Five

A Piece Of Heart

I'm so sorry for my late update :'(

It's because I have to finish my final projects this semester at the college and all of the projects were so difficult

But finally, I guess that I have finish it well kkkk~ ^^

Alright, this one would be the long one and I hope that you won't feel bored to read it

 

 

Minho had left office when Sulli woke up. She opened her eyes slowly and, without moving her head, surveyed the room. Nothing has changed. All is exactly as same as before. She’s just different. All of the changes that were occur on her body.

What had she done? How all of this happened? Where her common sense? Obviously she did not use common sense, because if so, the event would not happen last night. Is she suffered temporary insanity?

Maybe it was just a bad dream? Yes. No.

Well, if the incident is too nice to be a bad dream, perhaps it was an ordinary dream. No. she could still smell the cologne of Minho on her skin. On her body there are many signs of his intimate embrace. Even now she could clearly remember every motion and detail. It was not a dream.

Her eyes moved back to the chair where Minho slept. Pillow lying on the corner still shows traces of his head. Very soft feeling welled up inside of her, and she smiled to herself as she remembered it all.

The smile disappeared when she saw the blanket on the floor beside the chair where he sitting on. Minho definitely dumped the thought about her as easy as he threw the blanket.

She shut with a weak fist. Feeling very sorry caused her eyes closed tight as she remembered her crazy behavior when responding to kiss him. Oh my God! Definitely he would feel swell-headed this morning. Obviously he was very proud of himself. He could have seduced her easily to…No! She sobbed and a tear fell from behind closed eyelids and ran down her cheeks flushed a moment before she buried her face into the pillows.

How can that event really happen? She could not defend herself by saying that Minho anesthetized her with alcohol, or play feeling sympathy, or physically force her to accept and respond his kiss. The man even did not seduce her with sweety words. He did not say anything. Minho just approached her from the darkness, touch her, kiss her, and she willingly to give him more than he asked for.

With a miserable feeling she returned groaned embarrassed when remember how her bare chest crushed by his lip with feeling hungry. No. He was not vicious or greedy. Embarrassment deepened because every time the memory comes to mind, her body pulsing back longingly.

She must not lie here and think about it any longer. It’s better if she faced him coldly. For Minho the accident last night was not over naughty games in the dark. She was not going to make him know that last night was very meaningful to her. When getting off the couch, Sulli realize that her chest still without shirt. After frantic searching, she found her shirt behind the couch.

She walked slowly to the door. Installing her ears so she could listen carefully, does not any move around in the house. She left the office and went to the mini bathroom that she uses last night. She shuddered embarrassed when reminded of Minho caught in an awkward position with lifted shirt. Poorer any thoughts about Choi Minho waves generate the heat sensation.

“Oh, you’re finally shown up,” called Sooyoung when Sulli came out of the bathroom. Her sister-in-law was standing in the doorway of the office.

“Good morning,” muttered Sulli, hope Sooyoung can not detect her guilt.

She behaved like a person of unsound mind alone! Anyway, what the hell actually happened? Cooed sweet talk a bit over the limit, that’s all. Ordinary people were doing that right. She is not y. Yet.

“I came to save you,” Sooyoung said mysteriously. “I have been persuaded Tae Min allowed you to go to upstairs and have a shower. Then you and I will have breakfast together.”

“How about General Choi Minho? Do not you think he would be considered to have deserted me?”

“Maybe he will not know,” Sooyoung said excitedly. “He was not there. Come on.”

Sooyoung gives Sulli just enough time to take the suitcases in the bathroom, offered to bring a large, before dragging it to the guest bedroom and showed a small but comfortable room.

Room is furnished in white wicker that matched with the green apple wall. Curtains and bed cover looked festive with a daisy motif. Lounge chairs green stripes and white put the side in the corner. “The bathroom is behind that door,” Sooyoung told. “I’ve checked everything, but if there missed, call me.”

“Thank you, unnie. This is great. Really. I’ll be going down as soon as possible.”

“Do not be in a hurry because of me,” said Sooyoung.

“No. I’m in hurry because Mr. Choi Minho.”

Sooyoung just giggled before closing the door and leaving Sulli.

