Two

A Piece Of Heart

“That’s what I wanted to ask you, Miss,” he growled as he ruthlessly pushed her across the kitchen. He turned and shouted at Sooyoung who stood transfixed. “Mrs. Choi, please call across the street and asked to Tae Min to monitor the phone. Have them check the car outside. I will be in office room, but if there is no immediate problem, do not bother me. And please do not go anywhere even without a bodyguard.”

“Ne. Arraseo,” Sulli heard the woman said weakly.

Apparently she usual ordered by this brutal man, but Choi Sulli will not. So there is a chance she will be spray it out this man.

Minho pushed her into a small paneled room and slammed the door, locked it aloud. Sulli turned to face him, ready to fight. She was scared to death when the man took off her coat that she wore roughly. He tossed the coat to a leather couch to the corner of the room. Sulli stunned so do not protest when he yanked on the bottom of her blouse out of her skirt. He pushed her to the nearest wall, facing the wall, and stretched her arms above her head.

Sulli snapped angrily as he holds down the bottom of her arms and the side of her body. Without hesitation, he moved his hand around her ribs, above her , among it, and down to her waist. His hands infiltrate behind her waist skirt and examine her stomach and hips. After down to the outside of her thigh, he turned her to face him.

Sulli has never felt angry as now. Her blood is boiling, making her head throb. She blinked to clear the view, which is blurred because of anger.

“You do not remove my clothes as well?” She mocked.

“Just when I thought it was necessary. Not for now. But do not feel relieved yet.”

His answer arbitrarily is made Sulli getting hot and she tried to push him and keep a distance between them. Minho is obeying her and took a step back.

“Who do you think you are treated me like this, huh? I ask for your explanation right now!” she knew that her words would not deter this barbar person. Even in her ears that sounded bland, melodramatic, and childish, but she had a headache, and felt she was unable choose more fitting words.

“Calm down, Miss. I would introduce myself, and then we end all this rage and talk about who really you are– it’s a problem that is more appropriate.”

He pulled his wallet out of his pocket and opened it. He held is as close as possible so she could read: Choi Minho, South Korea’s Ministry of Finance.

Sulli’s eyes widened from the official badge to his eyes, which piercing. She could feel herself melting if she has been looked like that by him. Her energy and anger are evaporated.

Oh my God! She involved herself in the affair of what is this?

“Nice to meet you, Miss Choi,” he said harshly. He grabbed her arm as strong as before, and pushed to the leather couch. “Sit down and do not move,” he ordered.

Sulli was surprised and confused to protest, and instinctively obeyed and plunked down on the couch. Minho picked up her coat and searched all the pockets. Not finding anything, he returned it to the couch. Sulli unconsciously folded and placed it beside her. She did not want to wear it again or put in her blouse. She was like a fever-stricken, and her skin felt hot.

He went to the door and opened it. “Tae Min?” he shouted.

“Yeah, hyung.’

“Bring me the bag on the couch in the living room.”

“Okay,” replied the invisible voice.

“And get my glasses.”

“There at the table next to the chair you sit on before,” said Sulli automatic. Minho looked surprised. Sulli wanted to bite her tongue. Now he knew that she was watching him and his unconscious actions.

“Check on the edge of the table,” he said, turning to the door.

While waiting for his subordinate carry out his orders, Minho is oversees Sulli. Feeling awkward, she is fidgeting and once again felt like specimens that need to be observed carefully. She tried to met his gaze, but failed. In her lifetime, she never felt more nervous or surprised as the situation changes. Borrowing a phrase from her mother, she was dead wind.

Tae Min is younger than his boss, tall but not as tall as Minho, with golden blonde hair. His face was quite interesting, beautiful man, thought Sulli. Minho is taking his glasses and Sulli’s bag from the younger man and asked, “how about the car?”

Tae Min glanced at Sulli, but his face did not show any expression. Another characteristic of people like him, thought Sulli. “It’s clear, hyung. The car was rented today just after noon at the Incheon International Airport.”

“Okay, thank you.” Tae Min turned to leave, but Minho stopped him. “Bring me all the things in the car– handbag, suitcase, anything that you think might be important. The car is still unlocked?”

Tae Min nodded and left, closing the door. Minho is facing her and re-looked at her with long and without compromise. While wearing his glasses, he said, “Well, Miss Choi, start talking.” He walked to the table and poured the contents of her bag onto the surface.

“I do not want to talk until you tell me what the problem is. What gives you the right to insult and asked me like this? What happened? And, Minho-shi, I intend to propose a complaint with your boss about the harassment and your impolite attitude.”

