Chapter Seven

Good Omens

"And this is the Phantom's Fountain. They say that every year, on the 22 of March, a phantom visits this fountain because when he was human, he used to wait for his lover here.  The 22nd is when he died..." Sunny poses dramatically "...of a broken heart. Now he comes here on that date, and if you happen to be sitting here by yourself, then he gets you!"

 

Donghae scoffs, "Yeah ok." He stands up, his stomach rumbling. "Can we go eat now? I'm starving!"

 

Sunny laughs "Alrighty, let's go to this fantastic Italian resturaunt. The atmosphere is so calm, so romantic!" She swoons.

Donghae stands there for a second, processing the request. Wow, she is so girly and bubbly, how can anyone stand her!

 

"YAH! I can feel your judging eyes stare holes in the back of my head! Let's go!" Sunny leads him to the car. For a tiny girl, she is incredibly strong!

They get to the resturaunt and wow, it is incredibly nice. Gold furnishings and crystal statues adorn the entrance.  A lavish car pulls up to the front, awakening the overworked valet.  

"Uhh, Sunny, this is wayyyy to fancy and it looks expensive. I'm down for a taco or something simple like this. Let's leave!" Donghae states, perplexed.

"Nonsense, you look fine. And, being the gracious person that I am, I'll pay." She wals toward the entrance, beckoning Donghae to follow.

 

Who is this woman?

 

They're directed to their table, receiving stares from the oh so posh high class snobs.  Hae doesnt mind the stares, he's used to being the outcast.  The waiter sets them down at a table, bows, then leaves them with their menus. Hae takes a look at one of the entrees. The lobster looks good. His eyebrows rocket skyward, "Sunny! The lobster is $97! Are they crazy? Is it lined with gold or something?"

 

Sunny doesn't even look at him, ignoring his sarcastic tone, she replies, "Yeah, and special toads eggs garnish the plate. The funny thing is though, there are only 150 frogs in existence right now. That's why the lobster is expensive." She continues looking.

"The cheeseburger is $50! I could get one for $5 just around the corner!" Donghae argues, visibly flabbergasted that anyone would pay that price.

"Would you calm down? I'm paying, fool! Get whatever you want!" Sunny scolds.

 

Donghae orders the least expensive thing on the menu, which is, ironically, a steak. While waiting for their food, Donghae tries to, casually, interrogate Sunny.

 

"So Sunny, what do you do?" Donghae flicks a piece of salad.

 

"Oh I'm an associate for a big lawyer firm!" Sunny looks up at him, smiling. Ooh okay, that explains nothing.

"But, if you're an associate how are you able to hang out with me the whole day? And you don't seem serious enough to be an associate anyway!"

She puts down her glass, "Donghae, some things just aren't what they seem. You should know that!"

What? Was she just playing around with him now? What the heck did she mean? Was she trying to say that she knew about his powers or did she know that he suspected her or... Ugh! This just really makes his brain hurt!

"Oh and by the way, someones coming to join us for dinner. So be prepared!" She smiles at me.

Oh. Typical.