe on Monday another one but since I have to think about the plot and well, THE END,, more, it will take some time. -______- I hope you like this! 

GOOD NIGHT EVERYONE! :) <3

OH! Before I forget: THANK YOU AGAIN!!!! I'VE GOTTEN MORE VOTES AND SUBSCRIBERS! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! SO HAPPY! YAY! LOVE YOU ALL! ^^ <3 

ENJOY!!!! 


Chapter 11:

“Well,” Minwoo raised his eyebrows and crossed his arms. “Why?”

Dongwan inhaled and then exhaled. “I’m leaving.”

-------------------               

Minwoo’s heart skipped a beat.

“I’m running away.” Dongwan explained. “Why?” Minwoo mumbled.

“I can’t do this to you anymore. I’m running away so I wouldn’t live my past over and over again. I lied to you Minwoo. I can’t forget what James did to me. Minwoo, I love you and that’s why I don’t want to hurt you. I can’t. I love you too much.” Dongwan responded. I don’t want to hurt you, Minwoo.

“Where are you going?” Minwoo asked panicky.

“No, Minwoo. Don’t ask that. I have to leave alone.”

“But I want to be with you!” Minwoo shouted.

“I know.” Dongwan said and kissed Minwoo on the lips. “I know. I want to be with you too but not with the cost that I will hurt you.” Younger man commented. “I love you too ing much.”

Minwoo started to cry now. “Why are you leaving me? I am coming with you.” he questioned.

Dongwan laughed upset. “Oh, my. You are so perfect. I would do everything so you could come with me but I can’t. I need some time to think. I need time to get away from my past. From James. Besides, you have to be there for Hyesung. You can’t leave him.” He said.

Minwoo cried even more when Dongwan hugged him.

“Don’t cry my love,” Dongwan soothed him. “If our love is meant to be, we will meet each other somewhere. And I’m going to believe it. I want to see you someday. You know why? Because I love you.” He continued while trailing his middle finger on Minwoo’s face. “I want to believe that we will meet someday.”

Minwoo nodded and bit his lower lip.

“I’m gonna miss you Lee Minwoo.” Dongwan said as he closed the gap between them with a kiss. With a kiss filled with passion, sadness and love.

“I’m gonna miss you too, Kim Dongwan.” Minwoo whispered against their lips. “And I believe that we’ll meet someday. It’s my destiny to be with you. I love you, Wannie.”

Dongwan hugged Minwoo tightly.

“Goodbye, Minwoo.” Younger man said, crying, as he was walking back faced to the door, getting slowly to it and then exiting the apartment, leaving Minwoo all alone.

“See you, Wannie. I’ll love you.”

Forever.

Hours before at Eric’s apartment (RicWan):

“Wannie? What are you doing in here?” Eric asked bemused as his best friend, without permission, stormed into his apartment.

“I need to talk to you.” Dongwan answered steadfast as he stood in front of Eric at the foyer. “Okay? But let me make some coffee, okay?” Older man spoke and went to his kitchen.

Dongwan followed Eric to the kitchen and sat down at the table. Eric turned around with two cups in his hands as he walked towards Dongwan.

“What is it?” Eric questioned smiling.

“Have you anything to do with Hyesung?” Dongwan spilled out. “Tell me!” he said determined.

Eric almost dropped the cups but managed to hold them in his hands. He gulped and put them onto the table, sitting on the chair that was across Dongwan. “What?” He said.

“Well, have you?” Dongwan was dead serious.

“No, of course not! Why would I have anything to do with him?” Eric said acting shocked. “I don’t even know him.”

Dongwan sighed. “I saw him at the police department when the explosion happened.” He explained.

Him?” Eric interrogated supposedly not knowing who he meant. “And why were you there?” he added.

He, meaning James. And I…had something to ask from the detective.” Dongwan replied.

“James was at the police department? Why?” Eric asked “curiously”.

Dongwan stared at him for a while. “You don’t know why he was there?”