He raised an eyebrow and looked vaguely amused to see her courage. “Go ahead. Propose your complaint. Every day we were accused of doing things that are worse than this. They definitely would believe my speech. Anyway, Miss, you’re not in a position that allows you to drop ultimatum. At times I can be angry. Believe me, you should avoid it.” His eyes stared insolently and Sulli flushed as she remember how he’d been kissed her.

Why would he do that?

“Start talking,” he warned with the low voice and threatening.

Alright, Mr. Government’s Agent, I join your game for a while and later you will suffer because insult me like this.

“What do you want to know?” She asked curtly.

“Your name.”

“I have told you.”

“Say it again.”

She sighed. “Choi Sulli.”

“Address.”

“Geumjeong District number 4435, Busan.”

“It what said in the driver’s license. Good,” he said. While Sulli talk, he examined the objects in her bag. He researched the driver’s license, count money in the wallet for a second, checkbook and a list of snippet checks. “Go on,” he said.

“What–“

“What are you doing here?”

“I’ve told you before,” she said bitterly. Her patience to face this bastard nearly depleted. She quickly tired of following this police-robber’s game.

Minho looked up her, his eyes were dark, and said, “Say it again.” His steely voice was did not want to be debated.

“I was adopted when I’m a baby. During the several years I searched for my real parents and my brother, who only recently I knew about his existed. We separate when adopted by the different families. Apparently at time the adoption agencies are not sensitive to things like that.”

He ped her makeup bag and check out all the lipstick, powder, and a small container contents. He sniffed the tiny glass bottles of Lauren’s perfume. He opened the pill box and pulled out a small white table.

“That’s aspirin,” said Sulli defensive.

He nodded and closed the box again. “I’m not accusing anything,” he retorted. “Go on.”

“I know that Choi Siwon is my brother. I came here today from Busan to introduce myself to him. That’s it. You know the rest. Now please tell me what’s going on all this.”

Minho closed back zipper cosmetic bag and threw it to the table. Upon pushing glasses to the top of the head, he sat on the corner of the table, with folded arms. While still watching her, he said, “Choi Siwon was fraud two millions won from Incheon National Bank ten days ago. Since then he has not been seen or heard.”

That flat words and obviously is hit her chest like a cannon ball. The effect is terrific. For a moment, she could not breathe, and when it finally recovers, her breathe is rapid and panting.

Before she had time to react about the crushing news earlier, Tae Min opened the door and brought in two suitcases and her leather length coat. He put the suitcases on the floor and put her coat on a chair. Then he went with calm as his arrival.

‘Let’s try it again, Miss Choi, if that’s your true name,” Minho said. “How long have you known Siwon?’

Her eyes were wide and wonder. “I...I’ve never met him,” she stammered. “I told you that I–“

‘I know what you said, Miss Choi. But I must admit is rather fantastic story. Just be honest to me. Are you involved in this fraud?”

“Mwo!” Sulli jumped off the couch. “You must be crazy!”

“Sit down,” he growled ferociously.

Sulli withdraw from that terrible face threatening to the back of her knees on the couch and she threw herself onto there. “I’ve never met my brother,” she said slowly.

Minho knelt on the floor beside the suitcase and unlocked it. Lacy underwear and nightgown fell into his hands when he opened the lid. He lifted each piece, watching it carefully. The thin blue night gown with the beige lace body is drawing his attention. Slowly he rubbed that gown. Looking up, he said, “Beautiful.”

Sulli with red face because embarrassment and anger. “I’m waiting,” said the government agent while continuing examined the contents of her suitcase.

“Waiting for what? Confession?” Sulli asked sweetly.

Minho stood up and leaned on her before she finished speaking. “Damn, I’m getting sick with your cunning and your smart answers. I want the truth from you and I want it now. Do you understand?” He holds her hips, trap it under his body. Sulli can feel his hot breath and pursue in her face. His eyes were very brown and looked at her with anger.

“Ne,” Sulli is sizzling and gritting her teeth.

Gradually he is straightening up and backwards. Was he disappointed of himself for a moment because losing control before? He looks difficult being cold and indifferent again.

“What business are you engaged in?”

“I’ve told you...” Sulli quickly fell silent when she saw his face started to twitch upset. And she replied with anger, “My company named Spotlight. We organized a fashion show for department stores, organizations, individuals, anyone who needs our services. We do everything, from hiring models and select clothing that will be displayed, to order flowers as well as drinks and snacks.”

“I’m sorry, Miss Choi, but an ordinary career woman would unable to rent a Mercedes, carry cash twenty-five thousands won in the bag, and wore an Oscar de la Renta suit.”