The bathroom is amazing and she enjoys the hot water full of foam and fragrance. She told herself that she did not bother to keep her appearance this morning, but what she does give the impression otherwise.

She drying her hair, and then skillfully using a hairbrush to make styles for her dark hair. She chose the khaki skirt and cotton plaid blue blouse and dim red wine. Her Beene-Bag shoes dark purplish blue with the wood on the heel. Her jewelry besides gold watches and Jong-in’s diamond ring is a small gold earrings. She looked calm, confident, and very controlled situations.

The impression is immediately shattered when she heard the sound of Minho when she was coming down the stairs. Her heart leapt into , and she reflexively clutched the banister when her step faltered.

“Hey, hyung, is that you?” she recognize the voice of Tae Min.

“Yeah.”

“Kyu-hyun hyung is waiting on the phone.”

“I’ll be there.”

Sulli can hear the rushing footsteps when Minho walked across the house to the living room. What would she say to him this morning? For a moment she did not believe that man can forget what they did last night in pitch darkness even though she told him to do so. How could he forget some very valuable minutes, when she felt total happiness in the arms of the man? For her, his fondling effects like internal wave aftershocks.

After all she had to see him, so it might be better now. She was down the last few steps, and then she stood quietly in the bottom of the stair. From there she could see into the living room. Minho clamped the phone between his chin and shoulder. He was busy taking notes. She expected to see him like yesterday–gray slacks, dark tie, white shirt, uniform all of the government employees. The sight is very different.

Minho is only wearing blue jogging shorts and running shoes. Only that. When he bent over the table, write the own paper in his hands clammy with sweat, with impatience he raised the glasses that constantly slipped on his nose that were slick with sweat. Upset, he finally yanked it, tossed onto the table as he continued to write quickly.

Sulli stood there and watched, were so enchanted by the symmetrical perfection of his physical. Now she knows why is he was so super. If Minho ran like this every morning–and if you see the sweat pouring, the distance is not near–we will know easily his secret. Legs and arms were hard and muscular. His shoulders were broad and impressive chest. Incoherent feelings when she saw that there’s no limit his tanned skin.

“No, I think that’s enough,” said Minho shortly. “If there’s something else I need, I’ll call. Thank you, Hyunnie. I owe you one.”

He hung up and went put pen to paper for a few seconds before he enforcing his body.

He barely looked at her with open-mouthed when he saw Sulli of stairs. Then his eyes boldly down her body and back up again. For a second their eyes met and attached, and Sulli’s breath caught in . She was confused when Minho quickly looked away. Where is his usual taught less scorn?

Undaunted, she entered the room and stood at the front desk. Finally, he raised his head and looked at her with a blank face, can not be read. “You’re wake up early.”

“You too,” she said. “You always start your day like this?” Sulli asked nodding her head to his body bathed in sweat after a run.

“I tried to run a few miles every day.” Why his sentences are so short? He did not talk to her, he answered the question just for reasons of politeness. His eyes did not show what she really wanted to know.

“Was not cold outside?”

His movements while lifting shoulders cause all kinds of muscles moving, and Sulli strive divert her eyes from his chest. “Sometimes it is cold when I started to run, but my body warmed up pretty quickly. I wear a jacket early. I left it on the porch. The boys across the street were says that Tae Min needs me.”

He wiped the sweat from the brow with the back of his hand and tried to dry it in the shorts. Automatic movements, because it was clear his mind was somewhere else.

“You must be glad to know that your identity has been confirmed.” He uttered these words with indifference, as if what he says is not important. Sulli looked at him in surprise, but the expressions on his face stiff remained uncharged. “I called my partner in Busan last night and he immediately began an investigation. What can not be taken care of him last night, he’s resumption this morning. We know everything about you, Miss Choi.”

His formal demeanor is changed instantly offend Sulli again. Last night, just before returning to his seat, he whispered her name in the dark, causing Sulli feeling vibrating. Now, Minho did not remember.

“We even know that your trash is taken every Tuesday and Friday. I hope you remember to take out it before leaving.”

Did he mean to be funny? she think not, because Minho was not smiling. Nor did he look at her. His eyes were moving around the room, observing various objects. If he was looking at her, his eyes briefly and glance. Since Sulli entry the room, not once did he look at her. “You, of course, can go now,” Minho said firmly.

