Wish...

Shine so bright (Radio star sequel)

Kyuhyun's POV

 

It was three months after the accident. When Clara woke up we spent hours talking together with her and HeeJin. All things were cleared. Apart from one.

Heechul hyung forbade me to ask her about her feelings for me. Now that I think about it, she wouldn't tell me anyway. Who would?

I was driving now to the orphanage. Aparently this stubborn girl wanted to go there and help with the children even though according to the doctor she was not healthy enough to come back to work yet. She went under a lung surgery less than two months ago. She is hardly walking and...

I was clearly frustrated.

Can't anyone else read those stupid fairytales? Why does it have to be her? For a moment my anger turned towards the children who were taking my Clara from me.

Wait.

 

...............

 

MY Clara?

 

 

What's going on with me?

 

I am not in love with her...

 

I can't be...

 

I shook my head to clear my thoughts and parked in front of the orphanage. The deal was - Clara can go there in the evening, but just for two hours and I was taking her home. That was easy since she moved out to our dorm building as a part of SM staff.

As I walked to the front door I wondered why was she still so distant. We cleared it all. Right? I apologized.

I guess she was still hurt.

The principal took me to a room with two 3 year old girls.

Clara was there, reading the story of Cinderella. They were seated comfortably on one of the beds. She was embracing them while telling the story of the ordinary girl, who was chosen by the prince.

I smiled at the cute sight. She was going to be a great mother. Without noticing me, they finished the story and she tucked them in their beds, kissing them goodnight. I felt a lump in my throat. What's wrong with me? Why is this touching me so much? Why do I wish these girls were... ours...

 

I love her.

 

Realization hit me.

Hard.

 

 

I LOVE HER.

And I didn't want to let her go. I didn't want to loose her, like I lost HeeJin, because of my own stupidity.

 

No one's POV

Clara turned to get out of the room and saw Kyuhyun there. He was looking at her and she saw tears in his eyes. Silently, she went to his side, took his hand in hers and went out, closing the door carefully.

When they were outside she asked him:

"What is it, oppa?"

He hugged her tight, but gently, careful not to hurt her.

"Nothing."

It was clearly something, but Clara didn't dare to ask. Why would he tell her anyway? She was no one. That thought was still killing her. She wanted to be his princess, his beloved... Okay, dreaming stop here. This is real life. In real life the prince never sees Cinderella.

She smiled and pinched his cheeks.

"Come on, oppa, let's go home."

They headed to the exit, when a baby started crying in one of the rooms. Wihtout second thought, Clara went in, followed by a murmuring Kyuhyun.

She tried to lift the baby up to calm him down, but her face paled and Kyuhyun took him from her fast.

"How should I hold him?"

She took his hands and positioned them to hold the baby securely. Kyuhyun patted the little boy's back and started singing him a lullaby with his perfect voice.

Clara watched them as the boy fell asleep slowly in his arms. She smiled and looked up to Kyuhyun's face.

How I wish... she never let the thought finish. No use to even think about that. He is a shining star... And I cannot reach him, no matter how much I try.

Kyuhyun put the baby in his bed and gave her a hand.

"Come on, mommy, let's go home."

That was too much for her to bear and she felt like a bomb exploded in her heart.

She out.