How could he know the amount of money that was just a glimpse he counted? How could he know the designer of her dress? Sulli glance at a coat lying beside her on the couch and look at the label seemed obvious to those who have the eagle eyes and the fox brain.

The confused man saw it and said, “I indeed only a civil servant, but I have heard about Oscar de la Renta, and I know for sure you’re wearing suits cost same as a week of my salary. Where did you get that much money, Miss Choi?”

“I worked hard,” Sulli is screaming. “I’m not an ‘ordinary career woman,’ Minho-shi. I have a company and twelve staff office and talented people. My business is very, very successful.”

“Congratulations,” Minho mocked. “Where did you obtain the capital to start a business like that?”

“From my husband.”

The answer looks like a startled him and his eyes narrowed suspiciously. “I thought you said that you were not married.”

“Indeed,” said Sulli. When looking at the man took a step forward, she raised her hands. “I’m a widow.”

His reaction when he heard that statement at all beyond expectations. Minho looked up and laughed out loud. “Jeez, you’re not desperate, huh? I can not wait to hear this story,” he said with a chuckle.

“I’m not lying too!” sulli shout.

“Please continue. I held my breath waiting for the sequel.” Minho bowed with mocking style.

“Right out of college, I went to Daegu, where I worked for two years as a model of the stage, so I moved one working in the apparel company as a model.” She could see from the expression of his skeptical that the statement is clear less. “You know, each clothes model, each fashion house, has a model for a standard size. I have an eight size. They make all their patterns by me– as long as I retain the right size.”

She her lip nervously, because Minho staring at her as if trying to decide whether the size is correct or not. “My job is great because if I am not needed by the designer or taylor, I learned about the business– design, colors, materials, accessories, and even the delivery and billing.”

“I think all of models are tall, thin, and flat-chested. But you, Miss Choi,” he grinned, “tall, slim, but definitely not flat-chested.”

Her cheeks felt hot and the response was just a murmur, “I told you that I was not a successful model of the stage.”

After a long and uncomfortable silence, he asked, “What happened to this great job?”

“I’m married.”

“Oh, yeah. I almost forgot about the husband.”

Sulli restrain anger and said flatly, “The owner of the company was married me. We just got married a few months when the doctor diagnosis that he had end-stage cancer. He died. He left me money. I went back to Busan and set up Spotlight.”

“He’s older than you?”

“Yes.”

“So you live from his heritage and rented Mercedes with his money?”

“No, Minho-shi,” she denied fiercely. “From the first marriage he had one grown child. Much of his fortune was given to his child. I asked him to give me just enough money to set up my own business.”

“Nice of you.” He was checking the contents of her smaller suitcase now. Her stuff is very feminine and Sulli hate his actions that casually rifling through her suitcases. She never had a secret anymore of this guy.

Minho held up a box of tablets and lifting his brow. “Birth control pills?”

Sulli is so angry with his attitude. “Not. Antibiotics. I had sore throat last week.”

“Medicine from doctors usually does not like this.”

“I get it at the doctor’s office, from the supply of medicine sample. So I did not need to go to the pharmacy.”

He seemed satisfied with the answer. While sniffing a piece of scented soap, he said, “You must think that I’m stupid, Miss Choi. You use your maiden name, is not it?” Sulli nodded. “Why? Are you ashamed to marry a man with cancer and inherits his money when he dies?”

Sulli was felt her blood that had been receding, rising at a rapid rate. Jumping off the couch, she went to him and raised her hand, intend to vigorously slap his face. He caught her hand and twisted her arm behind her back, very hurts.

Minho pulled her closer to his body, causing Sulli helpless and unable to move. “If I were you, I would not try to do it again,” he threatened. “Well, why do not you use your husband’s name? If you were married.”

“My husband’s name is Jong-woon. I’m married to Kim Jong-woon. His name until now was known in the garment industry. I do not use his name because sanctimonious bastards like a kind of you would think that his money and his name, not my work hard, which makes my business successful.”

His arms is pinning and getting stronger and Sulli gasp in pain due to the way he bent her arm behind. She looked cold brown eyes of the man.

Her anger suddenly mixed with confused feelings. Pain in her arm was lost when she realized that their bodies were sticking. The chest which pressing her s felt like a brick wall. His legs are muscular thighs rub until it finds the right position.

His cold eyes, which sometimes ago was exudes anger, began to light up with something much more frightening. Each her inch of face stares by hot brown eyes and she felt her eyes, temples, cheeks, and her lip like a by flame. When she realized, but could not resist a nice feeling tightness in her chest, she was down. Soon she felt the tension in her body is reduced, and he was let her go.

Sulli turned, calm down, and, because there is nothing else to be done, she sitting again on a leather couch.

