Nine

A Piece Of Heart

A few hours later she was walking out of the bathroom, rubbing her wet hair with a towel, when someone knocked on the door. She was wearing a bathrobe, so she said, “Come in.”

Taemin poked his head out from behind the door. “Miss Choi, there is a call for you from Jong-in or whatever his name was. Would you like to receive his call?”

Jong-in! Startled she covered with her hands. Taemin looked at her curiously and she stammered, “Y-yes, I will. Told him to wait a moment please.”

“Just take the phone in Mrs. Choi’s room. You do not need to go down.”

“Thank you, Taemin.”

Taemin was about to leave the door when he turned around and said, “By the way, I’m glad that you’re getting better.”

Before Sulli could respond, he was looked down embarrassed and hurried away. Compared with the usual spiel of him which is short, his words just like a speech this time.

Sulli restore a wet towel to the bathroom and brushed her hair linger. She is playing for time. What is she have to say to Jong-in? She does not want to talk to her fiance soon after making love with Minho.

She fell asleep after he left and did not have time to think about her reaction to their intimacy. The awesomeness that was still too new, too personal, too sacred. She wanted to reflect on the memorable events, repeating events, feeling every sensation back, listened, while her mind replay all that was Minho whispers.

But if she does not talk to Jong-in, who knows what he will do. He probably would draw the wrong conclusions―or right―and act without thinking.

She sighed when out of the room and went to Sooyoung’s room, she better talk to him now than later. Long distance is not the right way to end the engagement, so she will talk to him normally. So can go to Busan, she will tell him that she cannot to marry him.

Especially now.

“Yeobo-seo,” said Sulli.

“Well, finally, Sugar. Why do you so long? Been five minutes I waited in this damn phone, are you okay, Baby?”

Have Jong-in ever calling her name? She thought irritably. She immediately felt bad because upset so she frivolous as happy as possible and said, “I’m great, Jong-in. Sorry you had to wait.” She did not give any explanation.

“What about your brother? You like him?” his voice making her ear pain. Gaiety and spirit like never exhausted, somehow feels stale. In stark contrast to the heartless man―Minho―, took seriously, and when he laughed, his laugh is very special. “Sugar, are you sleep?” Jong-in boomed on the phone.

“Oh, no. I...uh...I have not yet met Siwon,” she grumbled.

“How does it can happen, Baby? Everything is alright, are you?”

“Yes, yes,” she replied hastily. “He happened to be out of town and his wife, Sooyoung, think better we do not tell him anything until he...uh...settle the business transaction being administer.” Was what she said sounds reasonable? She is not used to lying and difficult to do. It’s hard to concentrate when Minho passionate faces hanging over her eyes and loving words he had whispered in a husky voice echoed in her ear.

“I just got home from Seoul yesterday. We developed our business, Sugar. I wish you were here to celebrate with me.”

“Nice, Jong-in,” she said. What does it matter if his business was developing? He’s been very successful.

“This morning I called your office and Victoria gave me this number. Who is the man who picked it up if he is not your brother?”

Do not ever underestimate the shrewdness of Jong-in.

“He...,” thought, Sulli! “He was a business associate of Siwon. He stopped by to deliver some documents. Sooyoung and I were in the flower garden outside. That’s why need for a couple of times I answer your phone. He must find us first.”

She did not want to tell him that she was ill on Jong-in. He would have jumped on a next plane to Incheon. Last fall she was diagnosed to the common cold or influenza. The next day she stumbled out of bed to open the door because someone rang the bell and were astonished to see a registered nurse standing on the porch before report her presence. Jong-in insisted on sending her. No, she did not want him to know that she was ill.

“When will your brother come home? When will you come home? I’m loney like a possum, Honey. I miss you.”

What was Minho whispered in her ear before? 'Ah, Sulli... Yeah, just like that... Yeah... I’ll wait... I’ll wait, dear...' “I miss you too, Jong-in,” she heard herself speak without thinking about the words.

“I know this is important to you, Darlin’, if not, I would not be willing you to go on this long.”

“And I know that you’re not as lonely as you say,” she said lightly. “Have you minimize your dinner banquet from six to four this week?”

“Oh come on, Honey. Do not tempt me,” Jong-in sulking. “You know that I do not enjoy it if you are not with me. Come back soon, Sweetheart. I love you, you know.”

Sulli swallowed. Is she ever said about love to Minho? How about herself? Has she said, ‘Minho, I love you?’ seems never. If so, surely she remembers. “I know, Jong-in,” she whispered. “And I love you.” But not a love like that. It is not enough. A little bit was not.