Why did he behave as if nothing was going on between them? Why is he not smiling, or flirting, or bother her now. Why he did not ask sorry? Why he did not do something?

“I’m sorry if I ever bother you.”

Maybe if he did not say that last sentence, Sulli would go and forever confused with his enigmatic ever she met in the Incheon. That farewell speech has evokes that anger lightly. Her confusion turned to anger bubbling and she took it out on him.

“I think that everything you do relating to the task!”

Minho immediately knew the words mean, and Sulli soon see the anger contagious. “Exactly,” he said curtly.

Yesterday she raged at him because she was treated harshly, but it turned out not now. She did not know what does his schemes prepared for her. Her eyes shone like coals when she glares.

“You–“ Sulli started to spray him out.

“Mrs. Choi had prepared breakfast for you. She cooks a special meal,” Tae Min told, grinning when entering the room. Minho’s subordinate was cut spate tirade that Sulli has been prepared and Sulli was feel the chance to redden the ears of Choi Minho and devastated his cold like a pretentious attitude is taken from her.

“We’re not here to eat,” snapped Minho on the poor Tae Min and his grin disappeared considered by his cool brown eyes.

“Yes, hyung,” Tae Min said quickly. “But she already cooked a lot of food and she said…” He his lip nervously.

Minho’s gaze is not softened even a little bit. Tae Min pulls napkin from his belt and said, “Is there I need to do, hyung?”

Minho sighed with a hissing sound while angrily wiped his sweaty wet hair. “No. Go and enjoy your breakfast. I’m going across the street to clean my body. Then I have to call some people in the central office, but if you need me, call me. I was there not more than an hour.”

Having said so, he came out from behind the desk and walked quickly out of the room without so much as glanced at Sulli. Sulli stood a moment, stunned and angry, until Tae Min said, embarrassed, “Mrs. Choi was waiting. I guess I’m full.” He intimidated by Minho’s tough stance.

Choi Minho is good at making people feel so.

 

_____________________

 

 

Sooyoung was indeed a great chef. While eating delicious meals cooked by Sooyoung, Sulli reflect her subsequent plans. She did not know what to do.

Like it or not, she has been involved in the life of her brother and her brother are facing a big problem. After this incident Siwon will not be the same person again. He should go to jail for years or else bear the consequences are equally severe. Yesterday for her, Siwon was nothing more than a name on a piece of paper, hope, and promise. Today, he is a real person with real problems, and Sulli can not leave the only her family, when he needed support.

Reason for want to find Siwon was because she needed a family. She think will get warmth and happiness, moments of laughter and nostalgia. However, she instead plunged into a tragic situation. Can she negate the fact that Choi Siwon is her brother? Family is not only share the happiness. They also shared difficulties. And maybe it will more strengthen kinship.

She loves Sooyoung. Her naivety and her friendliness evokes maternal instinct within Sulli and she felt compelled to stay with Sooyoung and want to provide any kind of help that can be given during the days of trial that is going this to continue.

Her decision had been unanimous and final. She will stay in Incheon.

While sipping the second cup of coffee, she realized she did not feel relieved after taking such an important decision. Could it be because she was worried about her business? Going long is not a good way to manage a business, especially a business that clients often feel the need to deal directly with her. They believe her opinion and imaginative and her good tastes. Sometimes they ask for her approval before accepting the offer presented by one of her employee. Well, since starting the business, she never skipped out of work for more than a few days. But she also has trained her staff well. They must be in control. And if there were to compare the problems that sometimes arise in a fashion show with the problems faced by her brother and his wife today, all these problems seem so petty and trivial.

Is it because separate away of Jong-in so she hesitant to offer her helps for Sooyoung? That man was would upset because she stay longer in Incheon. He will whine and beg in order for Sulli come home, but eventually he would understand. Sulli does not intend to tell him about the Siwon’s crime, but she would make excuses to stay here sounded so urgent, so the businessman whiz like Jong-in must have seen that it is important for Sulli to find any solution to the problem that keeps her here.