Eric shook his head walking back at the cupboard to pour the coffee. “How are you feeling?” Older man tried to switch the topic and succeeded.

“Terrible. James came to see me yesterday actually.”

Eric startled and frowned. He didn’t know anything about it. Eric didn’t see Dongwan but he knew that he was smiling brokenly.

“I’ve decided,” Dongwan couldn’t hold his tears any longer, “to leave.” He said.

Eric turned around and now he dropped the mugs, coffee pouring all over the floor.

“I can’t.” Dongwan spoke. “I can’t hide my past anymore. I want to start from new. I can’t. He’s hurting me.” He babbled.

Eric bit his lower lip as he instinctively walked towards his best friend and took his hands into his. “No, don’t leave. You can’t. You have Minwoo! And…and…me! What about me?” Eric cried out.

Dongwan sobbed. “I know I have him but…but…I…I don’t want to hurt Minwoo. James…”

“What did he say?” Eric gritted his teeth.

“Nothing.”

“Don’t lie to me Wannie! What did he say?”

“He threatened to hurt Minwoo if I told to the police that he was at the police station.” Dongwan accidentally spilled it out.

Eric sluggishly dropped his arms from Dongwan’s lap and stared at the emptiness. James had gone too far.

“I can’t Eric. I want to start from new.”

“But…But…You can’t. You love living in here. You…You can’t do it. You will hurt Minwoo…and me if you leave.” Older man tried to convince him.

“I’ve made my decision Eric. I want a new start. Don’t I ing deserve it?” Dongwan yelled.

Eric sighed. “You do, but…”

“No buts. I hate him and I don’t want to hate you too so, please…please, let me leave. It makes things so much easier. I won’t hurt Minwoo if I do it softly.” He mumbled. “Please.”

Eric looked at Dongwan who bit his lower lip. Dongwan had never seemed so determined about anything, except when he met Minwoo for the first time. 

“But Wannie,” Eric’s voice was trembling. “Isn’t that giving up? You have to show James that you don’t care about him.” Older man had a point and Dongwan knew that Eric did anything to ask and command him to stay in Korea but he couldn’t. “I don’t care, Eric ah. I don’t care. I can’t live like that anymore. I’ve been trying to hide myself from James and live my life with Minwoo but,” Dongwan shook his head and the tears stopped draining for a second. “He is everywhere. Please, let me leave and don’t worry about Minwoo. I will always love him. Wherever I am, wherever I go, he is going to be in here.” He said and laid his hands on top of his heart while smiling.

Eric stared at him. “I’m…gonna miss you.” He finally cried too. “You always are the one to be strong and you never show any weakness. I admire you, Kim Dongwan.” He added. “I admire you and I believe in you and I wish you good luck. I hope you know what you’re doing.” Eric babbled.

Dongwan hugged Eric. “So cheesy Eric.” He muffled.

Older man snorted and tightened his grip behind his best friend, mumbling, “I will take care of Minwoo. I will be by his side and treat him nicely. I promise.”

Younger man nodded and kissed Eric on the cheek, earning a disgusted glare from the man. “I know. And don’t worry. I believe that you have nothing to do with Hyesung. And even if you did, there’d be nothing I could and would do. Call me stupid but I rather am blind and naïve than doubting and diffident.” Eric just looked at Dongwan seriously and a bit dumbfounded. “You are my best friend.” Dongwan whispered. “I will call you when I arrive to Japan.”

“Japan?” Eric questioned.

“Yeah, there is this school I can go to teach.” Dongwan answered.

“To teach? You’re a florist.”

“Yeah, but I can teach history. It’s one of my dreams actually.”

Dongwan’s happy smile melted Eric and older man flashed a grin to him. They hugged again and then Dongwan was gone.

Forever.

The police department (JinDy):

Andy and Junjin were fatigued. They had watched every single video of the explosion day, read every single newspaper and even visited all of the floors to find something useable but no. They had to be disappointed. Junjin usually didn’t give up but he was getting really frustrated. Andy was trying to be optimistic. He didn’t want to give up and he tried to figure something out while Junjin was pitying himself and cursing the whole case.