“Is there anything you need? Money? Nothing I can do for you?”

He was very, very kind to her. Is Jong-in will be hurt if she tells that she suddenly falls in love with another man? “No, Jong-in. I’m fine. I’ll call you a day or two and tell you my plan.”

“Okay, Honey. Take care yourself well. At Incheon there are a lot of strange men, you know. Be careful, huh?”

“Arraseo. I promise. Goodbye, Jong-in.”

“Bye-bye, Baby.” Sulli looked the diamond at her finger and admired it―flawless gems are priceless. But the cool reflection. This diamond is not exude warmth. It does not touch her with fire as did a pair of brown eyes under the golden brow. The eye has more facets and prisms of light rather than a cut gemstone is perfect.

She took off the ring and, after walking back to her room dazed, she headed to the dressing table where she put the jewelry box. She lifted the lid, the ring dropped into the box and closing it again without hesitation.

When finished drying and styling her hair, wearing casual trousers and wool angora sweater. Her body trembled with exhaustion. The warm shower was really good, but she was so weak and dizzy. She desperately needs food.

She came down and talked to Taemin, who sat not far from the phone on the coffee table. Then she moved into the kitchen and the lights. The rain has stopped, but it was still cloudy and dark. She could not find canned potato soup that Minho ever mentioned, so she made a grilled cheese sandwich and a cup of broth.

Sandwich is running out, and she was sitting, sipping the broth when the back door open and Minho entered. Her face turn out beamed. She knows that she look fresh and pretty, her face flushed at the thought that they would meet again later. Were Minho dare kissed her in front of Taemin?

The greetings exhilaration never spoken when Minho turned around after closing the door and facing her. His face was harder and colder than the first day when he opened the door. His eyes glittered like pieces of ice when staring at her intently. His body tensed, his muscles throbbing angry.

“I see that you are feeling stronger. It is go great, the influence of the little exercise.” His tone is bitter and sharp words, intentionally hurtful and full of satire.

“I’m much better,” she said timidly. Why Minho glared at her? “Y-you want to eat?” she hated herself for sputtered so. What she had done to make him upset like that? What he does not remember the events that happened just a few hours ago?

“No. I hate the broth.”

“Wanna something cold?”

“No, thank you, Miss Choi,” he said politely excessive force. “I came because I wanted to borrow and drive your car actually. Your rental car,” he corrected. “Kibum just called, he told that the car he used to bring Mrs. Choi strike. They were in the garage. Mrs. Choi wants me to pick her up.”

“Yes, of course.”

“She asked you to come―if you can.”

Sulli stood unsteadily and nodded. “With pleasure, I will come with you. I want to breathe fresh air.”

“I do not know why, Miss Choi. I think your physical condition is perfect,” he scoffed. He turned his back and left the room into the living room.

Why is he acting like that? What has happened in the last few hours so the gentle and loving man was turn to a rude man and hateful? How he can forget their romance is so fervent?

The answer to her own question it hit her like a splash of ice water on her face. Their romance was not too amazing for Minho. The romance as it is probably just normal ties for a man like Minho. In this case love is not blind. Sulli know that other women are also interested in the appearance of the mighty man. Choi Sulli including a row of women who could satisfy his appetite for a while. He could easily forget what happened superbly.

She felt so most stupid people on earth. She did not protest in the slightest. Her conscience defense failed miserably. Choi Sulli, who was always proud of her morality and righteous lifestyle, has been handed her body on a man without consider the moral consequences for a moment. Now, because of the attitude of Minho, she was guilt―stricken and angry at herself.

The man should treat her with rude and mocking attitude, then turned her heartless and left the room. If he just shouted taunts, she would be able to hold it, because she felt it deserved to be treated so. But suddenly she felt angry. Like women in general, one thing that she cannot be tolerated of man is ignorance. She hurried out of the kitchen, her eyes flashing, ready to fight. Quenched her anger when she saw him leaning over the table, talking quietly to Taemin. He wears glasses when studying the report submitted one of his agents. That’s when he raised his hand and pushed his glasses up his forehead. It was a sweet habit. Minho, what’s wrong? Sulli cried silently.

He spun toward her as if to hear the question. Damn! Minho swore to himself. Why did she look so pretty? The coral sweater accentuate the sleekness of her face that he knew evenly in all parts of her body. Gray trousers wraps her backside like a glove and he could almost feel the tight muscles in the palm of his hand.

Dark curly hair was like a crown on her head and he knows how the hair can be curled with the sensual in his fingers. Her eyes, which immediately charmed as he looked at her, now exudes luster. The unmistakable luster shows new experiences with a man. Himself.