Sooyoung is chattering happily while cleaning up the kitchen after breakfast. She insisted that Sulli does not need help her. Sulli hope that she responds to all questions and Sooyoung’s comments with an appropriate response, but her mind was still revolving around the dilemma. Why she did not want to stay until Siwon found?

She knew the reason, but do not want to admit it. The reason is hidden somewhere in her mind and she did not want to remove it from where she hid it.

Choi Minho.

She did not want to stay here because of that man. In her lifetime, Sulli rarely made to feel like a fool. Her parents taught her to always straightforward confidence, and she never shy away from a problem, but face it and get right to the bitter end.

Then why is she so weak when facing Minho last night?

She should fight tooth and nail when he first kissed her. She should have slapped his face hardly, shouted for Tae Min, anything, but lie resigned and respond to touch is so passionate. What demon that had been possessed her so that she behaves like that?

She was able to resist the seduction of men since high school. And as she grow older, resistance is increasingly difficult and increasingly the complex seduction. Jong-in unyielding insistence in order for them to sleep together is one of example. She never gave access to herself like that in men. Except, of course, the poor Jong-woon. But that’s  different.

Still, it’s the attitude of Minho this morning was confusing. So turn off the light in the room last night, he talked about the future of Siwon. His voice was not speaking as a government agent. He sounded concerned. His kiss is like lovers in love. Sulli’s body is familiar to him. He whispered her name with emotion after thrilling events in the darkness.

This morning he was back being cold and strange and calling ‘Miss Choi’ with dictatorial voice. But his voice was not mocking. He looked uneasy. He looked upset and worried. Sulli does not understand. Although she did not imagine that he had a real romantic interest toward her, she expects some sort of reaction, whatever.

Even more painful is the fact that she apparently could not forget his touches, despite what has happened seems to have no effect on Minho. She felt a different sensation until last night she thought could not be felt. Could she live in the same city with him, to see him every time she visited Sooyong? Her sudden involvement in Siwon’s life already complicated enough. She will complicate matters a hundred times if interested in Choi Minho.

The questions and arguments romp in her mind until she wanted to scream. And she still does not know what a subsequent action.

Meeting with Sooyoung’s parents make her sure what she has to do.

The couple came that afternoon. Minho has not come back from across the street, so Tae Min who opened the door, after checking their identity through the living room window curtain.

Sulli, who look at a magazine on the couch, aware that yesterday Minho must have been watching her before opening the door. She remembers having to wait a long time before he responded to the bell ringing.

Tae Min followed the couple into the living room and grumble, “I should call Minho,” before going to red phone and talk. “Did he see them? Okay.” He hung up and then told, “He will come soon.”

“We did not come here to meet Mr. Choi Minho, and I hated not being able to visit my daughter without feeling like I’m being interrogated him.”

The woman who spoke rudely to Tae Min was clearly visible usual obeyed her will and never acknowledged the wishes of others. Smiling, Sulli think that Sooyoung’s eomeoni will be a big surprise when she met Minho.

Sooyoung’s eomeoni is short stature slim. Skin and hair perfectly manicured. She wore casual dress, but Sulli know who the designer. The price is not small, except for the people who used to have and spend a lot of money, and judging from her appearance that Mrs. Im Yoon-ah is including people like that.

Mr. Seo is equally neat and stereotype with his wife. Short-cropped gray hair. If she does not know his profession, Sulli can certainly immediately guess. Dark blue suit, white shirt, and dark tie showed he must come directly from the bank where he became president. His gaze was sharp and authoritative demeanor will give the bank customers a sense of calm and certain that their money is handled properly.

Sulli immediately did not like them.

Sooyoung is bounding down the stairs when she heard her mother and now she ran into the room, breathless and excited.

“Oh, quite frankly, Sooyoungie, if you allow me to accompanied you to the salon. That limp straight hair is so disgusting. Just because your husband had a big trouble, what means you have to let yourself fall apart?”

Sulli astonished at these words. How come there is a mother who could speak like that to her daughter? Especially with the daughter who felt as if the world was collapse around her.

“Mian-hae, eomeoni. Lately, I’m not too concerned about my hairstyle,” Sooyoung apologized to lethargic. “Annyeong, abeoji.”

“Annyeong, Youngie. Is there any news about Siwon?”