“Jin ah,” Andy murmured. “Don’t be like that. We will find something out.” He continued.

Junjin sighed.

“You are a great detective. I know it. You always find the way.” Andy complemented. “I’ve never seen you give up so don’t you dare do it now. I didn’t accept this job because I wanted to meet the wimpiest man alive. I took this job because I liked you.” He added rather frantically, earning a frown from Junjin. “I liked you and knew that you were the most intelligent detective in the world.” Andy said.

“Andy yah,” Junjin spoke.

“So, Jin ah,” Andy grabbed the collar of Junjin’s shirt and pulled the older man closer and whispered, “don’t give up. I don’t want to stop liking you.”

For some unclear reason, Junjin blushed. Maybe it was the fact that Andy was right or maybe it was the fact that he was really, very close to him and he could actually feel Andy’s breathing on his cheeks or maybe it was the fact that Andy had just said the word like more than he had ever said before. “So, please,” he murmured eyes closed, still holding Junjin’s collar. “Don’t let me down. Stop pitying yourself.” Younger man added.

“I promise Andy.” Junjin commented and smiled, lifting his hand to Andy’s cheek. “I promise.”

Eric’s apartment after Dongwan left:

Someone knocked Eric’s door but the man didn’t get up from his seat. He stared at the emptiness and did nothing. Eric didn’t even breathe. He had intertwined his fingers and his arms were sluggishly lying on his thighs while ongoing beeps were heard from the door. Eric knew exactly who it was and to be honest, he didn’t want to see him right now. He was so furious.

“Eric? Are you at home?” The voice asked as the door was opened.

Eric replied nothing when finally a big male figure walked towards the living room and switched on the lights. Eric turned to look at the ‘intruder’, who had ruined his best friend’s happiness, with his dead glare. James, who was the intruder, startled.

“Why were you sitting in the darkness?” Older man questioned shocked.

Eric snorted. “I can’t believe it.”

James shrugged and furrowed his eyebrows. “What?”

“Did you know that Wannie just left everything because of you? Huh!? Do you know that, hyung?” Eric exclaimed.

James sighed, “Eric,” trying to touch his cousin who jerked his whole body away from him.

“Do you ing understand what you have done? You ruined my best friend’s and his boyfriend’s life perhaps forever!” The said man shouted. “I’ve never seen Dongwan so sad and…and depressed! How could you do something like that!? I can’t believe you. I trusted you, hyung. But you worked on your own and threatened my only best friend. Dongwan means the world to me, okay!?” Eric babbled upset.

“It was right thing to do.” James explained.

Eric snorted again. “Right thing to do? In what? Do you hear what you’re saying? How was leaving Minwoo, the right thing to do? You know what he said to me? Do you!?” he yelled, veins getting scarily big.

Older man shrugged.

“He told me that he saw you at the police station and suspected you. Not me. You! Isn’t that what you wanted? Why would you do that to poor Wannie!? How could you do something like that to me? How could you do that to Minwoo?” Eric cried out. “You threatened to hurt Minwoo even though he doesn’t even know about you. Are you stupid, hyung? You made Wannie doubt you and then me. You hurt him more than anyone. You made him remember things, he nor I wanted to recall. You hurt him just when he had found Minwoo.” He continued and was now hitting James’ chest aggressively.

“Eric, calm down.”

“How can I calm down when you ruined someone’s life? I can’t, hyung. Do you know how my heart skipped a beat when Dongwan told me that he wouldn’t do anything even if I had something to do with these crimes? Do you know how my heart skipped a beat when he told me that you were the reason he wants to leave?” Eric moaned. “You hurt my best friend, again.”

“I’m sorry Eric. What do you want?” James asked confused.

