Chapter Three

Good Omens

“Oh and don’t forget to call everyday and send me e-mails often!” Donghae’s mother calls out.  

 

"Yeah mum, I know", Donghae responds half heartedly.  

 

Donghae's parents wipe tears from their eyes and hug their son with vigor. Donghae's dad pats him on the back and Donghae breaks away from his parents.  Today is the day he leaves, it is sort of a bittersweet moment for him. He'll miss his parents and friend for sure, but freedom was calling him.  He walks out the front door, wistfully observing his childhood home.  Memories of sunny summers, colorful toys, proud moments flood his senses.  He sure is gonna miss the place.

 

"Bye sweetie! We love you!" his parents chorus, waving at him in his car.  Donghae smiles his trademark toothy smile at his parents and waves back.  He starts his car and he's off! Just a 7 hour drive til the city, lovely.

 

Donghae drives through the rural townships, through the calm suburbs, and on to the bustling city.  When he sees the telltale skyscrapers, he squeals inside. Finally! It only took 4 coffee stops and 7 potty breaks.

 

Maybe Donghae misplaced it in an effort to leave his town, but he could not find the directions to his new apartment.  You see, Donghae was a smart guy but sometimes things got "lost" around him.  He never knew if he subconsciously disintegrated them or if he actually was very absent minded.  But being the persevering fellow that he was, he wandered the streets looking for any indication of where his bloody apartment was.

 

2 hours later, and still no luck.  But the city was magnificent.  Bright neon lights glittered against polished, modern buildings.  Skyscrapers artfully pocketed, each individually keyed with its own architectural style.  Clubs and restaurants galore; no more being bored.  Clothes shops, liquor shops, furniture shops, hell, even shops clustered in the city.  All of this was  connected by busy roads, honking with frustrations.  The city was bustling with life, diversity, and opportunity.  Donghae could help but stare at awe, glossy eyed at the pure life of the city.

 

Turn after turn, he navigates the city streets.  Bashfully, he manages to get a local to tell him where his apartment is at.  With newfound confidence, he finds the street, as the local described.  Hae gets out of his car, and starts to walk down the alleyway.  He's nervous as he navigates through the creepily dark corridor.  He can see garbage littered down the path.  Rats squawk at Hae, scaring the out of him.  He heard heavy footsteps running down towards his direction.  Hae feels the adrenaline kick in and he mentally prepares himself in case he had to use his powers.  The footsteps come closer and Hae hides behind a garbage can, ready to attack.  

 

Suddenly,  a tall brown haired man enters into his line of vision.  He wears all black, adorning even a black masquerade-esque mask.  The lean built man leans looks around him furiously, as if trying to find something.  He mutters a few choice cuss words, then bends down to draw a symbol on the cold ground.  He chants a couple of words in a tongue that Hae had never heard of before, and purposely saunters off.  Donghae relaxes, as the lean figure disappears into the distance.  He leans over to look at the symbol that the brown  haired vigilante had drawn on the ground, it comprised of three circles, each circle drawn within the previous one with three dots and three lines in the middle.  Shrugging it off as graffiti, Donghae walks out of the corridor convinced that the guy who he had gotten directions from had been a liar.  

 

Completely exhausted, he postponed the search for his apartment and drives to the nearest hotel and books a room for the night.  


Laying in bed, he tries to shake the memory of the man out of his mind.  He can't help but have the feeling that he knows man, like he's seen the man before. The man engulfs his mind as he falls asleep, falling into the depths of his subconscious.