Stranded

Stranded

Chansung opened his eyes. He remembered when the hull of the plane tore in half at impact, right in front of his eyes. He was ejected with incredible force as the two halves crashed into the sea and then everything went black. He couldn't remember anything else. He looked around but he couldn't see anything except the sea in all directions. There were hardly any waves to speak of, just water that seemed to go on forever. Where were the others? Or the plane for that matter? He got a pang in his stomach, had the two plane halves sunk to the bottom with everyone aboard but him? No it couldn't have been so clean cut that it hadn't left one scrap of evidence of the crash behind. There was not one piece of broken debris floating around, how could that be? Chansung decided to think positive until proven otherwise, he was alive so the others had to be alive too. But where were they?

 

When the 2PM boys were all cried out and most of the commotion had died down, Yunho gathered them all around him. “We're stranded, that much is clear.” he began, “Ehm.. duhh!” Changmin whispered, some of the boys snickered, stopping abruptly when they saw Yunho looking at them. Yunho continued, “Where are we? We have no idea. The only thing we do know for sure is that we have to survive and in order to survive, we have to work together.”. “Yeah, but who put you in charge?” Changmin was pushing his buttons on purpose, smirking. Yunho gave him a very stern glare before changing his expression into the benevolent look of a kind king before his subjects. He was gearing up for an inspirational speech.

 

It was getting dark and Chansung was cold, he shivered. He knew he couldn't just float around forever, he had to find the others, but which direction to choose? “Eeny, meeny, miny, moe..” he chose randomly and began swimming.

 

Yunho had emphasized that right now getting some sleep was priority number one. Only with sleep would they be able to continue the search for Chansung in the morning. Since the plane had crashed nose first into the water, Yunho thought the possibility slim that the pilot and co-pilot were still alive. “It will get chilly soon and we are already wet, so everyone find a sleeping partner. That person will have the responsibility of keeping you warm, thus keeping you alive through the night. This is not the time to be shy or coy, I'm talking about really snuggling up to each other, using each other's body heat to stay warm. Now let's try to get a few hour's sleep, everyone stay close together!” Yunho lay down beside Changmin and to show a good example he put his arms around him, pulling him in tight as he weaved their legs together. Changmin tried to struggle at first but soon realized that resistance was futile. He rested his head under Yunho's chin, his skin was soft and there was still the faint odor of the cologne he had put on this morning. Changmin loved that cologne, it smelled like home. He felt safe for the first time since the crash, the tiredness slowly overpowering his body until he fell sound asleep.

 

Chansung couldn't see his hands before his eyes, he saw only darkness. He felt the darkness creeping into his soul as well, he knew if he let it in that it would be the end. His muscles ached, how long had he been swimming? An hour? Two? Five? Chansung had no idea, he had no sense of time, or space for that matter. He was alone in the universe, lost. He forced himself to keep swimming, even though it seemed pointless. He couldn't even see where he was going and even if he could see, there was nothing to see but water. So much water. He started singing to keep his spirit alive, at the top of his lungs he started “Oh, OH, sakkende motto himiceini seruyo, oh, OH, boku wo tanjjitTE~”.

 

“You heard the man!” Seunghyun said, moving his body close to Daesung's, hugging him from behind. Every cell in Daesung's body was on red alert, how was he going to get any sleep like this? It was impossible. Without warning Seunghyun started to tickle him all over, Daesung thought it would be very inappropriate to laugh out loud given their current situation but how was he supposed to contain it? He let it out in quiet snorts, feeling like something in him would soon snap under the pressure of pent up laughter. He tried kicking Seunghyun, but he foresaw it and moved away just as he attacked. After a while Seunghyun eased up on the tickling, leaving Daesung exhausted. He didn't know if he had done it on purpose or was just horsing around as he always did, but Daesung felt more relaxed and comfortable than he had before and for that he was thankful.

“Get some sleep.” Seunghyun whispered as he lay his head down, resting his forehead on the back of Daesung's head, burrowing his face into his hair. That had to be uncomfortable, having his hair poke him in the face and probably making it harder to breathe properly. Daesung closed his eyes but he couldn't stop thinking about Chansung and what he might be going through right now. He couldn't imagine how Nichkhun felt, if he would ever lose Seunghyun, or the others, he shuddered at the thought, squeezing Seunghyun's hand. He squeezed it back.

Determined, he broke out of Seunghyun's arms and stood up. Seunghyun looked up at him, demanding an explanation with his eyes, but it was too dark for Daesung to see. Daesung crawled along the row of boys lying in the sand, heading for the sobbing sound that echoed through the darkness. When he reached Nichkhun, he put his lips up against his ear and whispered “He's alive, I can feel it.”.

 

Seungri was wriggling in the sand, trying to escape from G-Dragon's claws. “Stay still you little...” G-Dragon locked his arms around him. “Too tight! Too tight!” Seungri complained, “It's suppose to be tight, didn't you hear Yunho just now?” G-Dragon smirked, he was enjoying torturing him a little too much. Slowly Seungri stopped fighting back, instead digging his head into his chest, “I'm cold.”. G-Dragon could hear in his voice that he had put up his puppy eyes, or panda eyes more like it. G-Dragon couldn't resist it when he looked like a cute lost little panda in need of his help and Seungri knew it all too well, using it to manipulate him at key moments.

G-Dragon could hear teeth clattering behind him, it was Taeyang. G-Dragon quickly turned around, unwittingly putting Seungri in a choke hold. “Ugh.. ugh!” Seungri tried to object but nothing came out. “Oh, he he.. sorry little dude.” G-Dragon grinned apologetically. He released him and reached for Taeyang. “Come on, let's snuggle up the three of us, keep each other warm, okay?” G-Dragon said softly as he moved closer to Taeyang, dragging Seungri along with him.

Even though Taeyang was freezing, he didn't think this was a good idea. He couldn't refuse though, because then G-Dragon would ask him why, what should he tell him? 'Oh no reason, just because I'm incredibly attracted to you, surprise!'. Yeah, he couldn't do that. He had decided a long time ago that he was never going to act on those feelings, their friendship was too precious to him and there was too much that could go wrong. He couldn't imagine life without him. He was his family, the center of his universe.

Seungri didn't want to play The Three Musketeers, but it was not like he had a choice and they couldn't very well leave Taeyang there to freeze alone. He thought about today and started to get depressed. When push came to shove, G-Dragon had chosen Taeyang and not him. It was true that Taeyang had been worse off than him and needed the rescue more, but there was no way G-Dragon could have known that. Instead of a leg cramp, he could've been bleeding out or worse. That moment had confirmed his suspicions and his biggest fear, G-Dragon loved Taeyang more than he loved him.

Taeyang was pressed up against G-Dragon's back, this was not good. He feared something was about to happen. If it did, G-Dragon would feel it right away, that's how close he was to him. He needed a distraction. Uhm, football, that was quite uninteresting. Wait, a bunch of fit sweaty guys getting into it, no that was not a good idea. Think, brain think! Apples. What? That's what you came up with? He sighed. Grandma knitting, cool, that works! He concentrated as hard as he could on his grandma knitting, carefully making her little embroidered tea cozies.

 

Out of the blue, Taeyang felt someone grab him from behind and drag him away. He lost his grip on G-Dragon.