He almost managed to convince himself that if he met Sulli again, not in an intimate room due to rain, the mystery will be revealed: it’s all just a pretense, just appeal banter. No one can give as much pleasure it. Manipulative brain had exaggerated the trivial ual experience to be an experience that shook the soul.

How can Sulli live this long, with luring appearance, without ever have with men? When it unexpectedly found she was still a , he almost quit. Almost. At that time, hell or high water also could not stop him.

But what about her husband? Sulli is probably lying about the matter. The rich fiancee must have been the world’s most stupid. Anyone follish enough to let her remain a woman as inappropriate betrayed the cunning .

He sighed inwardly. Okay, Minho, she was not a sneaky . Until a few hours ago she was still a . Choi Minho has never taken anyone’s ity. He did not force her. Why Sulli gave up without telling him?

Why? Why did she let him make love to her? More than that, why did she participate in a way that made him feel, until this morning, he has not had ever?

He never accepted it as deep and surrender. Sulli covered him with perfection so tightly that their romance is more than just the union of two bodies, but also the union of two souls. Even after he gave all of himself he could leave before he became a victim of that passionate thirst again.

Now he looked at her and did not know whether to slap frimly for lying or kiss her until she was screaming his name as she does when passion welled up in them and unify them.

He said quickly, “Take the coat and car keys.” Turned to Taemin he said, “I will not be long. I’ll be right back.”

“Sure, Hyung,” he responds.

His hand firmly holding her upper arm when he pushed her out the door and toward the Mercedes. “You trust me to drive?” he asked.

“The only thing that I’m sure you are able to do is to be barbaric.” Sulli wrenched her arm and threw the key. She comes around to the passenger seat without a guard. The both of the door slammed hard and Minho start the engine, cursing softly when the engine is cold it took a long time to heat up. Finally he put the gear and they were off.

It’s comfortable being outside. Sulli push the button that automatically rolled down the window and breathe in the frigid night air. They drove through the streets in silence. Minho’s hand holding the steering wheel with a steady and he never took his eyes off the road.

Feeling confused, hurt, and angry fight in her mind, but she did not want to let Minho how messed up her mind. She would never deign to ask what had happened to the man’s demeanor changed so drastically. She did not have to wait long to find out.

Sulli looked up at him with surprise when he swerved off the highway and into the big-lane tree-lined. She realized they were in one of the parks, however this area is not lighted and deserted. Minho stepped on the brakes and turn off the engine. Large trees bare branches spread over them like an umbrella without the fabric. The evening fog wrapping them in shocked silence.

Minho extended his right arm along the back of the chair when he was facing Sulli. Dark shadows on his face, making him look creepy. At a moment Sulli filled with dread.

“You must be proud of yourself half to death, Miss Choi.”

“What do you mean?” Sulli asked.

“I mean, you managed to seduce a man who should not be fooled so easily.”

“Please, Minho, I do not know what do you mean.” She tried to contain her anger with heart palpitations. “Are not we to supposed to see-“

“They can wait,” he snapped. “I want to resolve this problem with you here and now.”

Her anger culminating when hear the heated tone of his voice. “Solving the problem with me? I do not know what are you talking about.”

Sulli was surprised to see him smile, but the smile did not reach his eyes. “You’re sorely missed by the lonely possum, Sugar,” he said with a perfect copy Jong-in’s Busan accent.

Sulli began to understand. Feelings of shame and anger swept over her. “You are listening! Do you eavesdrop on my conversation!”

The man shrugged dismissively. “Habit. I listen to all incoming calls to the Choi family. You know that.”

Granted, but she forgot. “But you know the phone for me personally. Should not have anything to do with you!”

“Oh, but no, Miss Choi,” he retorted quickly. “You’d be surprised at how much information there for me. Now I know that you are forked tongue.”

“No!” She denied vehemently.

“No? ‘I miss you, Jong-in. I love you, Jong-in’,” he mimicked. “You forgot to tell Jong-in that what you did was not long before he was called.”

“Disgusting,” gushes Sulli.

“You are absolutely right,” he shouted. “I think Jong-in will take it quite disgusting to know that his fiancee this morning learn sleeping with unmatched intelligence.”

She did not even think anything when slapped. She did not realize it until the slap sound through the atmosphere tense in the car. Her palm felt hot, but the pain is comparable with the chance to see the expression on his stunned face.

But her victory did not live long, because he was so compelled to act. He reached across the chair, and he grabbed her wrist like iron slaws.

“If you do that again, I’ll break your hand,” he threatened and Sulli trust his words. His voice was hoarse as if there is gravel in his throat. “I know your type, Miss Choi.”