“Not directly,” Sooyoung said grinned at Sulli mysteriously.

“What’s wrong?” He urged. “He was found? Is the money with him?”

“No, it wasn’t like that,” Sooyoung said, discouraged. Her cheerfulness a moment ago vanished instantly. “Someone came to see him. Someone is very important.” She pointed at Sulli, who had been not the slightest attention the couple, though they both saw her when entering the room.

“Well?” that’s only the comment from her mother after she looked at Sulli in detail with her gray eyes were cold and almost colorless.

“She is Siwon oppa’s sister, Miss Choi Sulli.”

Eerie silence when Sulli stood politely, bowing to Sooyoung’s parents. They stared at her without blinking, as if she was being cursed.

Before Sulli could speak, the silence was interrupted by Minho who opened the front door. He is so handsome, thought Sulli when he appears. His hair still wet from the shower Sulli can smell his cologne from where she was standing across the room. The fragrance is very familiar to her.

With one swift glance he seems to be able to understand the situation. As he reached into his pocket with arbitrarily motion, he walked casually into the room. “Hello, Mrs. Im, Mr. Seo. What are you doing here?”

“I think it’s obvious, Minho-shi,” snapped Mr. Seo. “We have not heard anything from you these days and I demand that had always been told.”

His hand slowly out of his pocket and Sulli see his hands fists clenched so hard. His body stiffened dislikes. Just his face remained passive. When he spoke, Sulli was surprised to hear his flat voice. “First, Mr. Seo, you have no right to ‘demand’ anything. It’s not your money that had been missing. The money was owned by the federal government and the investors in your bank. Second, I told you I would inform further developments, and so far there has no been.”

“Why?” snapped Mrs. Im. “It should not be too hard for you and your team to find a horde of criminals.”

“If you mean is Mr. Choi Siwon, let me inform you that he has not been charged committed any crime. We just know that he and huge amounts of money lost by chance at the same time. If I were you, Mrs. Im, I will choose my words carefully. You never know when your mouth will pounce on you.”

Hearing his words, Sulli feels she’s going to fall despite the fall just by leaves. Is not what he said to her last night almost 180degrees different? Now Minho is defending her brother in front of these spiteful people and she wanted to hug him and say thank you. Hatred of the man to the couple is equivalent to her hatred. Sulli can see it in his eyes when Minho looked at her from over their heads.

His voice was flat when he said, “I see you have met with Mr. Choi Siwon’s sister.”

Mrs. Im snorted, but her husband was being a little more polite to say, “We just met when you came. Is it true that you are Siwon’s sister? During this time we were told he did not have a family.” The statement was issued with suspicion.

Heredity is important for these proud people, thought Sulli, but she said quietly, “Yes, Mr. Seo, I’m Siwon’s sister. We were adopted the different parents when I was a kid. When found out about his existence a few years ago, I began to looking for him. Just a few weeks ago I am sure that Choi Siwon is my brother. I came here today to see him.”

Her eyes involuntarily centered to Minho who still looked at her. Can anyone else feel the wave that looks like a vibrating between them? “I was shocked when I heard from Mr. Choi Minho about the problem faced by Siwon oppa.”

“I can say that I do not be surprised when I heard about thi–“ Mrs. Im interrupts and looked at Minho timidly. “I was not surprised when he disappeared,” she fixed her words, though remained sharply. “I never believed him. Since the first day I saw him.”

“Eomeoni, please, do not talking like that about Siwon oppa. He’s your son-in-law, right.“ Sooyoung’s voice trembled and her lower lip trembled. Sulli urge to visit her and protect from her parents’ fierce.

“Not my fault,” she said. Her eyes narrowed and she looked at her daughter and shook her finger wearing a ring. “I told you that you’d regret your marriage. And I was right. And you will continue to regret for the rest of your life, no matter what happens to him now.”

Mr. Seo also looked at his daughter. “Not only was he older than you. We do not know anything about his origin, who or what his ancestors. According to his actions lately proves our talk.”

Sulli can not trust her hearing. How can people be so heartless? What they do not realize how their words are very insulted her? She would tell them!

She took a step toward the couple and was about to open to shouting the protest when Minho stopped her.

