Chaper Six

Good Omens

 

"Sustained minor wounds from shattered glass from imploded windshield window.."
 
"He heals quite quickly..."
 
"No signs of supernatural events..."
 
Donghae hears many voices that he can't recognize, talking about him.  He feels so sick, so restrained. Where is he? Why can't he get up? He tries to move his legs, arms, anything.  He consentrates, trying to disintegrate the bonds that hold him but, he's too disoriented that he can't focus. 
 
"Haehae," he hears Sunny's soothing voice, "Relax. Go to sleep"
 
He tries to fight it, he wants to know where he is and what's happening. However, he can't fight the wave of nausea and the impending darkness. 
 
Hae wakes up in his apartment, alone. Hastily, checking his arm and hip.  There's nothing there, no scars, bandages or anything. Was it all a dream? But, no dream could be that vivid, that real. Donghae doesn't even know anymore. He laughs bitterly, he doesn't know anything, expecially concerning his own life. 
 
He sighs and gets up to take a shower. The water feels incredible, a well needed relaxant. He can feel the muscles relax in his back and legs; the shower was a special place for him.  He thinks back to the couple days that he's spend in the city and laughs.  This is SOO not how he'd planned to live in the city.  Well, he had to admit, it was kind of exciting.  
 
After he finished showering, he wraps a towel around his waist and scrutinizes his reflection in the mirror. Yep, still hot as ever; he smiles at his reflection. 
 
"Damn, you've been staring at yourself for a good five minutes. Are you done yet?" Sunny suddenly appears in the doorway. 
 
"! SUNNY!" Donghae leaps at least three feet.  "What are you doing here?". Donghae narrows his eyes in an accusatory glare, "How long have you been there?".
 
"Woww, again with the meaningless questions." She clucks her tounge.  "I've been here long enough Haehae", she smiles mischievously. 
Hae looks at her in horror and pushes her out of the bathroom and locks the door, hearing her cackling outside. 
 
~~~
 
"So, what happened yesterday Sunny? Or was it even yesterday? What happened to me?" Donghae starts rocketing questions, again.
 
Sunny raises her eyebrows, "Happened? Nothing happened yesterday. Unless you're talking about that pizza incident yesterday. I already apologized for that!"
 
"No", Donghae responds, frustrated "the car accident and then that guy... Eunhyuk was it?"
 
"Haehae", Sunny states at him like he's a retard "What accident? What guy? All we did was hang out in the city!"
 
"I clearly remember the accident Sunny, I got hurt and you took me to the hospital or something and now I'm here." Donghae furrows his eyebrows. 
 
"Sweetie, none of that happened. You must of had a weird dream or something." Sunny explains, looking genuinely surprised. 
 
Donghae's not buying it, not one bit. He doesn't know why she's hiding it or how she made his wounds dissapear, but he knows there's just something off about this situation.  
 
Wait. Maybe she has superpowers like him! That would explain the healing and disjointed memories.  It's improbable but not impossible. She looks perfectly fine too! Not a scratch on her. 
 
Ok all he has to  do is be precautious about this. If he were to find out if she had powers like him, he'd have to test her. He had to see if she could heal or not.  Maybe, he could hurt himself. Yes! He could injure himself and then see if she would heal him. Perfect! But it has to be a big injury, bad enough for her to heal him. How would he get a big injury? Maybe..
 
"Hae...YAH EARTH TO DONGHAE!" Sunny shakes him to her attention. "Why are you staring at me like I'm the last chicken nugget on a plate?"
 
Donghae blushes, embarrassed. "How about we go look around the city? You can show me some cool places." 
 
Sunny grins, "I thought you'd never ask. Yeah, I can finally show you around." She picks up her purse. "Let's go now!" She pulls on his arm and he stands up. 
 
They walk to the door and Donghae opens the door for Sunny to walk through.
 
"Oh wait! Donghae I forgot something in the bathroom, I'll be right down. You go ahead." Sunny explains.
 
Once Donghae had left the apartment, Sunny pulls out her phone and types a few numbers in it. 
 
"Yeah it's me, I don't know how longer I can do this, he suspects something... Well yes I know, but he rmembers some if the accident! I thoughtyou took care of this!... He might get hurt!... Yes, I understand."