She winced as the pressure his fingers on her wrist. “I do not like that,” she said pretending bold.

“Yes,” he said with deceptive mildness. “It’s cool, huh? Could have some fun with government agent, playing a spy, but you know you still have a Busan’s millionaire for your future security.”

“No,” she said. Tears of pain running down her cheeks. Not the physical pain caused by his fingers pressed her hand, but pain since realized how poor and slightingly the view of Minho on her. If only he had allowed her to explain everything.

“Well, the game is over. You may enjoy a romance with me, but I never play outside my league.”

“League?” she asked irritable. “Why do you think that we are from different league?”

“Because, dammit, you drive the white Mercedes and I drive a maroon Chevette. Did not it obvious?” He let go of her wrist so suddenly that Sulli stumbled and crashed into him.

He away of her and looked out the opposite window.

Sulli need takes some time to understand the meaning of his words. Once she understood, like blood boil with anger.

“How dare you insult me like that!” she gasped. “How dare you think that I care what a car driven by a man or how much money he had... I slept... I slept with you because I want it.”

“Oh, really?” he asked quickly, looking at her once again. He pounced, pressed, into the back seat with hand hold her shoulder. Minho leaned his body. “You do not like the way Jong-in’s love? What the reason would you say to the poor Jong-in on the first night when he found you were not pure anymore? But he certainly would suspect your husband has taken what his right.”

“Please, stop,” Sulli sniffle.”

He pressed and whispered nasty, “When he hold you, if you become one with him like this?” Sulli rebelled and tried to push him, but he was too strong and his body movement on her body confirmed his words. “When he kissed you, is there a snoring sound in your throat?”

He tried to kiss her, but Sulli turns her head. His hands gripping her jaw and held her head until her lip could not move while his lip crushed her harshly. Sulli fight, but his grip unwavering. The pressure fingers in the jaws so strong that she fear her bones crack.

“Does you body react to him as such to me?”

He brushed her coat and clutching her s. Contrary to her determination, Sulli could feel herself responding to his touch. His fingers pressing the soft parts, then begins to . What had been intended as an attack turned into a caress.

Just his mouth keep attacking. Slowly but also stop torturing her lip and began to persuade. The kiss changed character and Sulli is so vague that not even realize it until she heard her moan favors. Her softened lip and kissed his lips. Her body was so tough thanks to his touch. She was not even aware of saying, "Oh, Minho," until he was jerked from her body.

His name, which is spoken in the ear with such resignation, anger and hatred through the wall he had built since he heard the conversation between Sulli and Jong-in. He quickly returned to the car and grabbed it behind the wheel as if to attract and destroy it. He held the back of his hand to his forehead.

Oh my God ! What is almost done ?

Sulli observed with the feeling of helplessness and emptiness. Minho shoulders slumped, his hands pressing the base of the eye sockets, while his fingers buried in his thick hair, messy, sunburn redness. His chest was heaving as he gasped.

Finally, the man looked at her with pleading eyes and stretched out an arm to indicate feeling confused. "I'm sorry," he said. "Never, never in my life I am... If I hurt you... I'm sorry," he repeated in a hoarse voice. Minho closed his eyes tightly and pulling at the base of the nose with the thumb and forefinger. “I do not know why I become like this," he muttered desperately.

 

---------------------------------

 

Sooyoung does not seem to be aware of and do not care about the tension between the two other passengers in the car. The three of them go home in silence.

Sulli saw her daughter-in-law’s eyes were red and swollen, indicating she had been crying. That woman is usually joyous only mutter greeted Sulli and Minho when they arrive at the garage. Minho ordered Kibum keep the car until the repair is completed.

Sooyoung huddled in the corner of the back seat and clearly shows she was not want to talking. Since arriving in Incheon, Sulli feels never seen Sooyoung like this. Her attitude suggests that depression so deep that she could not cry anymore, the picture of hopeless feeling that can not be distributed in the normal manner.

As soon as they entered the front door of the house, Sooyoung apologized and resigned immediately and up the stairs.

Not a word was spoken between Minho and Sulli. She attach the coat on clothes hanger and went into the kitchen to get a drink of water. When back down the hall toward the stairs, she met Minho when he got out of the living room after talking to Taemin.

Minho nodded as cold and indifferent strangers, but some time ago Sulli lay in his arms, listen outpouring of feelings. She knew intimately the man's body, but she did not know him. His reason anger has been described. He heard her conversation with Jong-in and really misunderstood.