“Who is your boyfriend’s name?” he asked, pointing the large ring at her left finger. Does his voice sound different? Not confidence as before? Rather vibrate?

“Kim Jong-in. He is a businessman from Busan.”

Minho laughed and mocking again. “Kim Jong-in! Jong-in, my gosh,” he said, chuckling. “Does his car was El Dorado with long horns on the hood?”

“I can not embrace you’re despicable, Minho-shi!”

“You have to embrace whatever I say,” he exploded, has lost his laugh. “Not for a second did I believe everything you told me. Thought you were some sort of contact for Siwon. Did you come today to see him, but instead you met me. You chattering about this and think that I’m stupid enough to believe it. Think about it, Miss.”

“Stop calling me ‘Miss’. You know my name.”

“At least it’s a name that you tell me, Miss Choi. Or Ms. ? Never mind,” he said when he saw Sulli will protest. “I just remember that we are the same in our first name. However, we are not siblings, right? What would you do with two millions won? Does the money will be used to buy weapons and guns to be sent to North Korea? Or maybe you’re here to sell drugs anesthetic. Or buy it. I do not know, but it will come out.”

“You’re crazy,” Sulli whispered hoarsely. “You just check my story. Call my office. Call Jong-in.”

“You sound not like Busan’s accent.”

“I live in Daegu for five years. My dialect is gone.”

“If what you say is true, anyone who knows that you’re looking for your long-lost brother?”

“My work-partners. Jong-in. My mother, Mrs. Goo Jae-hee. She lived in Seo District, Gwangju.”

He is taking notes on a pad that be taken out from his shirt pocket. He stopped writing. “You said that she lived in Busan.”

“She moved to Gwangju to live with her sister after my father, Lee Tae-joon, died.”

“Who was her sister’s name” Minho asked quickly. Sulli told him. “The phone number.” She gave the phone number and address of her aunt.

Minho closed the note and said, “Just relax, Miss Choi. I have to call some people.” He went to the door and turned to her while holding the knob. “Tae Min is in front of the door.”

“Do you think that I’ll pull out a machine gun from behind the skirt and destroy this place?” Sulli asked with all the resentment that can be collected.

“Ani-ya,” Minho growled. “I know what’s behind your skirt.” His eyes wandered to the brash Sulli’s body before he stepped into the hallway and closed the door.

Sulli flashed, pacing, angry, and cursing Mr. Choi Minho for half an hour. Because none of the actions that it take energy to produce something or to change the situation, finally she kneeling on the floor, tidying up the suitcases. Her hands were shaking as she touched the nightgown that had been held by Minho gently, as if it.

He was horrible, like to order someone, scare people, insulted her for no apparent reason. Every brutal actions, even when he kissing her. Why her brain is insist to think about it when she wanted to forget the incident? She consoled herself: that man does not her brother, is not included in one of her sins.

I do not want to think about the kiss, she insisted to herself. She also would not think the feeling is not known which appear in every time when Minho looked at her sharply. Her lip were open when he looked at her as hugged is just reaction accident. Choi Sulli did not have any feelings about it. Sure.

Then why is she arguing with herself?

Her head rests on the back of the couch and closed her eyes when the government agent is open the door. She jumped. Is she asleep?

“You’re not lucky today, Miss Choi.”

“What do you mean?” Sulli was angry because her voice trembling fear.

“I obtained the phone number of Spotlight from the information section. Nobody picked up the phone.”

“Mwo?” She shouted. Then she realized why. She saw her watch. “Now after six o’clock in Busan. Everybody’s gone home,” she complained.

“Kim Jong-in was in Jeiju for two days. There was no answer at the Gwangju.”

Sulli is rubbing her brow nervously. Thought, Sulli. She commanded herself. Yet her mind filled with the events of the last few hours. It’s been a long time since she boarded the plane from Busan this morning. She was exhausted and could not think straight. So many unexpected events, confusing, bombarded in one afternoon.

“There is a result of my investigation which benefit for you. I asked Mrs. Choi Sooyoung, is her husband was adopted son. It was true.”

“Then you believe me now for sure.” She hated the pleading tone in her voice and she could feel the tears flooded her eyes.

“A little,” he admitted.

“Oh, thank you, Minho-shi. If you do not mind, now I want to go. It was long and tiring day. I would stay at the hotel if you need to ask me again. Worried about my brother and I wanted to know what happened. I will not leaving Incheon until all this mess sorted out.”

She took her bag, coat, and suitcases, and walked to the door. She never got there. Minho held her shoulder and took her bag from her hand.

“Wrong again, Miss Choi. You’re not going anywhere. You’ll spend the night here. With me.”