Chapter Five

Good Omens

Donghae leaps up and tries to tail the man.  The brown haired man flirts back into the alleyway, making several turns.  Donghae, not so stealthily, follows behind him.  Suddenly, Donghae finds himself at a dead end and the man is nowhere in sight.  

 

"DONGHAE!"

 

Donghae jumps in shock, then falls down in pain.  He cries out, grasping his right forearm and hip.  The adrenaline from the shock of the crash and from seeing the stranger again must of worn off.  

 

Sunny runs to him and checks his body, mentally valuing the extent of his injuries.  She frowns. Donghae looks down and he sees a big piece of glass jutting out of the side of his hip and several gashes along his arm.

 

"Can you walk?" Sunny inquires, bubbliness and spunk completley gone from her demeanor.  Her face, cold hard, scares Donghae.  He sees that she has a few wounds too, but she doesn't seem to notice them.

Donghae tries to stand again but he immediately falls, crippled in pain.  

 

"Ok Donghae, you have to trust me now. I'll give you this pull and it will make you feel better", Sunny pulls out this small blue pill out and hands it to him.

He hesitates, hell, he only met her this morning! He looks up at her doubt fills his eyes, and she looks at him with such a steely expression that he hastily swallows the medicine.  

 

Sunny smiles at him.  She pulls out a cellphone and starts to call someone. Donghae stares at her, the drugs taking effect. Wow, they sure work fast. He can hear her talking to another person quite seriously on the phone.  Her face shows concern and strength which make her pretty features quite dark and strange.  He can't believe that a person can change their demenor so quickly.  

 

Abruptly, he starts to feel dizzy.  He can see colors swirl around his eyes, his sight starts distorting.  Frantically glancing at Sunny, he motions that he's not feeling well at all. His stomach turns and he feels extremely queasy.  All he can hear is the sound of his heavy breathing.  Sunny continues to talk on the phone and just smiles assuredly to Donghae.  Her tone of voice rises; she's almost screaming at the recipient at the other end.  Straining to hear her words, he can only make out words from broken sentences.

 

"Attacked today...Donghae wounded...Eunhyuk here.."

 

Eunhyuk? Is that the brown haired guy? "Sunny, who's Eunhyuk?" Hae manages to ask, weakly.

She ends the conversation and walks up to him. "Shhhh" she soothes "just close your eyes, you'll be better in no time."

So he does.