How Minho could think that she had two-faces? Did he really think that she underestimated what had happened between them? If so, then Minho did not know her. And indeed that was the problem. They do not know each other in important matters.

Once in the room, she immediately got ready for bed. She had just turned off the lights and the bathroom was stepping into bed when heard a knock on the door softly.

"It's me."

"Come, eonni. Anyway, I have not slept," said Sulli.

Sooyoung entered, already wearing a thin coat to cover the nightgown. "Am I interrupting?"

"Of course not. How was your day?" Sulli asked the woman, threw herself wearily into the chair.

"Terrible, Sulli." It shook her curly head. She twirled the wedding ring on her finger. "My parents are making me crazy. They call early this morning, insisted today asked me to visit them. You know why they want to meet me? Divorce. They want me to file for divorce from Siwon."

"Oh, eonni! How could they propose such a thing in a situation like this."

"I do not know. I do not want to hear, of course, but they continued to fill me with the reasons why I should get divorced. They do not appreciate the only reason why I would not do it. I love him." She buried her face in her hands and began sobbing, Sulli's heart seemed to knead. She knelt in front of her daughter-in-law and pulled her into her arms.

"Because of the attitude of my dad, Siwon to perform this action. He always pressed, gave him the difficult tasks in the bank and embarrass him in front of other people when he could not carry it out. Siwon has been trying very hard, but his best efforts were never good enough. During the past year, he wants to change jobs, but I ask that he not do so. Dad did not have a boy, you know, and I think Siwon might be able to fill the void I could not fill it. I'm selfish. I do not aware of what the consequences of all this for Siwon as a man. "

"Do not blame yourself, eonni. He is smart enough as an adult. Perhaps he was hurt and was unable and unsure of himself, but he has done nothing wrong and should bear the consequences. He realizes it. He does not want to blame you, I'm sure."

"Then why did he not try to contact me at all? I have not seen nor heard from him since he left for work that morning. Sulli, I was miserable without him."

Sulli sighed and patted the back of Sooyoung, trying to comfort the woman as she could. "I think he did not call you because he loves you. He does not want you involved, he wants protect you."

“I need him more than protection . "

Sulli smiled softly. "I can understand it, but I doubt men were like that, too." Sulli reflected a moment and said, "This point of view they are very different from ours."

Sooyoung exude nose with a tissue offered Sulli. Wiping away tears, she said, "All day long I have not been here to help you. I have not even asked how you were."

"I 've been healthy. Much healthier . "

Sooyoung nodded unconscious. Sulli can see his mind was still hovering. Her husband's absence caused her to suffer, and he must bear alone.

Sulli conjecture is true, because Sooyoung said, "If you do not mind , I want to go back to my room. Tonight I'm not a bad interlocutor. I want to lay in bed I shared with Siwon and think of him. Was actions sounds crazy?"

"Your actions are very normal. If you need to talk with someone at midnight, I'm willing. You would not interrupt me."

"Thank you, Sulli. I'm... I'm really glad you're here."

Skinny arms wrapped around her neck and Sulli hugged Sooyoung getting tight. "I'm also glad I'm here. Good night.”

"Good night."

Sulli slept so long this afternoon so it was not going to be able to sleep tonight, but the reality is not so. She wants to analyze the odd behavior of Minho, but her brain would not focus on it. Besides the departure of Siwon is a problem that remains to be thinking, and feelings of sadness of Sooyoung also disturbing. On the defensive, her brain get rid of the disturbing thoughts and she instantly asleep as her head hit the pillow .

Her dream filled with Minho. One time a man is cruel and heartless. In the next moment, she was locked in a heady embrace and Minho love to her. Her fingertips can feel the texture of his hair at the nape of that man. The fragrance of his body is now so familiar to her, he was covered with the fragrant when Minho on top of her. The man whispered her name many times in her ears. Sulli, Sulli, Sulli. She continues to draw Minho closer and gripping his neck.

Shortly, after opening her eyes, she thought still dreaming, Minho called her name softly. The man bent over her. Her arms wrapped around his neck.

"What-" Sulli gasp, pull the arm, and hurriedly grabbed a blanket.

 

 

 

Hello all. I want to apologize for disappearing for too long and do not continue this story. Well, finally I'm back and hopefully still be able to continue this story, right? I want to tell you a bit if allowed. The lectures in this semester is very difficult so I had to really focus. But now the holiday season has arrived and hopefully I can continue this story. I hope you can understand my situation and thank you for remaining faithful wait to read the continuation of the story. Once again I want to apologize, hopefully in this chapter you can forgive me *LOL

Thank you to you guys who greet me via twitter :)

 

your author-nim

nanawidya