Heart Seal

Shine so bright (Radio star sequel)

Clara's POV

I knew this day was coming. Ever since I became his fan I kept telling myself this day would come sooner or later... the day he will announce he has a girlfriend. I knew I never had a chance... for heaven's sake, I knew I never had a chance to meet him just a week ago.

And yet it hurts... Hearing it from him... now... It hurts.

I took a deep breath, my whole chest aching and put my best smile.

"That would be a pleasure, Kyuhyu-ssi!"

He was happy, that's important. I had to seal the emotions in my heart, hoping he'll never notice.

He seemed relieved and dialed a number on his phone. A thought crossed my mind 'So that's why he wanted extra security...'

"Hey, beautiful" the smile on his face was nothing compared to any of the his smiles before.

'Is this how happy she is making you?' I didn't hear any of the conversation after that, I felt my eyes stinging and excused myself to the washroom. When I came back she was there.

I smiled again, and took my seat.

"Clara-ssi, this is my princess, Choi HeeJin. Honey, this is the girl I told you about yesterday, she is even making my security software now."

HeeJin smiled and gave me a hand. She was so beautiful... I felt like the ugly ducking... I looked in her eyes and saw nothing, but sincere joy and maybe a little... fear? Oh, she was probably worried by my reaction. Poor girl, so many people would hate her if they knew she was his girlfriend. I smiled reassuringly and reminded myself I promised I would support him and those he loves years ago.

"It's a real pleasure HeeJin-ssi!" that's right, I was honest. It hurt, but he was happy, so I should be happy, too. Right? "You are so beautiful!"

Kyuhyun grinned ear to ear.

"She is, isn't she? She could become a celebrity in no time if she wanted to."

WHAT?

"You mean she is not? I am sorry HeeJin-ssi, it's really hard to believe." She smiled again and just from the look in her eyes I could see she was a good person. Good, that's good.

"It's alrigth, Clara-ssi, I get that a lot."

Her laugh was like music... okay, don't get me wrong... I'm not going lesbian now... it's just... she was perfect.

Unlike me.

Kyuhyun got my attention, his tone more serious now.

"Clara-ssi, I'd ask you to keep this a secret."

I rolled my eyes. Who was he taking me for?

"Of course, Kyuhyun-ssi. I won't tell anyone. It's none of their business anyway."

 


This meating led to many others. Protector KyuJin, as I secretely named it, was ready and installed on their computers, phones, etc. I became friends with HeeJin and we went shopping sometimes. My first impression was right - she was really a good person. She was kind and calm and it seemed like she always had a reason to smile. I could see they genuinly loved each other.

The pain was still there, but I paid no attention to it. I had no right to feel like that. I was nobody.

I convinced myself I was happy for them and I helped them out several times when they quarreled. To say the truth - up to this time it was always Kyuhyun's fault. Ah.. really... these kids.

After a month Kyuhyun introduced me to the other members as well. During one of my visits to the dorm, the manager came in with Lee Soo Man himself and I was terrified. What if I caused trouble to the boys now?

However, after they heard I was no one's girfriend and I was expert in Internet security, Soo Man offered me to work as virtual bodyguard for the members. I accepted and soon I was going around with my brand-new super laptop, working on my newest software, made especially for them. I still went to the orphanage in the weekends. I had several reasons for that, apart from that I absolutely loved those children.

First, I could let my guard down for a while - while with the members I always had to make sure, my feelings were locked inside and that was exhausting, imagine having to hide something from Leeteuk, Heechul and Sungmin all the time... yeah... life was hard.

Second, I had the best excuse to avoid Kyuhyun inviting me to come with HeeJin and him. How could he be so insensitive? It was hard enough for him to find time in his schedule to be with her and now he was calling me along?

I started avoiding him when I came to a restaurant after he had called me there and saw HeeJin, waiting for him. It was obvious they were supposed to have a date.

She was obviously disappointed to see me there too, but tried to hide it. I was furios.

She watched me dial a number and listened to my converation with eyes wide opened.

"Heechul oppa? Could you come and pick me up from The Rivera? Please make it seem like an emergency.... Yeah... Of course, who else... Hahahaha.... Sure."

She took my hand.

"Thank you, unnie."

"No problem, HeeJin-ah, this brat has to learn some dating manners... aish... to call me along on your date... Is he stupid?"

She laughed with me and just then Kyuhyun arrived. We chatted for several minutes and then Heechul came panting.

"Clara-ah! Please some quickly!"

I supressed my laughter and got up as fast as I could, keeping the most serious expression possible on my face. Kyuhyun was pissed, but I didn't care. HeeJun told me later he soon cheered up and had a great date. Who is the evil mastermind now?

................

Speaking of evil...

When we entered Heechul's car he glared at me. At first I was surprised and thought he was angry because I called him while he was playing. He was just glaring at me for a couple of minutes and then shook his head, as if giving up telling me something.

"Idiot." I heard him mutter.

 

Yeah...

My third reason... someone knew my secret...

 

 

(A/N Hm... Did you expect me to through the story this way? Hahhahha don't worry, my masterplan is in action :)