Chapter Two

Good Omens

So, Donghae has a secret.  It’s no regular secret, like for example, he doesn’t secretly do drugs or gamble at odd hours of the night, it’s a complicated secret.  A secret secret.

 

To begin, Donghae was born dead.  His heart had stopped beating and the doctor pronounced him legally dead.  As he had been told, his parents had put a sheet over his cold little body, and suddenly it twitched.  The whole room was shocked when the “dead” baby began to cry furiously, demanding attention.  His parents told him that it was a miracle, a complete blessing to their lives.  They were so overjoyed that their baby was alive, so together, they treasured the baby boy and raised him together, like a normal, happy family.  At least, that’s what they wanted to believe.

 

True, the baby boy had been born deceased and  then came back alive, but this was done by a sinister means.  Donghae believes that he was brought back to life by magic, or something along the lines of that.  Donghae is no ordinary being, he is extraordinary.

 

Hae can control matter, down to their individual molecules and atoms.  Specifically, he can control the disintegration of subatomic matter. Hae has the ability to mentally manipulate molecules just by focusing on an object.  With this power, Hae can understand the makeup of everything he touches.  Also, Donghae can dissolve the individual atomic bonds in all types of matter, effectively disintegrating any object, particle by particle.  

 

When Donghae was 2 years old, his teddy bear would always manage to disappear into thin air.  His parents would always buy him a new one, after the old one suddenly disappeared.  His parents never saw what happened.  These types of weird occurances ran wild throughout his childhood, things were always missing, and his parents would just ignore it.  It wasn’t until Donghae was 8 years old, when he realized his power and directly harnessed his power.  He remembered when he was in primary school and he got pushed into a locked room as a prank from his playmates.  Hae was frightened as he felt weird vibrations shudder his frail body.  Suddenly, the whole door dissolved in front of his eyes.  On that day, this subconcious power emerged into a viable, concious affinity.  On that day, he knew he was special.

 

Now, 10 years later, Donghae knows the extent and limitations of his powers.  He cannot use them excessively, for it drains him of energy and his whole body shuts down.  He can only dissolve things that he can see in front of him, if the object is not in his line of sight, then you can forget about it.  When he gets angry, his powers just slip out and multiply exponentially.  One time, when he was 11, he crashed his bike into a tree and got so mad that he completely disintegrated both the tree and the bike.  As far as he knows, he is the only one that has extraordinary powers like this, the only one that can perform supernatural acts.  Because he’s a smart guy, he never revealed his powers to anyone, not even to Kyuhyun or his parents.  He knew from a young age that if his secret were to get out he would be royally screwed.

 

Because of his secret, Donghae was lonely.  Wouldn’t you be if you were the only mutation around?  He could never tell the full truth to anyone, he was shaped into an expert liar.  He needed to be deceitful in order to live. Well, that’s what he told himself at least.  That’s why he was moving to the city, where hopefully there are others like him, where he didn’t have to lie about the strange occurrences around him.  He could hide within the vastness of the ornate concrete jungle.  That was his ultimate goal: To be himself with no constrictions.  Normality was an illusion that he saw as unattainable, so instead he opted for individual freedom.  


“Get ready, big city”, Donghae exclaimed “here I come!”

 

 


Sorry again, with another boring chapter filled with lame character backround, but my writing skills are not as exemplary as I would like, and I didn't know how to introduce his wonderful powers into this story. I promise it will get better!