Chapter One

Good Omens

Donghae sighed, leaning on the front dash of his car.  This was the last day of school, the last day of standardized testing,the last day of waking up at 6 in the morning, the last day of horrendous cafeteria food, the last day of hell.  He was tired of living in this rural farm town in the middle of nowhere; it took him 1 hour just to reach the nearest clothing store, for goodness sakes!  

 

“Beep bep, beep bep”, the school bell ringed, signalling the start of the the weary students’ trek to class.  Donghae sighed, and exits the car to begin his final testing.

 

Hour after hour, Donghae trudges on taking final test after test; the only thing fueling him was the sweet taste of freedom he was sure to feel after school.  The bell rings again, and Donghae marches to the lunch hall to meet up with his one and only friend, Kyuhyun.  

 

“Hae! Over here!”, Kyu yells out signalling his best friend.  Donghae grins and walks over to where Kyu is sitting. He sits down and Kyu starts hugging him and fake cries,  Kyu has always been the joker of the two.  They had only known each other for a few years, but they had become extremely close as the two both shared a passion for videogames, Kyuhyun being the more extreme gamer of the two.

 

“Hae, guess what”, Kyu begins “Me and two other guys pulled the best senior prank ever.  We distracted the maths teacher and then poured superglue on his seat while he was by the chalkboard.  Then when he sat down, his pants got stuck on the chair, so he had to take them off.  He was wearing pokemon briefs, ING POKEMON BRIEFS!” Kyu started laughing maniacally

 

“Then when he stood up to yell at us, we sprayed him with silly string.” Kyu started choking on air. “Then, he was furious, so he started to chase us around the classroom but tripped and fell on top of a girl, and then the principal walked in. Hahaha it was the best thing Hae, you should've been there, omg.” Kyu wipes his eyes, and continues eating his lunch.

 

“Kyu, you are such a troublemaker.  Good thing this is our last day or you would’ve been toast” Hae concludes, patting Kyu on the head.  

 

“I know. Thank the lord for this being the last day of high school! Hallelujah!” Kyu jokes jumping up on the lunch table pretending to be a priest.

 

“Hallelujah!” Hae agrees.

 

Suddenly, Kyu’s eyes go dark. “Haeeee”, he whines “After today, we probably won’t see each other. You’re moving to the city and I’m headed off in the other direction.  I’m really gonna miss you”.

Donghae feels tears well up.  Even though they have been friends for only a couple years, they were close.  He had to admit that he would really miss the boy and his eccentric personality.  Kyu had been the one thing that he could look forward to at school.  

 

“Its ok Kyu, we can still talk to each other over the Internet and you have my phone number, so we can keep in touch.”

 

“Yeah I know, but it still won’t be the same...” Kyu concludes, staring at his best friend wistfully.

 

Donghae doesn’t say anything but gives his friend a huge hug.  He was really gonna miss this kid, the one that he could confide almost all of his secrets to.  After a couple more minutes of mindless banter, the bell rang, and the two separate.  They give their final farewells and exchange meaningful hugs.

 

The rest of the day passes like a blur.  Donghae walks through the school gates and raises his arms in silent celebration.  Dobby Donghae is free!

 

 


Sorry for terrible beginning, I can NEVER start a story to save my life.  Had to start the story with the end of high school 'cause I just graduatded this year. WOO CLASS OF 2013! Yay. Next chapter ought to be better. K thanx.