“I want you to suffer and that’s why I ask you to leave me alone. Get out of my house and don’t you dare touch Minwoo. If I ever hear that someone touched him, I will hunt you down and revenge that. I will not forgive you until I feel like that. You need to pay for all the pain, you’ve been giving. When I see Dongwan being happily next to Minwoo again, I will consider of forgiving you. Until then, you’re on your own. Get the hell out of my apartment.” Eric turned serious as he pointed his finger towards the door and gritted his teeth. “I don’t want to see you ever again.” He added dryly.

“But Eric,” James muttered.

“No! Please, go! I hate you.”

The police department (JinDy):

”Shoot it Andy!” Junjin shouted loudly, shocking the young man. “Don’t let him go!” he kept screaming next to Andy who seemed to be shooting everywhere else but the target.

 Junjin sighed and got behind him. He straightened his arms on top of Andy’s, startling the man a little, grabbed his hands into his, gun still in Andy’s hands and put his head next to his, whispering, “Focus,” into the detective’s ear.

“Close your eyes and breathe. Relax your body and think about nothing.” Junjin mumbled and Andy did as he told. “Now, shoot.” He murmured and Andy pulled the trigger, actually hitting the target.

“Good job.” Junjin grinned but still didn’t let go of Andy’s hands. “You get better after we practice some more.” He continued.

“Thank you.” Andy said smiling.

“You’re welcome.” Junjin spoke and looked deeply into Andy’s glowing and smiling eyes. “You’re worth of my time.” Older man mentally slapped himself because of his cheesy and embarrassing line but his mind went blank when he noticed the blush on Andy’s cheeks.

“Really?” He whispered.

Junjin nodded and started to caress Andy’s hands. Younger man sighed cutely and Junjin felt how his heartbeat was increasing. It was so rapid he knew that Andy felt it too.

“Jin ah,” Younger detective mumbled.

Junjin sneered as he let Andy turn around. “I would take a bullet for you.” He confessed shyly. “And even a grenade.” He added.

Junjin turned red and his heartbeat didn’t seem to get slower. “I would do the same thing to you too. You mean so much to me.” He told while getting closer to Andy who already closed his eyes, knowing exactly what Junjin was about to do.

“Jin ah, I li---“

“Detective Park! Detective Lee! We’re getting lunch! Do you want something?”

Junjin awkwardly turned around to see his colleague at the door while Andy was avoiding eye contact to both of them.

“Did I interrupt something?” the man at the door interrogated mischievously.

“NO! No, you didn’t. We were just practicing.” Andy and Junjin said in unison, both blushing.

“Right? So, what do you say about the lunch?”

The distant place (RicSyung):

Hyesung was bored. Well, it wasn’t a surprise after being jailed for so long. He didn’t even see what kind of room he was in. He was bored and tired and he missed his bed. He missed it like bad. He missed Minwoo and he missed Dongwan. He missed his CD-player, he missed real food, he missed his books, he missed studying, he missed the smell of Dongwan’s flower shop and he missed his home. Most of all, he missed singing. He hadn’t sung in weeks and he started to be afraid that maybe his vocal chords had suffered from all the coldness and humidness. There was only one way to find out.

Hyesung cleared his throat, looked around supposedly to see something, opened his mouth and let out a chord. It didn’t sound bad so he let out another one. A satisfied grin appeared in his face as he started to sing some old pop song he knew by heart, and wave his hands and tap his fingers to the beat. His voice filled the room and it echoed from wall to wall, making it sound amazing. His lips curled a bit and he kept singing until the song ended.

“Please, sing another one.” A voice said behind him.

Hyesung cringed. “W-w-what?”

“Sing another song.” The voice responded.

“How long have you been in there?” Hyesung questioned shocked.

“Who said I ever left.” The kidnapper laughed out loud. “I’ve been here the whole time, Hyesung ah.”

The captive felt really embarrassed. He wasn’t used to audience (except when his dad asked him to sing at his galas) or listeners so that startled him badly. He had listened the whole time.

“B-b-but I heard door being opened and closed.” Hyesung muttered.

“Yeah, I opened it to get some air and then I closed it so you wouldn’t get cold. It’s winter, you know.” The man explained.