He quickly said, “If you do not mind, could you postpone this family discussion until another time? We have much to clean up. And I forbid you to come here again. If Mrs. Choi wanted to see you, she can visit your home.”

“You mean that you banned me from my own daughter’s home?” Mr. Seo is stunned when heard such impertinence.

“Yes. I do not want this place was packed and scary for anyone who might be trying to connect Mrs. Choi to the information that we can use.”

“Well, I never–“

Minho ignored Im Yoon-ah as if she has not started talking. “Incheon Police Agency is cooperated fully with me. If you show up on the front porch again, I will contact them and ask that you be taken away–by force if necessary. Get out. Now.”

His voice and demeanor were showed that he did not to argue with. Tae Min, who had been silent and motionless, like a sudden now appear and move in behind the couple, as if intended to lead them out.

Yoon-ah got up and looked at him with blatant hate. She stared at Minho with steely eyes, and then marched through the door. Her husband, equally imperious is following her. The front door slammed firmly shut until the glass windows tremble.

Sulli hear that Minho is muttered curses spicy. Tae Min hurried off to the kitchen. Sooyoung is running to Sulli.

“Sulli-ah, I’m sorry. They insult you, I feel bad. I do not know what makes them so vile! And the way they talk about Siwon oppa, very– very–“ she burst into tears. She turned and ran up the stairs.

Sulli looked at Minho briefly, but he did not see her. He sat behind the desk, resting on the elbows, his face hidden behind hand. Sulli ran after Sooyoung.

She found the woman face down on the bed crying like a teenager who was rejected by her first love. Sulli comforted her by the words that came to her out of nowhere. Neither she believes what she says make sense, but the chatter was seems to help Sooyoung calm. She looked Sulli with wide-eyed and do not believe.

“You said that you would stay here with me until Siwon oppa found?” She sniffed and wiped her nose with the back of her hand.

“If you don’t mind, unni.”

“Ah, Sulli-ah. I need a friend who can understand and also feel my concern about Siwon oppa.”

“I’ll stay as long as you need me.” Her heart was devastated when she saw the joy and relief on the Sooyoung’s face looks wet with tears. “I’m going to look for the hotel and would not stay away from you.”

“Ani-yo Sulli-ah. I want you to stay here with me. You can stay in the guest room. Please stay here. Please.”

Sulli is biting her lip as she thought. Living under the roof of this house will make her more closely and always dealing with Minho, but Sooyoung’s needs should take precedence over the desire to avoid the man. After watching how she treated by her parents, Sulli increasingly know how messed up the feelings her sister-in-law.

“Okay,” she agreed, trying not to show his reluctance. Sooyoung start planning all kinds of activities for them, but Sulli asked her to lie down and relax. Sooyoung was lying in bed, her regular breathing, almost sleep, when Sulli leaving her.

Minho is alone in the living room. The man looked up from a table full of paper strewn about. This time his glasses are in the correct position at the base of the nose and not stuck on the other parts are in his head like a misplaced object.

“Is she fine?” he asked.

Sulli entered the room and slumped into a chair across the table. “Yes. Today I came to know that there is more than one form of child abuse. Is a miracle that Sooyoung not to be maniac.”

“I agree. The time that should we spend to counter them and improve their amateur efforts to do our job with time to do our job, just as much.” He almost smiled at his jumbled words. “I will try my best to get rid of them from Sooyoung until this mess sorted out.”

“Good,” said Sulli.

They were silent for a moment and tried hard not to look at each other. Sulli know from her experience that her face is too expressive so she could not hide her feelings. Her emotions can read by people easily. It was very dangerous, especially because Minho is without expression now.

After some time looking around the room, Minho said, “Tell me when you want to go, I will ask Tae Min to book the ticket later. I’m also going to ask him to take you to the airport.”

“Thank you for your kindness, Minho-shi, but I do not want to go.”

 

 

So, what do you think? Did you already feel bored? haha

I write this when I have a spare time in the middle of my activities

I feel impatience to posted it soon, but I have to finished my project first

The good news is I haven't much class left at the college, so maybe I'll be update regularly

Okay then, thanks for your loyalty to keep reading my story *90degreesbowing*

See you on the next chapter soon ^^

 

Your author-nim

nanawidya