When truth hurts

Shine so bright (Radio star sequel)

Heechul was driving to the hospital, while Leeteuk held firmly the mess their maknae was now. It was past midnight and the streets were fairly empty, so they reached the hospital faster than usual. Sungmin met them at the entrance, he was pale and his eyes were red, as if he had been crying.

Kyuhyun stumbled in his direction.

“Hyung! What happened?” he grabbed the older boy’s shoulders. “Tell me what happened!”

Sungmin pointed to a couch in front of the ER and started.

 

Flashback ~ Sungmin’s POV

 

I ran to the girl, that was surrounded by five drunk men. As I was approaching, one of them grabbed her. She lifted her face and I recognized her immediately. I was shouting her name but she didn’t seem to notice. She watched the full moon, tears streaming down her face, as if… she was saying goodbye… her last goodbye.

The men heard me though and two of them blocked my way.

Idiots. Did they want to die that bad?

A kick and a punch and the way was clear. Two more precise kicks and Clara was free. She looked up to me as if awaken from a trance and her eyes widened:

SUNGMIN!!!!!”

Her scream pierced the dark night.

Suddenly she took my hand and pulled my aside. Surprised, I stumbled and fell on the ground, turning around just in time to see one of them stabbing her with a knife.

 

A knife that was meant for me.

 

The manager tackled him on the ground and sent him to sleep with a massive punch. I went to Clara and took her in my lap. The wound was bad. I could guess her lungs now were filling with blood. She would suffocate if we didn’t take her to the hospital fast.

She opened her eyes for a moment. Seeing me, she smiled – a faint trace of her sunshine smile.

“It’s okay Sungmin-ah… I… I am… glad… it’s over…”

Her eyes close again and she started choking.

 

End of flashback

 

Kyuhyun’s POV

 

It was my fault. I knew it.

Because of me my girlfriend chose to walk away.

Because of me Clara was hurt more than I want to imagine.

Because of me… she is lying here… fighting for her life… dying…

 

HeeJin came here earlier and I apologized for everything. I could see now she was right. I didn’t love her anymore the way she deserved. I began to question whether I ever loved her or it was just…

No… I loved her.

I was sure of that…

But somewhere along the way it became a habit and I lost her.

 

I stared into the sleeping figure of Clara in front of me. Tubes and machines surrounded her frail figure. She looked thinner that the last time I saw her. Was she eating at all?

Another thing that was my fault.

She wanted to die… she was happy she was dying…

WHY?!?!

Was it true?

 

Do you love me, Clara-ah?

 

 

Oh, man… truth hurts.