Hyesung nodded, visible blush on his cheeks as the kidnapper came closer and kneeled down in front of him, clasping his hands on the captive’s cold and silky ones. He didn’t say word and Hyesung became nervous and sweaty.

“Sing another song.” The kidnapper suddenly murmured. “Just for me. I like your voice.” He continued. “It…will make me happy again.” He then mumbled.

“Why? Are you sad?” Hyesung asked worryingly.

“My best friend,” Eric answered, “left me and his boyfriend because he didn’t want us to get hurt. I am hurting now even more.” He whispered and Hyesung could hear sobbing. “He meant good but,” Eric shook his head. “I can’t live a day without him. All this because of my cousin.” He cursed.

Hyesung would’ve wanted to hug his kidnapper but he couldn’t so he just opened his mouth once again and let out so beautiful sounds that Eric’s sobbing stopped almost immediately. He had heard Hyesung’s singing before at the galas but there had been so many people with him that it had been difficult to enjoy. But now, he managed to hear it, all alone.

Eric stared at him like he was watching an angel. Hyesung was stunning. He was beautiful. He was glowing while singing and Eric could see that the man loved what he was doing.

“JH, are you okay now? I hope this song would---“

Eric certainly didn’t know what he was doing as he pecked the corner of Hyesung’s mouth, immediately realizing what he had done and awkwardly getting back to his seat, trying to collect his thoughts.

“W-w-w-what was that?” Hyesung asked shocked.

“N-n-nothing.”

“You…k-k-kissed me?”

“N-no.”

“Y-y-yes, you did.”

“…”

“…”

“It was only a peck.” After the long silence, Eric finally spoke.

“…I know…”

“And it didn’t really touch your lips.” Eric explained.

“…Yeah…” Hyesung felt hot again. “It didn’t.”

“So, let’s forget it.” Eric wanted to take the words back but his face was burning so badly that he couldn’t, and besides, at that moment, Hyesung responded, “Sure. It was just a peck and it didn’t mean anything.”

Eric nodded and let out a sigh.

Oh, crap.

The apartment somewhere in Seoul:

Minwoo cried. He had cried for a while now. There was actually nothing productive he had done that day. He had just sat on his couch, in darkness, holding Dongwan’s shirt and a picture of them together in his hands. It was obvious that the man missed Dongwan. Minwoo couldn’t lie. He missed him so much that he didn’t want to sleep that night. He just smelled Dongwan’s shirt and trailed his fingers on the picture, mumbling some incoherent words.

“I’ve never met this James guy, but I sure hate him the most.” He muttered. “If you managed to hurt Dongwan like that, I have the rights to hate you.” He gritted his teeth. “Because of you, James, I lost my man. I lost the one I wanted to be with.” Minwoo spoke quietly. “I lost my future.”

The police department (JinDY):

Junjin and Andy sat inside their office doing some paper work in the most awkward silence. They avoided eye contact and they didn’t speak. They just sat behind their desks and signed some papers and did research about the case. Time to time, Junjin glanced at the maknae who was answering to it, immediately turning away as he noticed his partner’s stare. Older man sighed and got back to his papers when Andy suddenly hit his desk.

“Of course!” he shouted.

Junjin lifted his shocked gaze from the pencil and the note pad and looked at the man in front of him. “What the hell Andy?” he asked, holding his chest.

“It’s obvious! How didn’t we get this earlier!?” Andy face palmed.

“What? Speak to me!” Junjin commanded.

Andy laughed desperately and hit the desk again. “How okay is it to lie in here?” he questioned.

Junjin frowned but responded, “I don’t know but I think it’ll be fine. Why?”

“I got an idea.” Andy commented and smirked so scarily that Junjin felt shivers on his backbone. “And I think it’ll work.”  


So, guess what all my sweet and beautiful subscribers? This story is ending soon. :( Waaah! So weird. Two chapters (at least) and then 'The end'. So weird. O....o